Bud White and Lynn Bracken in L.A. Confidential.

Not sure, but they are very aloof and at the same time very intense.
I was wondering hard for Bud's type but Lynn is clearly xNFx, i would say... INFJ
She displays little Fe despite her "job".
She shows deep Ne insight (she knows what's going to happen if X goes like this or like that, is a good strategist).
She holds on strong values : no lies ever, concern for others, a need to return to her home despite all the glorious dreams of hollywood.
She's very private and does not trust easily, except for Bud.
She does not have lavish material tastes : it's only for her business, her chambers remain simple and modest with a souvenir from her home.
Only Bud has access to her sanctuary. She feels as a hole with him. No need for words, she knows what's going on inside the man.

As for the mentioned Bud... makes me wonder. If someone's watched the movie, a little help would be appreciated

For what i've observed, he is equally low on Fe, even when he uses physical violence.
He is concerned by his intellectual abilities (wants to demonstrate proper investigations/deductions).
He's annoyed by political manipulation. Has a thing against Exley because his behaviour does not seem trustworthy (low Ne ?)
He stubbornly punishes violent husbands.
He's more concerned by getting the right thing done than doing it in a proper way. It's very efficient, with no waste of time/energy (is that Si or Se ???)
He doesn't care too much about wealth (he happily gives any money he finds to the widow, or to the poor beaten woman).
He doesn't try to convince others. They are either cooperative, or reluctant. If they are reluctant, he does not use persuasion but basic violence.

They may be aloof LSE with confident EII it's a beautiful couple anyway.

That's an exercise i like !
If my little analyses annoy you, please feel free to say so, i don't want to impose myself. It's just that i've seen none of the movie/TV shows you mention, as i'm french, so it's frustrating. I love watching delta movies actually