Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quadra Test (for real this time)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The problem here is defining "risk". What seems "risky" to other people doesn't seem risky to me. I'm not a gambler. I just know that if you do your homework and are bold, you will win more times than you lose, which means that you are successful overall. You can't get ahead if you're afraid of failure. I can afford to have this mindset because my cost of living is low. Even in the worst case outcome of whatever venture or project or goal I have going, I could still manage to scrape by for a little while until I turned things around. I don't mind taking that "risk" in order to accomplish my financial objectives, because to me it's not really a risk. Playing Russian Roulette is risky. Having a high cost of living or high consumer debt when you're depending on your job for income is risky. Counting on the government or a company to pay for your retirement is what I would consider truly risky. A lot of people consider those things the safe route though (besides Russian Roulette, of course ).
    I agree.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem here is defining "risk". What seems "risky" to other people doesn't seem risky to me. I'm not a gambler. I just know that if you do your homework and are bold, you will win more times than you lose, which means that you are successful overall. You can't get ahead if you're afraid of failure. ...
    This is true, but that's exactly why it's not really completely type-related. Basically what you're describing is the fact that you're knowledgeable and experienced in certain areas (I assume you're talking about real estate investing and similar kinds of things) that other people aren't knowledgeable and experienced in.

Naturally, someone who has no knowledge or experience (or has only bad experiences from not having the knowledge) will tend to worry more ("What if nobody rents this?" "What if I overpay?" "What if I can't handle it?"), and will see these kinds of transactions as risky.

(I'm not saying the you aren't using Te here....just that I'm not convinced that kind of dealing is restricted to one quadra.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    XoX that might be the most helpful stuff you've ever written in regard to finding your type. You seriously value Fe and you are not concerned about Si.
    Yes.

Beta.
    Just to be a little bitch I wish to point out that you (both) gladly take in evidence that supports your view of me but throw away evidence that goes against it. For example when I read an explanation of Te and said "that's me!" you said "you misinterpreted it, you are not Te". When I read an explanation of some Reining dichotomy e.g. negativist and said "that's me!" you said "you misinterpreted it, you are not negativist". But when I read an explanation putting me to Beta and say "that's me!" you say "this is the most helpful stuff you've ever written in regard to finding your type". So it seems to me that your mind is made up and my words only count when they support what you have already decided. I mean there is a good chance I misinterpreted this test too and applied it to myself in a wrong way. My historical accuracy of interpreting descriptions and applying them to myself is rather weak. Why would my judgment be any more accurate this time?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem here is defining "risk". What seems "risky" to other people doesn't seem risky to me. I'm not a gambler. I just know that if you do your homework and are bold, you will win more times than you lose, which means that you are successful overall. You can't get ahead if you're afraid of failure. I can afford to have this mindset because my cost of living is low. Even in the worst case outcome of whatever venture or project or goal I have going, I could still manage to scrape by for a little while until I turned things around. I don't mind taking that "risk" in order to accomplish my financial objectives, because to me it's not really a risk. Playing Russian Roulette is risky. Having a high cost of living or high consumer debt when you're depending on the income from your job is risky. Counting on the government or a company to pay for your retirement is what I would consider truly risky. A lot of people consider those things the safe route though (besides Russian Roulette, of course ).
    I play Russian Roulette. Quite frequently actually. I've lost a few times.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that explains a lot

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually pretty good at poker. It's because I risk so much shit people don't even think I'm bluffing. In reality, everyone but me is too pussy to blow half your chips in the first round. So I win. But you've got to lose a few times to show that you don't use the same tactic constantly.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking about guns, not cards.

I'm pretty good at card games, though I don't gamble money. We just play with chips. I do well by not thinking about what I've already bet on that round. A bet needs to make sense from that moment forward, regardless of how much you've already put in.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But lol my sister figured out a tell that I didn't realize I was doing. She could tell if I had something good or not because if I did, I'd be glancing at everyone else's chips when deciding how much to wager because trying to figure out how much I could get from them. My strategy in poker is usually to start at pretty small and increase the amount of my wager with each new card because, unlike me, most people are sort of attached to the chips they've already thrown in. Also, if someone's got an "okay" hand they're more likely to stay in for a few hands if the wagers aren't too high. I generally play with some rather conservative people though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking about guns, not cards.
    Yeah, and I was talking about cards.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not related to card games but Connect Four My son's method of playing is to act like he's putting a piece in and watch his sister's emotional reaction to see if he should move there or not. Hilarious.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught that.
    No you didn't.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that explains a lot
    in this post, no

In following posts, yes. By the time you said "I was talking about cards", I already knew that. Which is what I was telling you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12