Thread: Success rate of INTj and ESFj marriages?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    They're broken up by now.
    In seven hours?

Blaze happens to be quoting the post that necro'd this thread earlier today.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find ESFjs I know in real life quite annoying and way too expressive, and they're always trying to get emotions out of others, especially wild and crazy, "neutral tinted positive" and rather meaningless talk, it's sick. They have that EJ paranoia. One turned my ISTj best friend into a trivial joke when they were dating.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I find ESFjs I know in real life quite annoying and way too expressive, and they're always trying to get emotions out of others, especially wild and crazy, "neutral tinted positive" and rather meaningless talk, it's sick. They have that EJ paranoia. One turned my ISTj best friend into a trivial joke when they were dating.
    Sooo... what you're saying is that ESFjs and INTps probably won't get along very well?
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Sooo... what you're saying is that ESFjs and INTps probably won't get along very well?
    Probably not. There is also the idea that conflictors may seem like duals when you first see them, which I haven't noticed at all. Duals usually seem like duals.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    No no no. What he's clearly saying is that his post in no way adds to the substance of this thread that resurrected from the lowest depths of Heck.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    In seven hours?

Whoops I confused the post's date with the rest of the 2005 thread.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the differences between duals is exaggerated in most cases. Yes we need complementary traits, but we also need similar traits. If there aren't enough similar traits... well...
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Malia was ok, nothing to say, but Aiss behaved improperly IMO. Only fools pick on such unimportant details to accuse someone of incompetence. I agree with you that maybe she confused something, but let me tell you that I myself considered the difference irrelevant few years ago, although I knew the differences between the systems.
    esfjgirl didn't even theorized on that, she just described a relationship, it's very hard to say what she knows or not, having just one post doesn't mean she is necessarily dumb to jump on her like the wolf on a weak lamb. Mistyping is not something uncommon, and it's not usually related to this confusion, it's exaggerated to put a wrong conclusion on that, imo.

---

@Aiss ^ + you took things too absolutely. Just ask and figure out what's she talking about, does she make a confusion or not, don't jump to conclusions so early please.
    Whereas bitter people pick on others for lack of better argument.

Where do you see me making any conclusions in this thread? Or accusations for that matter? I asked whether she was using socionics. If you have a problem with it, it's your problem, not mine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Where do you see me making any conclusions in this thread? Or accusations for that matter? I asked whether she was using socionics. If you have a problem with it, it's your problem, not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    This thread is rather old, but it sounds like half the people were talking MBTI.
    that doesn't look like a question to me (alphas tend to take observations seriously)
    Last edited by electric sheep; 04-23-2010 at 05:48 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Oh my goodness! That is the most epic .gif I have ever seen!
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    that doesn't look like a question to me (alphas tend to take observations seriously)
    This observation is about thread in general, not about esfjgirl and her typings, as was the first question. I rather think Pinocchio meant the latter here:

Mistyping is not something uncommon, and it's not usually related to this confusion, it's exaggerated to put a wrong conclusion on that, imo.
    Even if you assume it's a conclusion because it doesn't end with question mark, it doesn't make it any more about esfjgirl, and therefore her typing, or confusion, or implied exaggeration on my part. :sigh:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    In seven hours?

necro'd? hahahaha

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Works with understanding

My husband is INTJ and I'm ESFJ. We have a strong marriage but we had to learn communication. I don't nag at him because I know he doesn't respond well. I give him his space and take care of all of his needs. If I want to talk about his day he knows he doesn't have to actually listen unless I express that specific need. Sometimes I've just been alone all day and need someone to talk to. Responses aren't necessary. My husband says we are a great match because we are similar in the important areas and complement each other. It takes understanding to make this pairing work, and sacrifice for both parties. ESFJs who need to be in charge are a pain for INTJs. INTJs who refuse to meet an ESFJs need of approval hurt the ESFJ.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ard4 View Post
    My husband is INTJ and I'm ESFJ. We have a strong marriage but we had to learn communication. I don't nag at him because I know he doesn't respond well. I give him his space and take care of all of his needs. If I want to talk about his day he knows he doesn't have to actually listen unless I express that specific need. Sometimes I've just been alone all day and need someone to talk to. Responses aren't necessary. My husband says we are a great match because we are similar in the important areas and complement each other. It takes understanding to make this pairing work, and sacrifice for both parties. ESFJs who need to be in charge are a pain for INTJs. INTJs who refuse to meet an ESFJs need of approval hurt the ESFJ.
    Yeah, I've often heard people say this about initial stage of their relations. Approval and understanding are big starting points. I think it's just easier to meet a dual who's parents are a dual to them, hence a dual to you. I think my boyfriend's mother is INFj I think I will cry if this happens. It's kinda important to me to feel completely engulfed in love.

Um, my boyfriend and I are like two peas in a pod. It makes me wonder.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html