Quote Originally Posted by Loki
Quote Originally Posted by sigma
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F
I am people-oriented. I use emotions and feelings to persuade people.

T
I am task-oriented. I use facts and logic to persuade people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The confusion here for me is that... if I am trying to persuade someone I will use the means that I believe are most effective. There's no point in trying to persuade someone if it's going to fail. If emotions and feelings will work best, that's what I will use. If logic will work best, I will use that. If nothing is likely to work, I may not try at all. I'm not really sure how I know what the best way is... I just do.

All that aside, I try not to persuade people for the most part... or I'm having issues with the entire idea of "persuasion" or something. In a lot of ways logical persuasion seems more harmless than emotional persuasion. I think I've been looking at persuasion like it's something negative... perhaps I should question whether there are ways in which persuasion is positive. Like I've been thankful at times when others have persuaded me... or sometimes I need to be persuaded. I guess the motives for it are what really matter.

As for people-oriented vs. task-oriented... I draw a blank. I don't know. I guess underneath it all it's more about people... I mean people are more important than tasks. But...

Sigh... no T/F description has yet to bring me out of my T/F confusion.

I like how these descriptions are short and to the point however. Although I still managed to, it's harder to "read things into" them.
In this and other posts of yours you come across a clear F type, Loki. You always emphasize the people oriented perspective more than the logical. INFp, or maybe ENFp, are the most likely types for you.