Thread: How do subtypes affect intertype relationships?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How subtypes affect intertype relations

What affect does your subtype have on your 5th and 6th functions?

For instance I am an ENTJ Intuitive Subtype. So that means out of

My is weaker than usual while my is stronger.

But how does this affect the , the things that I want from others? I theorize that having stronger slightly negates the need for , which leads to the need for having a priority. This fits with my desire for related things (money, power) being stronger than other ENTJs.

Thus my perfect dual would be an ISFJ sensory subtype, according to this reasoning. Hmmmmm.

Discuss.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How subtypes affect intertype relations

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    perfect dual ISFJ sensory subtype
    Good luck with that
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure about that subtype dualization theory. I'm E(N)Tj and I'm with an I(S)Fj, and it seems that the only issues we ever have happen when I'm not getting the Fi I want or he's not getting the Te he wants. We're weak on the Te/Fi axis. Issues that arise as a result are quickly and easily resolved, but they are there nonetheless.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Interesting that Pezzonovante just posted this topic, because I had been thinking about this for quite a while, I think XoX might has posted a similar topic in the past if I remember correctly. However, my viewpoint is that both subtype relations are positive, it's just that they both offer different alternative paths to dualization?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm not so sure about that subtype dualization theory. I'm E(N)Tj and I'm with an I(S)Fj, and it seems that the only issues we ever have happen when I'm not getting the Fi I want or he's not getting the Te he wants. We're weak on the Te/Fi axis. Issues that arise as a result are quickly and easily resolved, but they are there nonetheless.
    Have you considered that you might actually an activity relation, since your not getting eachother's functions completely fulfilled? Anyways, your description sounds a lot like an ENTJ-ESFP couple I know.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Interesting that Pezzonovante just posted this topic, because I had been thinking about this for quite a while, I think XoX might have posted a similar topic in the past if I remember correctly. However, my viewpoint is that both subtype relations are positive, it's just that they both offer different alternative paths to dualization?

Have you considered the possibility that you might actually be experiencing an activity relation, since your not getting eachother's functions completely fulfilled? Anyways, your description sounds a lot like an ENTJ-ESFP couple I know.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered that we could be activity partners, but it would be INTp/ISFj. Peter is definitely IJ > EP (and yes, I know he doesn't portray that here... and no, I don't expect you to believe me ).
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I have a very hard time seeing ESFp as my dual though... )
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've considered that we could be activity partners, but it be INTp/ISFj. Peter is definitely IJ > EP (and yes, I know he doesn't portray that here... and no, I don't expect you to believe me ).
    Yes, that's also possible. He does give off a rather EP vibe in the forum, but I guess in real life he could possibly be IJ as you say.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's pretty much just pure Se here, if you understand the tone of his posts.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's pretty much just pure Se here, if you understand the tone of his posts.
    It does seem a lot like Ti to me, coupled with Se.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se > Fi = Ti

Socionics is a very "Ti" theory, so he's a lot more Ti here than he is most of the time.
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Joy, Does this description fit your relationship?:

Do you constantly fight over the disagreements over a particular issue that has little to do with your relationship, while ending quickly and then resurfacing again? Sometimes making you feel like the relationship is going to end. However, in the next day the relationship is better than it ever was and amazing overall. A good way to describe this relationship is an erratic heart beat constantly increasing and decreasing and rarely remaining stable.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se > Fi = Ti

Socionics is a very "Ti" theory, so he's a lot more Ti here than he is most of the time.
    I'm not really talking about when he speaks about the theory, but mostly at when he makes a point about something.

Anyway, Traveler...DJ is reallyyy not ESFp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler

Do you constantly fight over the disagreements over a particular issue that has little to do with your relationship, while ending quickly and then resurfacing again? Sometimes making you feel like the relationship is going to end. However, in the next day the relationship is better than it ever was and amazing overall. A good way to describe this relationship is an erratic heart beat constantly increasing and decreasing and rarely remaining stable.
    Not at all. The relationship is extremely stable. We don't really ever have disagreements, per say... more like "issues" that are the result of a lack of communication. As soon as the communication gap is bridged, the issue is totally gone. These issues are few and far between.
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not at all. The relationship is extremely stable. We don't really ever have disagreements, per say... more like "issues" that are the result of a lack of communication. As soon as the communication gap is bridged, the issue is totally gone. These issues are few and far between.
    Alright, the description was the way I perceived an activity relation to be. Take everything I'm saying with a grain of salt, since I'm merely speculating and throwing ideas around.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's not ISFj, INTp would be the next possibility... but it seems unlikely. His mom read the descriptions and picked ISFj (without any coercion lol). He's not "timid" or laid back enough to be an INTp (not sure how to word that better... may need to describe this "INTp timidness" elsewhere if it's disputed, and the laid back thing is obviously a matter of perception because some people see INTps as bitching about everything all the time), and the most apparent thing about his type is the IJ temperament. And Ne makes the most sense for his PoLR. He uses Fe a lot less than most ISFjs probably do, but it's not a sensitive spot. He can certainly take Fe criticism in stride.
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If he's not ISFj, INTp would be the next possibility... but it seems unlikely. His mom read the descriptions and picked ISFj (without any coercion lol). He's not "timid" or laid back enough to be an INTp (not sure how to word that better... may need to describe this "INTp timidness" elsewhere if it's disputed, and the laid back thing is obviously a matter of perception because some people see INTps as bitching about everything all the time), and the most apparent thing about his type is the IJ temperament. And Ne makes the most sense for his PoLR. He uses Fe a lot less than most ISFjs probably do, but it's not a sensitive spot. He can certainly take Fe criticism in stride.
    Yeah that is another possibility, but you've seemed to have discounted it, so who knows. Let's discuss this via PM in order to prevent this thread from getting derailed or start a new topic.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually sounds as a joyfull relationship between the Illusionairys.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb'07
    It actually sounds as a joyfull relationship between the Illusionairys.
    Lol. I love hearing your opinions on types and realtionships (seriously though)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a very good description of the relationship between activity partners.

A series of "real life" descriptions of romantic relationships between the different intertype relations would be great if everyone could contribute their own experiences.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante

I think this is a very good description of the relationship between activity partners.

A series of "real life" descriptions of romantic relationships between the different intertype relations would be great if everyone could contribute their own experiences.
    start a thread
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or do these descriptions make it sound like, for example, a sensory subtype ISTj would match up better with an ethical subtype ENFj, and a logical ISTj with an intuitive ENFj?
    SEE