Thread: MB Free Enneagram Software

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Clearly not, otherwise you would've scored highest on 8 in any test. Take me for example. Am I an 8 because I score highest in another type but then say "I fit the motivations of 8?" No. I fit the motivations AND behaviour. Every 8 does.
    There's no way you wouldn't score highest in 8 if you weren't one.
    Well in that case, since I have had several different test scores, I obviously don't have a type. Thanks for clearing that up.

This mode of thinking of yours make me want to strangle you sometimes. You're an all or none thinker, a dangerous trait; and you are incapable of getting unstuck from this mode of thinking because once you get an idea in your head, it's impossible for anyone to explain anything else to you. After talking to you for a long time about something, explaining it in many different ways, you seem to get it... but then you just go right back to it or get stuck on some other ridiculously simplified or taken out of context point.

And you think anyone wants to be controlled? Course not. Everyone want to be loved? Clearly. Everyone want to be good? Of course. You can't just take the surface of a 'motivation'. There is SO much more to it than that.
    sigh

The 8 is an 8 because all through their life, they've been fucked with, bullied and/or taken advantage of. They've been taught to be strong. THAT IS WHAT MAKES AN 8. SHOW NO WEAKNESS. BE TOUGH. It is wired into them like a fucking cyborg.
    That's a far more accurate description of my childhood than the 3 description... I had super strict religious freak parents, and did just as much to raise my brother and sister as my parents did. I needed to take charge in a lot of situations because I had to draw the line between their cult's expectations and what was reasonable.

Why didn't you mention that that "the motivations and behaviors of 8 fit me perfectly" on EIDB? Then we would've all just told you "don't worry - 8 was clearly high on your test scores, so you're probably that". In fact, why did you even start a topic about it if this fact was obvious? My guess is that you're being deceptive. Either to us, or worse - to yourself. Have a long, hard think about it.
    I hadn't read the description.

And talk to zenbrat.
    What the fuck would that accomplish? Thanks, but I'd rather not.

Also note that LIE is perfectly compatible with E3.
    I refuse to discuss the matter of enneagram/Socionics correlations with you. You still know FAR too little about Socionics, and that mode of thinking I mentioned earlier makes it impossible to effectively communicate with you on these matters. But if I ever feel like chasing my tail all day long, I'll let you know and we can get into it.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    For the record, I don't find you charismatic.
    That's nice.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Well in that case, since I have had several different test scores, I obviously don't have a type. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Well, at least we know other types are a possibility.

This mode of thinking of yours make me want to strangle you sometimes. You're an all or none thinker, a dangerous trait; and you are incapable of getting unstuck from this mode of thinking because once you get an idea in your head, it's impossible for anyone to explain anything else to you. After talking to you for a long time about something, explaining it in many different ways, you seem to get it... but then you just go right back to it or get stuck on some other ridiculously simplified or taken out of context point.
    Good analysis.

That's a far more accurate description of my childhood than the 3 description... I had super strict religious freak parents, and did just as much to raise my brother and sister as my parents did. I needed to take charge in a lot of situations because I had to draw the line between their cult's expectations and what was reasonable.
    That's more of a case for 1 than 8.

What the fuck would that accomplish? Thanks, but I'd rather not.
    She thought she was an 8w7, but it turned out she was a 3w4. You also think you are an 8w7, and you may be a 3w4. Ask her how she came to the conclusion that she is a 3w4, and perhaps you will learn that you are a 3w4.

I refuse to discuss the matter of enneagram/Socionics correlations with you. You still know FAR too little about Socionics, and that mode of thinking I mentioned earlier makes it impossible to effectively communicate with you on these matters. But if I ever feel like chasing my tail all day long, I'll let you know and we can get into it.
    Yes, I can see there is a problem. I am deficient in socionics (as always, I'm just trying to learn, and I've learned a lot), and you are deficient in the Enneagram, which here you demonstrate that you are not interested in learning about.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the fact that none of the 3 descriptions fit me as well as the 8 descriptions doesn't mean anything? Seriously, 1 or 5 would be more likely than 3. My question is: If 3 and 8 can look similar, wouldn't it make sense for people to interpret the test questions about traits of one as traits of the others?

In any case, I don't need to talk to someone to decide my enneagram type. I've read a lot, talked to people (including you), and considered different types and wings, and 8w7 fits very well, and there are problems with every other possible type.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 and 8 don't look similar at all when you get acquainted with them.

Basically, Joy, it just seems suspicious that your top score was 3, and then you read the 8 description and decided that that was you. It seems like you're choosing your ideal, instead of accepting who you are.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 and 8 don't look similar at all, even before you get acquainted with them.

Basically, Joy, it just seems suspicious that your top score was 3, and then you read the 8 description and decided that that was you. It seems like you're choosing your ideal, instead of accepting who you are.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The descriptions say they can look similar. If you disagree, I don't know what to tell you.

Ezra, the fact that I scored high on 3 on a test that niffweed scored high on 3 on means nothing more than that it's a shitty test. I don't remember which test I took and scored 3 as the high on before, but it's possible that it was a shitty test as well.

If you feel so inclined, you may decide which tests are the best enneagram tests, and if they're not too long I'll take them. I don't think that testing is probably the best way to find your enneagram type though. It's too easy to misconstrue these types of questions. The best way imo is to read descriptions of each of the types and then narrow it down to a couple/few and learn as much as you can about those types, their wings, and their stacks. That's what I've done, and I'm definitely 8w7 sx/sp. The closest other possibility is 5, but I've seriously considered it and ruled it out. (Perhaps you recall?) After that, 1, 3, and 7... which don't make anywhere near enough sense to seriously consider at this point.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The descriptions say they can look similar. If you disagree, I don't know what to tell you.
    You can tell me where to find the descriptions which say they can look similar.

Ezra, the fact that I scored high on 3 on a test that niffweed scored high on 3 on means nothing more than that it's a shitty test. I don't remember which test I took and scored 3 as the high on before, but it's possible that it was a shitty test as well.

If you feel so inclined, you may decide which tests are the best enneagram tests, and if they're not too long I'll take them. I don't think that testing is probably the best way to find your enneagram type though. It's too easy to misconstrue these types of questions. The best way imo is to read descriptions of each of the types and then narrow it down to a couple/few and learn as much as you can about those types, their wings, and their stacks. That's what I've done, and I'm definitely 8w7 sx/sp. The closest other possibility is 5, but I've seriously considered it and ruled it out. (Perhaps you recall?) After that, 1, 3, and 7... which don't make anywhere near enough sense to seriously consider at this point.
    Joy, you and I bear much resemblance. Even when you came to EIDB, I thought we were quite alike. By your writing style, and by how you come across ("you as an 8 is fishy..." kind of thing).

Also, your scores resemble mine, except I only got 3 once (and I lied).

I'll have to meet you in real life some day.

Let me lastly point out that sx/sp is very close to the SLE: "They can enjoy making others react to them, keeping others on their toes, to find out what makes them tick." Epitome of it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah
    The difference is, you are shitter at tying things off than I am. And when you get bored or annoyed, you write terse sentences like "lol" or "nope" in lower case and with no full stop. You probably copied this from Fabio, who does it much more consistently and naturally than you do. It is awkward with you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been doing that on and off since I first started posting here. I haven't copied anyone. And it's more a matter of... tired... or that I don't have much to say. If I'm bored I'll probably post more or not at all. If I'm annoyed I'll posted something sarcastic or critical.
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Joy has a LOL-rating of 1 LOL every 10.3 posts...FDG 1 every 13.7 posts, Ezra 1 every 32.0 posts.

Also, although discojoe has a LOL-count of 315 (or 1 in every 13.1 posts), his score would actually be 344, if you include conglomerative LOLs such as 'LOLS' and 'Reuben McLOL' etc.

I REST MY CASE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Joy has a LOL-rating of 1 LOL every 10.3 posts...FDG 1 every 13.7 posts, Ezra 1 every 32.0 posts.

Also, although discojoe has a LOL-count of 315 (or 1 in every 13.1 posts), his score would actually be 344, if you include conglomerative LOLs such as 'LOLS' and 'Reuben McLOL' etc.

I REST MY CASE.
    LOL.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    SEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12