Thread: Gammas working to seem normal and acceptable

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I think theres truth to it. Thegrain of society tends to run on the gamma wavelength.

In relation to society:
    Alpha: Disjuct and Parallel - Creators
    Beta: Conjuct and Perpendicular - Rebels
    Gamma: Conjuct and Parallel - Businessmen
    Delta: Disjunct and Perpendicular - Farmers

At least in america, Society favors the aspects of Gamma in spirit. Productivity, Will to suceed, Sensing opportunity, and being morally fixed.
    I like a good 2x2 dichotomy. Could you define "conjunct"/"disjunct"? (Also unpack a bit why Delta&Beta is perpendicular to society while Alpha&Gamma is parallel).
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this few-years-old discussion about smilingeyes' theories on quadra values very interesting. It makes a lot of sense to me and I am wondering what type smilingeyes is, who does not seem to post here now?

____

I really like his explaining of this. I found this in another of his older posts, an insightful comment concernign mirrors. Because my INFj friend does seek advice from me from time to time. And I always respect that she takes a completely different approach to things than I do which is why I don't offer advice unless she asks Well, when I can help it! ).:

...The second opinion.
    Your mirror is the second opinion. You are the expert on your personal life, making your own observations and choices. If you ever waver and want to ask for advice from anyone, it should never be someone from another quadra, and neither should it be your dual or activity partner, because they don't give advice, they give support. If you just want an ego boost, ask an identical, because they will likely echo your opinion. But if you want to really make sure, that you're right, ask a mirror. If it happens that they are of the same opinion, you're likely both correct, because they arrive to the same conclusion despite a completely different point of view. But make sure it's a mirror with no conflicting personal interests on your issue.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 01-05-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I find this few-years-old discussion about smilingeyes' theories on quadra values very interesting. It makes a lot of sense to me and I am wondering what type smilingeyes is, who does not seem to post here now?
    I really like their posts too. I've gone through some of the stuff they've written and I'm pretty sure they self-type as LSE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I like a good 2x2 dichotomy. Could you define "conjunct"/"disjunct"? (Also unpack a bit why Delta&Beta is perpendicular to society while Alpha&Gamma is parallel).
    Conjuct as in joined together. I picture it as a graph. The horizontal axis is society, the baseline and standard for conduct and direction. Peer pressure incarnate. Conjuct crosses or rides along with the wave of society, that horizontal axis.
    Disjunct does not cross that x axis. Being Judicious puts them at odds with the rat race, and those with the passion to change the system.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Conjuct as in joined together. I picture it as a graph. The horizontal axis is society, the baseline and standard for conduct and direction. Peer pressure incarnate. Conjuct crosses or rides along with the wave of society, that horizontal axis.
    Disjunct does not cross that x axis. Being Judicious puts them at odds with the rat race, and those with the passion to change the system.
    Interesting - that's how I had interpreted "parallel/perpendicular" i.e. parallel means "going along with the changes in in society, peer pressure, the direction things are hading" and perpendicular means "going against that". But your saying that's actually conjunct and disjunct respectively?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I want to change society. Pretty sure I want to fit in, but I also want to change society. That is probably only true for me though, and not the others necessarily. I pick Gamma, because it is where I fit in.

I'm sure others also want to change the world. Question is whether they do or not.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see Gammas are less suit-ish and stern than people make them out to be. It might be stacking-related. Most of the ENTj's I've seen seem chummy and dorky.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I almost see rigid bureaucratic/formal attitudes as aristocratic.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-07-2015 at 10:41 PM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I almost see rigid bureaucratic/formal attitudes as aristocratic.
    Exactly. See the photo of Lincoln standing up straight? That's what I do.

lincoln_12-04-2012.jpg

Today, I got up a 7:00 in the morning. Why? Because why the heck not?

That is wrong though. I see it as though we follow the rules of society. It is weird, because then again, we make the rules. It ends up we are a very counter culture group.

Well shit. You said seem, and so my mind read maybe yes maybe no. Stop trying to confuse me!

No. Abraham Lincoln was quite strict, I'd say.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-08-2015 at 02:23 AM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, an actual gamma. Well, I'm irrational. To give you an example, I believe in "humanity".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedri...C3.9Cbermensch

So. To explain my views on things, yes. I started out insane. Now I'm sane. Hopefully, I'll achieve the budda state of bhodavista. Can't achieve Budda, for it is a state of beingWow, an actual gamma. Well, I'm irrational. To give you an example, I believe in "humanity".

So. To explain my views on things, yes. I started out insane. Now I'm sane. Hopefully, I'll achieve the budda state of bhodavista. Can't achieve budda, for it is a state of being rational. For this, I am sad. But I have my own role to play in things. See my own insanity?

Now I'm at the point where I don't care if the universe needs to halt for me. The truth will come out, and justice will be served.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-08-2015 at 11:33 PM.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Exactly. See the photo of Lincoln standing up straight? That's what I do.

lincoln_12-04-2012.jpg

Today, I got up a 7:00 in the morning. Why? Because why the heck not?

That is wrong though. I see it as though we follow the rules of society. It is weird, because then again, we make the rules. It ends up we are a very counter culture group.

Well shit. You said seem, and so my mind read maybe yes maybe no. Stop trying to confuse me!

No. Abraham Lincoln was quite strict, I'd say.
    everyone in those days stood straight and most business men/politicians would seem strict. i dont think this has much to do with sociotype.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Wow, an actual gamma. Well, I'm irrational. To give you an example, I believe in "humanity".

So. To explain my views on things, yes. I started out insane. Now I'm sane. Hopefully, I'll achieve the budda state of bhodavista. Can't achieve Budda, for it is a state of beingWow, an actual gamma. Well, I'm irrational. To give you an example, I believe in "humanity".

So. To explain my views on things, yes. I started out insane. Now I'm sane. Hopefully, I'll achieve the budda state of bhodavista. Can't achieve budda, for it is a state of being rational. For this, I am sad. But I have my own role to play in things. See my own insanity?

Now I'm at the point where I don't care if the universe needs to halt for me. The truth will come out, and justice will be served.
    i loved you for just a split second

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I see Gammas are less suit-ish and stern than people make them out to be. It might be stacking-related. Most of the ENTj's I've seen seem chummy and dorky.
    agreed but impersonally we're formal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12