Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Satanism and IEIs/INFps

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well lrrh, the Bible identifies what sins are. i try to identify my own, not those of others.

but what you are describing probably most would consider sinning. seems like everybody is sinning in the scenario you mention.

you are right that the spiritual way does not always seem as though it will be personally beneficial. this is why it's so hard to do. as we grow older we get more skilled at figuring out how to do things so everybody wins, without sinning. this is what i've been trying for anyway.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so the guy is sinning by going out with two different women who already have boyfriends. but, he hasn't pledged anything to them. so, would you say that he's cheating on them?
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are obvious sins. these are the ones that infringe on people's freedom. but is it okay to call something a sin if it's only hurting somebody else's feelings? i mean, you can't live a life without hurting someone else's feelings. i don't think one would be sinning if they had sexual relations with someone other than their mate. it would hurt that person but the only breach here would be their word. nothing more. then again, if you're married and you commit adultery, than yes, that's a sin because you have a broken your promise to God or to state law or whatever.

but, if most sins are decided by an unwritten rule decided by a majority, then i don't think you can call those sins. if they don't infringe on another's freedom, it can't be a sin. it can be morally questionable, but that's about it. we are human beings not idealistic angels. even the God of the Old Testament sins. in fact, He seems to be above sinning, above the Law. He encourages Jacob to lie and rewards him. He "tests" Job the same way an entomologist would do to an ant. He slays the populations of Sodom and Gomorrah for their iniquity.

so, i ask you why can't a guy have two "sinning" girls at once?
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    If the man married both women, then everything would be O.K.
    maybe.

IEI - the nasty kind...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last I knew it was illegal to be gay in the state of Alabama. It's possible they have revised their law books however. I found this laughable.

I don't really think of things in terms of "sins" I suppose... but if I do something I feel is wrong I'll feel very bad about it later, so I try not to do that. Er...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so the guy is sinning by going out with two different women who already have boyfriends. but, he hasn't pledged anything to them. so, would you say that he's cheating on them?
    he might not be cheating on them since he hasn't made any agreements with them and nobody is married. but the Bible would say that unmarried sex is fornication....

so i guess we're all sinning lol

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by little red riding hood
    there are obvious sins. these are the ones that infringe on people's freedom. but is it okay to call something a sin if it's only hurting somebody else's feelings? i mean, you can't live a life without hurting someone else's feelings. i don't think one would be sinning if they had sexual relations with someone other than their mate. it would hurt that person but the only breach here would be their word. nothing more. then again, if you're married and you commit adultery, than yes, that's a sin because you have a broken your promise to God or to state law or whatever.

but, if most sins are decided by an unwritten rule decided by a majority, then i don't think you can call those sins. if they don't infringe on another's freedom, it can't be a sin. it can be morally questionable, but that's about it. we are human beings not idealistic angels. even the God of the Old Testament sins. in fact, He seems to be above sinning, above the Law. He encourages Jacob to lie and rewards him. He "tests" Job the same way an entomologist would do to an ant. He slays the populations of Sodom and Gomorrah for their iniquity.

so, i ask you why can't a guy have two "sinning" girls at once?
    this is very Ti-style moral reasoning. and i say this as a Ti-style reasoner myself. hahaha

if you have an agreement of sexual fidelity and break it then you are sinning. because you aren't keeping an agreement you made and standing by the reasons behind it.

i don't know, the word sin is kinda like the word evil, it's incendiary or something. but the truth is we all sin and given the right set of conditions, the right toxic mix, we all have the potential to commit evil acts. soooo there but for the grace of God go i....

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote in this thread goes to Blaze but I am subjective and biased

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx XoX, i think i might have needed that :wink: