Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
Well, this cognition seems to have a willingness of being interested to this kind of stuff more since they prefer to understand the mechanism of process according to the available possibilities, this is something that Casual thinker severely lacks since they really don't prefer to complicate an already complicated perception according to them, and since Dialectical thinker is a negativist, they are prone to doubt these interpretations and therefore trying to understand these styles as they have a tendency to have these styles to be more "transparent" or in other words, fleshed out from its current raw and generalized concept, the one which made by Gulenko. Also, I'm not quite sure about what you really mean by 'impressionable in some ways here', but I think that they are mostly drawn by correlations and examples at most.
Okay, yeah, that's how I understand the main theory behind DA then.
Regarding 'impressionability', I think I'm sort of paraphrasing something Gulenko said about DA-style being impressionable (as in, kind of malleable), but that might have just been in reference to EIEs specifically.

EDIT: Okay, it was this section in particular, from Gulenko's Cognitive Styles:

The EIE Sociotype has a very suitable psyche for suggestive influence. It is characterized by so-called moments of imprint vulnerability. In these moments an intense suggestion is triggered and imprint the prerequisites of which are a state of extreme fear, confusion, or surprise...Exploiting this paradoxical nature of Dialectical types, shock therapy is capable of completely reprogramming their conception of reality, including core value judgments.
Basically, that EIEs in particular are more susceptible to their perceptions being radically altered in specific high-stress/intensity circumstances. So I was close to the mark in a way, though I guess who knows how true this is relative to other types.