Thread: Discusion of Ne PoLR in ISFjs and ISTjs

Threaded View

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne PoLR can be understood best by considering how it works alongside Se-creative.

It's not a fear of change, it's needing to do something (tangible, Se) when people, systems, or situations don't correspond with their set of ethics or principles (Ji) but since Ne corresponds with "space" it can be assumed that Ne valuers know when and where to place "things". Ne PoLR doesn't. It may instinctively know that now isn't the best "space" (Ne) nor "time" (Ni), but since Ji-lead + Se-creative overrides both Ni and Ne, xSI must act immediately.

I'll try to provide examples by comparing Ne PoLR with Se PoLR.

At their worst,
    Ne PoLR will seem like bigots that take it too far and invalidate both themselves and their cause(s).
    Se PoLR will seem like doormats that don't take it far enough and miss out on opportunities to share their perspective.
    ("The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.")

At their best,
    Ne PoLR will seem capable of enacting tangible change in their environment with an admirable dose of volition.
    Se PoLR will seem capable of subtly reworking their environment with a healthy dose of perspective.
    Ne PoLR sacrifices perspective for volition, while Se PoLR sacrifices volition for perspective.
    (volition = immediate, tangible change; perspective = gradual, "sit and ponder" change)

How this plays out in interactions between IxE and xSI, is that the crux of what Ne-leads say is equivalent to "hot air" (which isn't usually meant to trick or deceive, it's just running wild with Ne) but xSI attach real weight to words/deeds. So if you say or do [x] today but then you say or do [y] tomorrow, it's like *WHH CHH* whiplash. LSI is more likely to think: "I said or did [x] today but then tomorrow I said or did [y]. I can't even trust myself."

That's why Ni HA is "to believe" - if you're exposed to enough contradictory information, then the line between truth and falsehood blurs. It's safer to assume it's all falsehood, but that's where supervision comes in handy. IxE knows how to communicate with xSI in their language (Fi or Ti) - they know how to shed perspective at key moments to alleviate xSI from their incredulity, even paranoia, whilst expanding their horizons in the process.
    Last edited by wasp; 09-16-2017 at 12:08 AM.