Quote Originally Posted by josephnoko
For now, damn the theorists, what does your experience and your intuition tell you? Has anyone ever watched "A Beautiful Mind"? What do you think Alicia Nash's personality type is, at least as depicted in the film? Hoa about Dons Vito and Michael Corleone from the "Godfather"?

Supposing I want the kind of relationship Nash had with his wife...( I am an INTJ).

In my opinion John Nash is probably an INFJ, Alicia maybe an ENTP, she was for example a gifted mathematician herself. Most people would probably type John Nash as an INTJ. The truth may never be known.

Why is Alicia Nash, his longsuffering wife, reduced to a caricature fantasy woman. I respect Jennifer Connelly as an actress. She was sensational in last year's Requiem for a Dream but in this motion picture she has zero to work with. The real Alicia Nash is no doubt an interesting woman but as presented here she's a perfect 1950s clone. She's smart enough to be at MIT in the 50s but perfectly content to paint watercolors, fix her husbands ties, and act as an otherwise indistinguishable trophy at parties. Her other character traits: Hmmm, well she wears tight clothes, never gains a pound even during pregnancy or after giving birth, initiates lovemaking. And is unendingly faithful to her husband despite his illness and impotency. Loyalty is a admirable character trait but it is the only dimension that this woman had. I found her portrayal to be retro 50s longing at best and dangerous gender propaganda at worst.
http://www.thefilmexperience.net/Reviews/iris.html

The real story was apparently quite a lot different from the movie version, and though Jennifer Connelly is quite a hottie, that is not related to her personality type. Generally women with ethical types tend to, in my opinion, appear better looking largely because they are on average more interested in pleasing men and taking care of their appearance, but of course it is just a very rough trend.

Generally INTJs seem to be quite satisfied with their dual ESFJ, but love moves in mysterious ways...

I have both read the book and seen the Godfather movies, but it was many years ago before I knew about socionics. It is probably better not to make wild guesses - but of course if you have an opinion, I am all ears.

My argument for typing John Nash as an INFJ is here:
oldforumlinkviewtopic-144.html
scroll down till you see his picture for the second time.