Thread: Discussion of Gulenko's Cognitive Styles

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I was working on an improved translation a while ago, but it's a bloody long article. Should I post what I have?
    that would be great....post what you have and add when you can?

i like smilingeye's comments, but it would be cool to just have it in english and make my own interpretation.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.4. Physical level.
    The arrangement of collocutors plays large role in the communication on the contrary or next. To the significance in the contact of this factor, as the three-dimensional arrangement of [kommunikantov] indicated already Sullivan. Presence opposite the partner in the communication gives advantage to [negativistam]. Positivists better associate, being located by a number or at angle to the collocutor - in such a way that their views would be directed to one side.
    A involuntary decrease in confrontation level because of the juxtaposition - the usual method, which use the psychologists in the work with the conjugal pairs experiencing problems. Sitting next and being alternately turned only to the imaginary third collocutor, husbands gradually decrease the sharpness of the sore conflict.
    Practical psychologists, who study nonverbal signals, separate the entire class of the gestures of critical relation to the collocutor. For example, hand in mouth. Such gestures treat usually as closed. From the point of view of [sotsioniki], this is explained faster not by intro-version, but by negativism.
    Negativism it implies the perceptible solid tension. If we draw for the comparison this pair of oppositions as charging/discharging, then for [negativistov] the first pole is the automatically started process. The negatively charged types easily overswing (especially, if they still and the dynamics). Therefore for purposes of the compensation to [negativistam] physical exercises to the weakening, the smoothing of internal potential are recommended. A to the positivists it is better to carry out the complex of physical exercises for the purpose to be excited, to aggravate its physiological processes.

Is this basically saying negatavist types should exercise to tired themselves out to smooth out their responses, relax them? To stop "overswing" and lession the "percetible solid tension" they give off?
    And that positivists should exercise to excite themselves?
    The translation is hard to understand.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jxrtes and I have been working on an improved translation. Here's what we have for that section:

2.4. Physical level.

The way collocutors are arranged -- either opposite each other or next to each other -- plays an important role in communication. The importance in communication of such factors as the spatial arrangement of the communicators was explained by Sullivan. Being opposite the partner in communication is advantageous to negativists. Positivists communicate better when located beside or at an angle to the collocutor - in such a way that their gazes are directed off to one side.

An involuntary decrease in the level of confrontation due to being seated side by side is a standard method used by psychologists when working with married couples experiencing problems. By sitting side by side and addressing an imaginary third collocutor, spouses gradually decrease the severity of the conflict.

Practical psychologists, who study nonverbal signals, identify an entire class of gestures demonstrating a critical attitude toward the collocutor. For example, hand at mouth. Such gestures are usually treated as closed. From the socionics point of view, this is better explained not by introversion, but by negativism.

Negativism brings with it palpable bodily tension. If we depict (for comparison) this pair of opposites as charging/discharging, then for negativists the first dichotomy is an automatically started process. Negatively charged types are easily over-excited (especially if they are also dynamics). Therefore, to compensate for negativism, physical exercises are recommended for relaxation, smoothening the internal capacity. But for positivists it is better to perform a system of physical exercises to excite and aggravate their physiological processes.

Negativists tend to be quite tense, and should practice relaxation exercises. Positivists, on the other hand, are recommended to exercise to "wake themselves up", as it were.
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton2 View Post
    I've been sporadically editing/formatting parts of it as I read, using Google Translate and regexps to get a better readout. The article is quite fascinating and among one of the most useful Socionics things I've read to date.

Here's what I have so far: http://forum.socionix.com/topic/3855...nitive-styles/
    Thanks, Ashton. I've been wishing someone would take this on.

I wish I had more background on how Gulenko initially observed these different approaches to thinking, etc.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been sporadically editing/formatting parts of it as I read, using Google Translate and regexps to get a better readout. The article is quite fascinating and among one of the most useful Socionics things I've read to date.

Here's what I have so far: http://forum.socionix.com/topic/3855...nitive-styles/

It's such a long article though, it'd take forever to do it all.
    Do you want to join forces? I've got significant portions of the article translated. I was working with jxrtes, but I think we've both allowed the task to fall into the limbo of procrastination...
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So this is this vortex ananke was speaking of.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, be glad to.
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about it. I could just send you what I have, but that would be difficult to manage as we both continued to work. What if I post a new thread here with what I have translated so far, and then you and whoever else can post your improved translations in the thread and I'll edit the OP to include them?

Alternatively, we could just use Wikisocion.
    Quaero Veritas.