Thread: Discusion of Ne PoLR in ISFjs and ISTjs

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

^ i haven't read lolita for similar reasons.
    but i liked murakami's kafka on the shore even though it was really weird/dreamlike and involved incest. (haven't read 1Q84)
    Last edited by ashlesha; 08-28-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    ^ i haven't read lolita for similar reasons.
    but i liked marakumi's kafka on the shore even though it was really weird/dreamlike and involved incest. (haven't read 1Q84)
    hehe.....yeah, I don't plan on ever reading lolita. I haven't read anything else by Marakumi. Maybe it was the translation, but I just didn't enjoy his writing style, especially his use of analogies and metaphors, and there were many. They just seemed odd and not relevant. 1Q84 had a dreamlike quality to it and parts of it were fascinating for sure, but otherwise, meh. I just lost interest halfway through.

It's kind of trade off really. I enjoy reading a lot of Stephen King, and I believe that you mentioned you liked some of his works as well, but sometimes he writes so tangentially that I start to lose interest. But, I often love the depth of his imagination, the world that he creates, or the atmosphere and feelings he evokes, that I'm willing to force my way through them. His work can be very dreamy and enjoyable as well.
    Last edited by Skepsis; 08-28-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: grammar
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.