Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEI/ISFp Subtypes Discussion

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI/ISFp Subtypes Discussion

So could a male ISFp Si subtype who works hard at hiding his emotions and refuses to talk about them actually come across more as an ISTp? And would this carry over in his relations also?

I have a lookalike friendship that's beginning to feel an awful lot like super ego around here lately......or maybe it's just my perception, I dunno.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ISFp-Si subtype

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    So could a male ISFp Si subtype who works hard at hiding his emotions and refuses to talk about them actually come across more as an ISTp? And would this carry over in his relations also?

I have a lookalike friendship that's beginning to feel an awful lot like super ego around here lately......or maybe it's just my perception, I dunno.
    Probably. I don't like to impose my bad moods on others. So I either withdraw, act silly, or (most often) use "thinking" as a defense - acting cool and striving for logic, to restore some clarity and peaceful order within myself, my environment and for others' sake. Communicating how I feel is rather difficult for me. There can be so much going on inside that it's hard to put it all neatly into words, in a way that others are willing to validate. And expressing negative feelings usually drags me down further anyway rather than fixing the problem(s) inciting them.

Hope this helps you understand your friend.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    Probably. I don't like to impose my bad moods on others. So I either withdraw, act silly, or (most often) use "thinking" as a defense - acting cool and striving for logic, to restore some clarity and peaceful order within myself, my environment and for others' sake. Communicating how I feel is rather difficult for me. There can be so much going on inside that it's hard to put it all neatly into words, in a way that others are willing to validate. And expressing negative feelings usually drags me down further anyway rather than fixing the problem(s) inciting them.

Lol. That's a first. I mark this post as Constructive thinking gee, I can relate - only to find I wrote it years ago. Limh.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ISFp-Si subtype

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron

yup. he will either withdraw and become really quiet or get very matter-of-fact about everything. It's fine, I'm learning not to take it personally. My dad is the same way so I should be used to it! I guess that doesn't necessarily mean he's acting like an ISTp, just that he's uncomfortable with negative emotions, which makes sense for ISFp since they are so much about feeling comfortable.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI-Fe

Will you guys talk about this type, explain its motivations, maybe give some real life examples (celebrities or descriptions of people you know of this type)? I think someone I know is this type based on the articles, but they may be ESE, and so I am still unsure. Thanks for any help!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really tired, but this is the domain written by SEI people about themselves, just skim through it, I put a ton of my thoughts into it.

This are the best:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEI_domain
    Just check around a little.

And ask anything, we have tons of SEI here.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I'm really tired, but this is the domain written by SEI people about themselves, just skim through it, I put a ton of my thoughts into it.

This are the best:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEI_domain
    Just check around a little.

And ask anything, we have tons of SEI here.

Great! Thank you : )
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all the SEI's here all SEI-Fe.

And we seek randomness something fierce.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-bg

for the record (and please don't take offense Kam ) the SEI domain on wikisocion makes me really uncomfortable and doesn't represent this SEI at all.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFp/SEI subtypes

Does anyone know anything about Sei subtypes? You seem to hear a lot about Fe but not much about Si.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si subtypes waddle like ducks.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellent! i was thinking that that might be my subtype

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously though - does anyone know anything about the Si subtype??

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was typed Si subtype. Not really hard though, just like everbody else, really.
    They are the type of people who really avoid painful situation, just like everybody else. And they dont care about people, they only care about having fun. They are manipulative, just like everybody else, because their just want to feel more cool, look more cool, smell more cool and over. Oh, and they hate SEI Fe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*waddle waddle*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to recognize ISFp Si subtype

How would these lil dudes act?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[video=youtube;ggOdTarlYWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXNgUEf86g"]YouTube - ‪Flight of the Conchords (Interview with Bret Mckenzie)‬‏[/url][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggOdTarlYWY[/video]

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ that ^^

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, I think this one is spot-on. I used to incline towards a laid back ILE but I think SEI kinda makes complete sense. I guess that's also Ashton's typing on him, right?
    (I'm talking about SEI, not "SEI-Si")
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Interesting, I think this one is spot-on. I used to incline towards a laid back ILE but I think SEI kinda makes complete sense. I guess that's also Ashton's typing on him, right?
    (I'm talking about SEI, not "SEI-Si")
    Actually that was shindaiwa21's initially. He fucking loves the guy, lol.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    I mean Si, sorry.
    fixed the title for you

back to topic...

I think, if subtypes are real, Johnny Depp could be an SEI-Si, he's less overtly Fe and could be mistaken for an SLI because of that
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    fixed the title for you

back to topic...

I think, if subtypes are real, Johnny Depp could be an SEI-Si, he's less overtly Fe and could be mistaken for an SLI because of that
    I don't really think Depp is an ISFp. He seems rather intensed as compared to ISFps.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does one think of Depp as Fe, that's weird. Not gonna post an interview because this thread's about Si-ISFp dudes, but just watch interviews of him he oozes Fi. Compare to other Gamma SFs like Guy Pearce or Bob Dylan, then contrast them with the Si/Fe fiends I just posted.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    How would these lil dudes act?
    Lisa Mitchell seems like harmonizing ISFp. Somebody mentioned her before in some thread.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes my dad is ISFp-Fe. What do you want to know? He's great!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know two really well, I'm pretty certain I knew one about a year or two ago. This whole post is definitely going to be skewed toward the college/party scene though, so I don't know if anyone will find anything of value in it.

First off is probably my closest friend. I actually was thinking ESE for him for quite a while but based on intertype relations its pretty clear to me that EII is his benefactor and LSE is his supervisor. Basically, he's the most social, fun loving guy I know. Everywhere we go half the room knows him and he stops to talk to them or they come over to talk to him. If there's a party in town he knows about it and he's invited (well, at least before he lost his phone haha, but that story is coming shortly). He definitely helps me feel more comfortable in situations where I normally wouldn't be, like some of the parties we go to where I don't know very many people. Beyond that we just tend to laugh a lot (doesn't matter where/what we're doing, that's the primary goal and best way to describe what we're doing), play a lot of tennis (like 3 hours every other day), and smoke a fair amount of weed (frequently combined with tennis -- I think insanely active stoners is a phenomenon not very common outside of CO and maybe CA).

That said, he's always getting in trouble with the law, then again the only difference between us is I'm better at not getting caught haha. Anyway he got a felony in HS for dealing weed in the most retarded location possible, although its pretty strange regardless since we're basically in the weed capital of the US, but anyway he managed to get that off his record since he was a minor. He's still been able to rack up a laundry list of misdemeanors since then though, despite the fact anyone would tell you he's one of the nicest guys they've ever met.

Right now he's getting charged with another felony because he's just so fucking stupid haha. See, he was completely wasted and doing the reasonable thing by longboarding home instead of driving like the rest of us delinquents. Problem with that is he reacts terribly to bad situations and somehow he managed to completely lose his longboard and phone (with about 1000 #s in it and no back-up). Somehow in his drunken state apparently it seemed like a good idea to go completely ballistic on a truck parked nearby. Long story short the lady freaks out, calls the cops, and he managed to do over a grand in damage to it which automatically equals a felony. That said I doubt anything is going to come of it because the next day he went and saw the lady and apologized, got her in his camp. Personally I thought it would've ended there because the whole thing should've rested on her pressing charges. I'm not actually sure what's happening at this point though because this whole thing just went down Thursday I think.

The other SEI-Fe I currently know is my maybe girlfriend maybe FWB. She also has some problems right now, related but different. Basically she's a little ball of energy, very, very much a party girl. She's more in the background in any situation than my first friend though, but it's still the same story in that laughter tends to follow her around.

She's more of an enigma to me too. I never exactly know what she's thinking whereas with my first friend he tends to make his thoughts and feelings clear. When I tried to figure out where exactly I stood with her and how serious we are she got evasive and said something like "we're young, let's just have fun and not be too serious," which maybe was a test I failed, I don't know. See she says that, but I'm fairly certain she's not seeing other guys as I tend to have a lot of friends at any party she's at, and they'd definitely let me know if she's wandering off with random guys. Despite being a party girl and a frequent drug user she's not the super promiscuous type, oddly enough. I maybe reacted badly to that by having fun with other girls though haha; I mean, that's how I understood her statement.

Dunno, maybe I'm not treating her well enough. The nice thing about us though is she's the one person I know that if I just call her and I just have to go see some friends in Cali or I have to go visit some kids I grew up with that live in Seattle now, and I ask her to come, she'll say OK and figure out the rest later. Her current problem though seems to be an ever increasing snow habit. She got introduced to the stuff after we met (not from me, I mean I've used but only a few times). I wasn't too concerned at first because I mean the occasional unadulterated blow isn't that terrible for you, but it gets pretty scary when you get to full blown addiction. I mean, she's still a ways off from that but the intervals between seem to be getting smaller. I've tried talking to her about it and I'm going to try harder but its difficult because there's a line I know I can't cross that would put me into the realm of being controlling, and neither of us wants that.

Moving on, time for the only one I'm sure about, as my friend possibly could be ESE and the GF could possibly be Si. This one was a girl I got pretty close to in a geography class I think was about a year ago. We surely never would've noticed each other but one of the first things we did in the class were these group projects with four people per group. Obviously we ended up in the same group and from that point on we were inseparable in that class and quite frequently seeing each other outside it. Before and after class she'd always find time to stop and talk to everyone she knew and in class there'd always be a bubble of laughter around us, which probably was actually quite disruptive haha.

Of course, as often is the case, my retarded oblivion ended up ruining it. See, I'm fairly sure she never knew that I had been told she had a boyfriend she was living with. Now I mean hint #1 should've been that she never mentioned the boyfriend to me, hint #2 should've been how completely obvious it was to everyone in the world but me (damn them for not telling me. What is up with assholes and their assuming I'm not stupid), hint #3 should've been when she made her final attempt and practically threw herself at me. I must've confused the shit out of her, she probably just decided I was gay in the end, or that I wasn't physically attracted to her (I really hope the former). I mean, when we'd get to talking the world and everyone around us would just disappear for periods of time. It definitely was obvious that I enjoyed her company, but for some reason in my mind it was just "hey she's living with a dude she must be happy" and I never gave it more thought than that. Although I still have no idea where she would've lived if she started seeing me haha. Probably anything would've been better than staying with a guy I now know for a fact she had started to hate though.

Anyway, I knew she wasn't doing too well in that class, Geography is a pretty aggravating subject. I actually think the only reason she was still going towards the end was to see me (maybe I'm just being conceited now), but the day after she practically did everything but say to me "Hey I like you and I think you like me so we should go out or something" (that would've actually managed to get through my stupidity!) she withdrew from the class and stopped taking my calls. See, I was still saying the wrong things. I didn't realize what had actually happened until about 6 months later when I was just randomly like OHHH I AM RETARDED, and I did try calling her immediately right then, but the # had been disconnected.

It sucks too because I was going to get a tattoo. Weird thing to randomly throw out there, I know, and it definitely wasn't the point I was most disappointed about, but, you see, I've always wanted to get at least one tattoo. The problem is I am far too indecisive to pick one myself. A few days before that we had been talking about it, because, see, she worked as a tattoo artist, and I had agreed to let her give me a tattoo without me knowing what it would be. She guaranteed I'd like it and I definitely believed her and was pretty excited about it. For me the not knowing and the trust involved just made it better. Unfortunately my skin remains unmarked to this day. I guess it is remotely possible I saved myself from getting a tattoo of a dick like straight out of those Superbad drawings though

Anyway, I figured this might be a different perspective about (hopefully) the same type (unless I've completely failed in my typings) although I realize I've injected myself into the stories a bit too much maybe. I'm not really sure how to describe them in very much detail without talking about how they interact with me though. I do have a larger list of Si subs I know too, BTW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that was a long post. just wow

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....and what type are you, o long-winded-one?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA--that's true about the eyes glowing thing. My dad's eyes seriously light up whenever people talk about random interesting things. He gets excited about nearly everything. It's refreshing to feel his genuine enthusiasm. His eyes get big and the edges of his mouth turn up and his attention is riveted. It's pretty cute. My SEI-Si friend isn't quite that enthusiastic. He'll smile but it's not the same nearly-jumping-out-his-seat-excitement that my dad shows.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that explains my attraction to women whose eyes light up.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    Well that explains my attraction to women whose eyes light up.
    yeah they're lovin' that
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general I like Si-ISFps. Fe-ISFps have a tendency to annoy me.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    She's quiet but extroverted. Don't know if that makes sense.
    It does, because there's a difference between 'psychological extroversion' (Carl Jung) and 'social extroversion' (Hans Eysenck), although the two concepts probably overlap somewhat.

Apart from that, you've given a pretty accurate description of the relationship between me and my girl friend. They only thing I might add, is that sometimes I get tired of two things: her constantly asking questions of what I consider to be of a nature, and her attempts to influence my emotional state using . This forces me sometimes to establish clear boundaries
    Last edited by consentingadult; 07-12-2008 at 12:54 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si-SEIs

Couldn't find a thread about them..

Lisa Mitchell..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the different subtypes for SEI?
    *insert witty comment here*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feist
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Feist is a logical type... but probably Alpha yea..

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabelie View Post
    What are the different subtypes for SEI?
    SEI-Si and SEI-Fe

SEI-Si I would suggest the OP for sure Maybe Mune too.

SEI-Fe are more along the lines of Kam and I.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    SEI-Si and SEI-Fe

SEI-Si I would suggest the OP for sure Maybe Mune too.

SEI-Fe are more along the lines of Kam and I.
    So SEI-Si is the Introverted Sensing subtype, and SEI-Fe is the Extroverted Ethical Subtype. If that's the case, them I'm pretty sure my subtype is Fe.
    *insert witty comment here*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast