Thread: How do subtypes affect intertype relationships?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Subtype extrapolations(and the resulting intertype effects) should only account for reproducible sociotype pecularities."

Can you elaborate on this?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1: There are multiple theories. The 2-subtype one is the current popular one.

2: I consider subtypes to be minor in relationships, but more distinctive in differentiating between identicals.

3. It doesn't matter. Batman is stupid.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - There are multiple theories. Currently the 2-subtype one is the most popular.

2 - Sometimes you can see the subtype through the grass as it goes out hunting in the morning, but usually gains speed and other drugs later on in the day to where there are no optical records of it even existing.

3 - Probably not, which means I won't waste my time on it.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sar View Post
    "Subtype extrapolations(and the resulting intertype effects) should only account for reproducible sociotype pecularities."

Can you elaborate on this?
    Intertype relations don't officially consider subtypes, but if subtypes were accounted for, the gain should be explanations for recurring differences between relations. Creating hypotheses is misguided when we can compare the empirical data.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And btw: There are different subtype systems, but most people use the 2-subtype system.

Yay for redundancy!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So, a couple of things that got me to go about subtypes:

1) I've seen it posted that there are 2 subtypes for each type. No, rather 4. Never mind, 16...wtf? which one is it?!
    All of the above, though the 2 subtype Accepting/Producing system is the most common, and the one I use almost exclusively. Anything more specific doesn't leave the necessary breathing room for people to be people, and can often be wrong as a result...

Can't we just say people are different?
    Yep, and subtype's one of many ways of doing this

2) If they DO exist, then should they not alter relations?
    Subtly, yes; the easiest example that comes to mind is the difference in my relations with Ne-ILEs as opposed to Ti-ILEs, I generally get along much better with the former...

3) Will the 3rd Batman be better than the 2nd?
    Not until they put the nipples back on the batsuit
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the socionics.com website has mentioned subtypes but with minimal effort. They do recognize the accepting/producing dicotomy. They have yet to actually produce an article that is meant to explain the difference.

http://www.socionics.com/advan/qa.htm?1122150578 - this is a link to the socionics.com website (copy and paste it). The admin briefly clarifies the difference and alludes to the publication of a subtype theory in english but they have yet to make good on their word. My comment is "november 2, 2009. can't wait" so ya its been awhile.

Subtypes differ in mannerisms, physical appearance, dress and social behaviour. They display distinctive behavioural traits in times when they are at their best and their worst. The wikionics.com website mentions a proficiency in either your dominant or auxiliary function (first or second function). In that regard you could notice slight differences when given similiar circumstances.

Basically identicals may not appear identical unless they have the same subtype. That is an ESE-Fe appears identical with an ESE-Fe but an ESE-Si may not come across as having the same basic personality unless with another ESE-Si. So on and so forth for all 16 types.

Personal example: I have two friends who are identical but different subtypes. I wouldn't consider them to be identical with one another. I actually find it difficult to consider them identical without resorting to subtype theory to explain the differences.