Thread: Discussion of Gulenko's Cognitive Styles

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part I was specifically taking issue with was with attributing summing-up with HP as that better fits positivism. As in I think this example should be flipped:
    Quote Originally Posted by wasp
    LII: *reads long article written by LSI* [summarizes in 2 sentences]
    By following the reasoning CD can converge the various angles in HP to a singular conclusion like VS can, but with a different method. VS takes the gestalt, and CD uses deduction to arrive there.

But yes, I agree the bull and simplified model is a good representation of HP. Explaining that model to others though is where they can get wordy.
    Last edited by squark; 10-17-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The part I was specifically taking issue with was with attributing summing-up with HP as that better fits positivism. As in I think this example should be flipped:

By following the reasoning CD can converge the various angles in HP to a singular conclusion like VS can, but with a different method. VS takes the gestalt, and CD uses deduction to arrive there.

But yes, I agree the bull and simplified model is a good representation of HP. Explaining that model to others though is where they can get wordy.
    ohhh

okay that makes sense. I think that was around the section where I saw math and my brain temporarily shut down out of fear

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @wasp, sorry I take that back lol. It doesn't show the different perspectives that the holographic type is looking at things from which is an important part of their cognition. There should be a view of the bull from various different angles, superimposed on top of each other to be a more accurate representation. (The or-or, either-or, one hand and the other hand quality they have)
    fSDHFGDSJFDShfgdhfdsh

But I think that might be a solid depiction of what it'd look like pre-superimposition. The general idea ("framework") prior to being fleshed out.

Because I feel like the only way Picasso could've drawn the bull from various different angles would've been with the use of a tangible 3D form.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    ohhh

okay that makes sense. I think that was around the section where I saw math and my brain temporarily shut down out of fear

fSDHFGDSJFDShfgdhfdsh

But I think that might be a solid depiction of what it'd look like pre-superimposition. The general idea ("framework") prior to being fleshed out.

Because I feel like the only way Picasso could've drawn the bull from various different angles would've been with the use of a tangible 3D form.
    Here's a socionics example of this (but anndelise's pictures aren't showing up for me anymore, only hotelambush's are. both of them fit the HP style though imo) http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...e-Model-A-Cube

It's a simplified visual representation of all the relations and interactions at once.