Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duality makes life easier

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    There are quite a few posts on this forum showing INFp appreciating ESTp... I haven't noticed any for INFj appreciating ESTj, though that doesn't mean that there aren't any.
    I edited my original response.

In theory, if IEI/SLE is to work, emotional maturity and stability would be key since this particular intertype relationship could easily become quite abusive if the INFp doesn't have a strong sense of self, is easily intimidated or feels inferior, or doesn't establish clear boundaries with the SLE consistently.
    EII

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by parcel View Post
    In theory, if IEI/SLE is to work, emotional maturity and stability would be key since this particular intertype relationship could easily become quite abusive if the INFp doesn't have a strong sense of self, is easily intimidated or feels inferior, or doesn't establish clear boundaries with the SLE consistently.
    I completely agree with this. I'm quite certain I wouldn't have ended up with an SLE for a couple of reasons. They tend to settle down later in life. They tend to give off this vibe of not being able to be trusted. They're exciting but not particularly stable. They can be rough around the edges (which now I find endearing but when I was much younger that might not have gone over so well) when it comes to relationships. I dunno. It's so sad...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usual Joy's thread that adds nothing conceptually substantial.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    There are quite a few posts on this forum showing INFp appreciating ESTp... I haven't noticed any for INFj appreciating ESTj, though that doesn't mean that there aren't any.
    Maybe Fi dominants are not that much into "appreciation threads" ? Our (few) LSEs know what we think about them :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron
    I completely agree with this. I'm quite certain I wouldn't have ended up with an SLE for a couple of reasons. They tend to settle down later in life. They tend to give off this vibe of not being able to be trusted. They're exciting but not particularly stable. They can be rough around the edges (which now I find endearing but when I was much younger that might not have gone over so well) when it comes to relationships. I dunno. It's so sad...
    I know at least 2 SLEs who are dependable, loyal, serious about commitments, stable, etc etc, even in their younger years (lets say around 24-25, which is the average age for settling down).
    It depends on the family background I suppose. Don't think it's so type-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcel
    It seems more likely that an NF will appreciate NFs more.
    Was true for me, or at least, intuitive types.
    But recently I have ventured outside my den, and found out that it was just laziness on my part.
    However, from my experience, dual relationships are not easy to start at all.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband and I don't have any problems in our relationship and don't take each other for granted. Anyway, not true for all dual couples.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well recently I started a thread trying to get out of having to be with my dual, as semi-dual seemed more interesting. But I have had the opportunity to get to know my dual a lot better and it is now very difficult for me to conceive feeling more comfortable in a relationship than that (assuming compatibility is present in other areas!).
    So duals would be SLE & LSE, but based on socionic descriptions I don't see NFs fitting with either in terms of type compatibility, not personally.
    I know, and this is why just going off of Socionics descriptions would rarely lead one to their dual. SLEs and LSEs both seem too domineering, hard, unintuitive and personally inflexible if one goes off of descriptions.

It seems more likely that an NF will appreciate NFs more. INFP/ESTJ - now that sounds like a strict/abusive parent-child relationship right there.
    I know a lot of other NFs say that but I don't think I'd want to be with another NF and I'm not drawn to them.

As for the parent-child interaction, I don't feel parented by LSEs. And it doesn't seem to me that IEIs react to them like dominated children either.

I haven't noticed any for INFj appreciating ESTj, though that doesn't mean that there aren't any.
    Well posts about it are all around Delta forum, but perhaps not as an actual thread. Hmm, an oversight!
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    I haven't noticed any for INFj appreciating ESTj, though that doesn't mean that there aren't any.
    Well posts about it are all around Delta forum, but perhaps not as an actual thread. Hmm, an oversight!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danielle:
    As for the parent-child interaction, I don't feel parented by LSEs. And it doesn't seem to me that IEIs react to them like dominated children either.

Maybe the description of IEI/LSE as an abusive parent-child relationship is a bit extreme, but they are "conflicting" relations. LSE's inflexible thinking, can make it difficult to see that kind of relationship working in the long term. With LSEs, there's always the feeling that you must prove something, that you're not measuring up.
    Last edited by parcel; 09-01-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    EII

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On IEIs -

I tend to not bother (with) them.
    Why bother trying to influence or change someone who is totally unlike me and we're doing very different things?

Only if they are directly related to something I really care about or am particularly responsible for.

TBH, most IEIs seem to think i'm fairly chill. And honestly, most IEIs seem to be fairly sane people who are somewhat sensitive and reserved. They have some qualities I'm drawn to - being ethically focused, reserved, considerate. I realize that, generally speaking, we just don't gel when it comes to close psychological interaction. There is one IEI that I would consider dating, actually (we have similar thoughts about culture, society, and spirituality, and is very calm). But the rest, I get along with them but just realize there is a certain limit to things.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP, I love your avatar.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And whereas that sort of action would possibly result in no more friendship/relationship with some other type, with your dual it gives him a chance to realize that he screwed up and win you back. When he does this, it will make him feel successful rather than controlled or manipulated, as it might another type. And he will actually have succeeded in convincing you that he deserves another chance, via some movie-of-the-week-style display of extravagant Fe which you didn't think he was capable of, but he is, only under your influence (so you'll be happy too). Yay duality perfect relationship happy happy happy happy .

Or maybe you just don't like him for non-socionics reasons. Or maybe he just sucks.

TBH, most IEIs seem to think i'm fairly chill.
    I agree, for what it's worth.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, duality only works properly when both people are focusing on their ego block.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Also, duality only works properly when both people are focusing on their ego block.
    IQs must be close too
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! And their must be a physical attraction.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and they should speak the same language
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that usually helps.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that usually helps.
    and both must belong to the same species
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?
    SEE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?
    yeah, and if one of them is secretly a werewolf, the other must be another

or, if one of them belongs to the X-men (Cyclops), the other must be a mutant too (Storm, I think)
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slater...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jean Grey
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you also have to have fairly similar, or at least compatible views, on The Big Issues, too. I don't think a strongly religious Republican would be happy with me regardless of type.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I think you also have to have fairly similar, or at least compatible views, on The Big Issues, too. I don't think a strongly religious Republican would be happy with me regardless of type.
    Communist! Hippie! Junkie!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not a junkie!
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    IQs must be close too
    No, my greatest duality experience was with a really dumb SEE.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in simple words, you have to be yourself...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only the minimum physical attraction is required.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    and they should speak the same language
    no I dated an italian SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

untrue.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    untrue.
    I've seen marriages break up over religion and politics. More often, I've seen relationships not get that far over religion and politics. I know I could not have married my husband if we'd disagreed about those issues. I dated a guy in college who told me he would never marry me because of my lack of religion. It kind of killed the mood, but it was true. I wouldn't have married him either, though I knew better than to say it out loud like that. Anyway, I say, "Yes it is true."
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen marriages break up over religion and politics. More often, I've seen relationships not get that far over religion and politics. I know I could not have married my husband if we'd disagreed about those issues. I dated a guy in college who told me he would never marry me because of my lack of religion. It kind of killed the mood, but it was true. I wouldn't have married him either, though I knew better than to say it out loud like that. Anyway, I say, "Yes it is true."

<3333
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG it was even worse than that. He told me because of his religion, he couldn't marry me partly because I wasn't a virgin, but I wasn't a virgin partly because of him. And any religion that lets a guy mess around with heathen girls all he wants and still marry, but makes the girls remain virgins or never marry is just evil. Certainly not a religion I'd convert to for him. Or anyone.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry - that got way off topic.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all good.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no I dated an italian
    That's why the experience was wonderful, nothing to do with duality, of course. *bats eyes(?)*

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oke. So it seems I'm an exception. I've never had those issues with anyone, and nobody with me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your views aren't that strong. Maybe their weren't either.

I know I could never, ever be with a Socialist. I don't really care about people's religious beliefs as long as they don't try to impose them on me. Or our kids.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG it was even worse than that. He told me because of his religion, he couldn't marry me partly because I wasn't a virgin, but I wasn't a virgin partly because of him. And any religion that lets a guy mess around with heathen girls all he wants and still marry, but makes the girls remain virgins or never marry is just evil. Certainly not a religion I'd convert to for him. Or anyone.
    It seems you've tried to date the pope.

But here I also agree, if your dual is a pope, duality won't work out.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems you've tried to date the pope.

But here I also agree, if your dual is a pope, duality won't work out.
    LOL. Not Catholic.
    -Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast