Thread: Dioklecian's Typing Thread

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    hey Dio! i'd love you to help me, but i might only donate you after the 100% hard facts.
    Dee I have already told you what I think your type is, if you wont I can help you become more self aware and then you will be able to see your type yourself. Type is useless as a simple tag that identifies you with letters, it is much mroe useful if you can see how it you use it everyday and how it guidess your most important life decisions.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I thought that you are baned.
    Well, he does appear to be the bane of your existence...

Could be , or the other way around
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Dioklecian, solicitation of money is really kinda of a scumbag kinda of thing to do on a forum.
    Speaking of which, coming soon: Socionics T-shirts! Stay tuned, folks.
    They have those already I think.

And by the way, by ideas are much less about socionics per se, and more about type theory in general.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Your typings.
    I have noticed that I am immediately right about 70% of the time, but if I work at it for a long time, usually I can be pretty certain.
    There's no objective way to know if you're right though. In a subject such as Socionics where there's no blood test to prove one's type, in order for one to have credibility as an accurate typist, they must have references from many people who they've worked with, people who will attest to that person's excellent powers of perception and skill at applying the theory. Without that, all we have to go on is your word. And if you're coming up with typings for people that are a lot different than what most people see and aren't offering any explanations for your opinions (as has been the case in the past), it's unlikely that people will take your typings seriously. After all... they seem pretty random. And if they don't take your typings seriously, why should they pay you anything?

Bottom line: You have little to no credibility at present, and people are not going to see a reason to give up their cash until you do. Even then, I don't know how many people care what their type is enough to pay someone who they won't even meet in person to try to type them. (I don't even think it's wise to try to definitively type someone you've never seen irl.)
    By the way JOy, you don't have only my owrd, you have your own word too. I promisse to discuss and work with you until you can see your own type.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    im tired of this. why, god, why.
    Because, niffweed, people spark people. Reactions trigger reactions: "hey, that guy is trying to find his type again - I want to know mine!" and then "hey, look, she's searching for who she really is - she's not a EIE after all!" and then "hey, if she's not an EIE, maybe I'm not either!"

Finding your type is so much more complicated than, say, finding your Enneagram type, which - to me - is relatively piss (9 motivations, each has a wing and a stacking. Easy). Right? Wrong. Basically, out of 16 types, you have to find that which is most like you. This is so simple if you take logical, methodical steps. First of all, you have to look at the functions, and find which you utilise most. How this corresponds to one of the types' block is going to be how you find which type is most like you. Of course, socionics function descriptions are quite rigid; thus, you will often say "hey, that's me!" when it clearly isn't. Nonetheless, you choose that particular type because they first two functions are definitely you i.e. there is no way that you could be described better. Now, to confirm this, you look at the temperaments, small groups and quadras, and see how that relates to you. If not at all, then you have a problem. Perhaps take a look at some other types similar to your own, and see how they correspond. It's a long process, but it's rewarding if you can figure out your type. You could have a lifetime of happiness awaiting you.

This is very very good, and I appreciate the input.

I tend to rely more on the type identifications and less on functions per se, that is I think that the type of a person is primary in comparison to the functions. I think that functions are qualities of the types.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to rely more on the type identifications and less on functions per se, that is I think that the type of a person is primary in comparison to the functions. I think that functions are qualities of the types.
    What do you mean?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recommendation

It turns out my type is ESFJ.
    I still find it hard to believe.
    If you keep your mind open you may find Dioklecian surprisingly useful.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    May I ask why you find it hard to believe?

I mean -- perhaps it doesn't work like that for everyone, but I'd think that to find your correct type, especially if it's something very different than what you were considering, should come as a revelation, like "of course! Now everything fits! How couldn't I see it earlier? It's so obvious" etc etc.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    May I ask why you find it hard to believe?

I mean -- perhaps it doesn't work like that for everyone, but I'd think that to find your correct type, especially if it's something very different than what you were considering, should come as a revelation, like "of course! Now everything fits! How couldn't I see it earlier? It's so obvious" etc etc.
    You are quite right actually.
    It does explain an awful lot of things.
    It is just that I had always thought of myself as an introverted person, and as soon as I heard about type theories I felt confident I must be an intuitive type.
    It just seems to me it could easily to happen to others too.
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is just that I had always thought of myself as an introverted person, and as soon as I heard about type theories I felt confident I must be an intuitive type.
    Well but then the question is one's understanding of what being "introverted" and "intuitive" means.

Of course it does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well but then the question is one's understanding of what being "introverted" and "intuitive" means.

Of course it does.
    Good points.
    I shall write a bit more later about my typing experience once I manage to think things through.
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Dioklecian's typings -- I really don't understand this "if you keep an open mind". I see that as preposterous, since it suggests that people reject his typings because they are "close-minded".

No, I think most people are skeptical of his typings because he hardly ever provides any explanation, and when he does, they are far from satisfactory. If he says things like "INTP IMO", sure, he's acknowledging that it's just his opinion and that is fair enough; but if he wants his typings to be taken seriously, he might start by providing a glimpse into his typing methods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Dioklecian's typings -- I really don't understand this "if you keep an open mind". I see that as preposterous, since it suggests that people reject his typings because they are "close-minded".

No, I think most people are skeptical of his typings because he hardly ever provides any explanation, and when he does, they are far from satisfactory. If he says things like "INTP IMO", sure, he's acknowledging that it's just his opinion and that is fair enough; but if he wants his typings to be taken seriously, he might start by providing a glimpse into his typing methods.
    This constant need for explanations does sound rather familiar.
    I think a reasonably good case for "ENFJ Expat" could be made...
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make it then. It's ok.

As for "need for explanations" -- if I see a typing that totally contradicts my own typing of the same person, and if a case for said typing is not clear to me at all, before I can consider whether that typing is correct, and mine wrong, I think it's fair to know precisely where the other typing is coming from. Why should that be an ENFj characteristic? Some people, going to MBTI concepts, have said that it's sign of being a "sensor", which I can understand better if still disagree with.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I know exactly where Expat's coming from. You need explanation. It doesn't only help others to identify one's type, but also how one's mind works.

As for Expat as an EIE - no way. If you think Fe is manifesting itself as a leading function in him, you have a lot to learn.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I know exactly where Expat's coming from. You need explanation. It doesn't only help others to identify one's type, but also how one's mind works.

As for Expat as an EIE - no way. If you think Fe is manifesting itself as a leading function in him, you have a lot to learn.
    Ezra I think I have your type after seeing your video.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat I understand your concerns and I find them sincere. In your place I might well have the same reaction, for sure. The only problem I have with providing lengthy explanations is that it takes a really long time.

I have developed my own intuitive process for deciphering types and it relies on my worldview more that on specific, easiy to describe facts. That is, I have changed the way that I view types and functions in a unique way that is impossible to impart on another person. That perspective has helped me enourmously, and even led me to make a major discovery in type theory. I don't have a list of characteristics that I tick off for every type, frankly I think that that is the wrong way to go about finding types because it iseasy for one type to copy the behaviour/look/attitude of another. I look more at general patterns.

As to the specific use of my method: when you asked me about your own type for instance, I agreed with your opinion intuitively. For example your facial expression seemed ENTJ, the place where thepicture was taken seemed in line with my view of ENTJness. That isthe general pattern seemed to fit. I didn't make a chechlist: eyes like this, posture like that, etc. Those are external details in my view, not the real person.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean?
    Whne I find someones' type, Itry to findthe type directly not the functions. Most socionists g othe other way, they say: you have introverted intuition, so you are INxJ.

I go directly to type, I say: he is ENTJ or INTP, for example.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you keep your mind open you may find Dioklecian surprisingly useful.
    CS I am sorry to disagree with you, but I am not convinced that you are ESFJ.

INFJ still seems more likely to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With that last post, I finally have gathered enough information to type you, Dioklecian. For the small fee of $300 (payable in cash, check, or money order), I will tell you your type with an estimated accuracy of 99.99994%. Please respond quickly though, because the discount (a 99.99994% discount (the people in Marketing told me that would be effective)) wears off tomorrow, bringing it back up to 5 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With that last post, I finally have gathered enough information to type you, Dioklecian. For the small fee of $300 (payable in cash, check, or money order), I will tell you your type with an estimated accuracy of 99.99994%. Please respond quickly though, because the discount (a 99.99994% discount (the people in Marketing told me that would be effective)) wears off tomorrow, bringing it back up to 5 million.

Well my own accuracy is 100%.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

type me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you charge more?

I pity your souls

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you charge more?
    A little bit, and if you quit making snide remarks you might actually find your type (or at least ask for help).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me? Snide?

I pity your souls

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    type me.
    Not ESFj anyways.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap like this is the BEST alternative out there, 90 bucks to take a test yourself:

MBTI test UAlberta

[quote]Student Counselling Services: http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/counselling/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close Window
    Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a versatile indicator of personality type. The MBTI describes an individual's preferences on four dimensions: Introversion/Extroversion, Intuitive/Sensing, Feeling/Thinking and Judging/Perceiving. The preferences are combined to create 1 of 16 unique personality types. In the past we have typically used the MBTI to help students:

Decide on a career
    Choose a university program related to career interests
    Develop strategies for career exploration and planning
    Choosing or changing a career can be a major life transition that requires much thought, planning and work. In exploring career options, this report can help you find a suitable occupation by matching your personality type to those of people with the same type who find their career highly satisfying. The report's easy-to-read presentation shows most and least popular occupations for your personality type and discusses strategies to improve job satisfaction.

Cost: $50.00 (cash only)

Strong and MBTI
    The MBTI is frequently administered with another vocational test, the Strong Ineterest Inventory (Strong). We therefore offer a combined format for a lower cost than doing both tests individually.

Provides focused information about career choice and career search issues using a combination of Strong and MBTI results for a comprehensive career development package. Combining results not only enables you to identify occupations of interest but can also help you better understand the connection between your interests, personal style/preferences and work environment.

The Strong and MBTI are open to students all year long. However, as Student Couselling Services is in high demand during the academic school year (September to April), non-students may complete the Strong and MBTI during the summer only (May-August).

To schedule a test, pick up the Strong and MBTI in person and fill out multiple choice answers on your own time. Bring in the tests when you are finished.

*Please note that the Strong and MBTI results are ready within 7-10 days after submission and an appointment is then booked with a counsellor for interpretation.

Cost: $90.00 (cash only) for both tests

[quote]

Creepy-bg

ehhh Dio I love you like a fat kid loves cake... but people shouldn't have to pay for shit like this. I will fight all attempts to create intellectual property in the usual ways. sorry

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    ehhh Dio I love you like a fat kid loves cake... but people shouldn't have to pay for shit like this. I will fight all attempts to create intellectual property in the usual ways. sorry
    The pay is not for property but about my time, if I get no finding I have to go and work more to make up the difference.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    The pay is not for property but about my time, if I get no finding I have to go and work more to make up the difference.
    couldn't you just cut my lawn instead?

(sorry... I'll get out of your thread since I can tell this isn't going to end well )

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do that yourself, but it's much harder to find your own type.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    there are thousands of people on this forum and a lot of them would want to know their type for sure add another 50,000 on other world forums as well as other people and you go into millions. and you are "propriating" your methods??? come on, man!!!

Dee, I told you before: every minute that I spend typing people I could spend working like everyone else. I am not a trust fund kid that can waste his life on the net doing nothing. If people want me take the time to help them, they can donate some funds like others have done. I want to do this because it interests me and I want to continue to improve my understanding of type theory, but as I said I need the funds. The alternative is that I stop posting or typing people.

I think that you think that the price is too high, and it is high for my unidivided attention. But I told you your type, already, for FREE. Those tests are crap, the more times you take them the more different answers you get. It happened to me myself. I took the MBTI test 3 times at school.

But if you want me to teach you my complete understanding of type theory that takes time and effort.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The alternative is that I stop posting or typing people.
    Oh god please let it be so.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

type me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian's PM
    HI

I was thinking about youtoday actually and I don't think you are ESFJ. I don't know how to put this, but as I am gathering funds for the patent, would you care to contribute? Some people are offering 1000$. The more funds I get, the more time I can dedicate to your type.
    ya know, after reading this to myself a few times all I could think of was how much this actually is written just like hundreds of other scams out there. I highly suggest at least changing your wording a little...lol

I have nothing against you but I can't say I agree with what you're doing here.

If my type was something I would actually benefit from knowing then I'd probably pay, even then it'd have to be someone that I didn't get that "I'm being scammed out of my money" feeling from like I did from your PM.

Show me a way that i'd actually make money from knowing MY type and I could see me paying for such a thing. Until then I'll just stay the type that I'm comfortable being whether people here agree with it or not.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really bothered that a con artist is allowed to use this forum for this purpose.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

type me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian's PM
    HI

I was thinking about youtoday actually and I don't think you are ESFJ. I don't know how to put this, but as I am gathering funds for the patent, would you care to contribute? Some people are offering 1000$. The more funds I get, the more time I can dedicate to your type.
    ya know, after reading this to myself a few times all I could think of was how much this actually is written just like hundreds of other scams out there. I highly suggest at least changing your wording a little...lol

I have nothing against you but I can't say I agree with what you're doing here.

If my type was something I would actually benefit from knowing then I'd probably pay, even then it'd have to be someone that I didn't get that "I'm being scammed out of my money" feeling from like I did from your PM.

Show me a way that i'd actually make money from knowing MY type and I could see me paying for such a thing. Until then I'll just stay the type that I'm comfortable being whether people here agree with it or not.
    You asked me to type you, not the other way around.

By the way, the 1000 bucks is for guiding you for a very long time, teaching you indeed how to use your type. It's being a life coach. You can ask me any question as long as you live, lifetime guarantee of your type. If any doubts arise I will solve them.

I am doing this here until I get a separate website, then I will not do it anymore, but people kept asking and offering all kinds of things. Plus the patent process is very expensive and I am a student as you know.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I am really bothered that a con artist is allowed to use this forum for this purpose.
    You are mean and turning towards evil, and your husband is not ISTP, good luck finding his type.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are mean and turning towards evil, and your husband is not ISTP, good luck finding his type.
    soooo, unless people pay you, all the types that everyone else already has are wrong?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soooo, unless people pay you, all the types that everyone else already has are wrong?
    Cracka you ask for help and then turn against me?

Creepy-bg

is this a joke Dio? I'm having a really hard time taking you serriously... you're wording things just like I would if I was making fun of this type of thing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast