Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A fun and simple attempt at a test

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I'm finding both tests useful, but in a roundabout way.
    Does it tell you what type I am?
    Not just like that - they are not good enough - but your answers suggest to me that Ni comes very easily to you.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circus. More opportunities to kill as many aliens as possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if someone says, with little doubt, that s/he prefers the circus, I'd go for extraversion and probably Beta-Gamma.
    These were my thoughts too but it's normal there are exceptions because what the test actually measures regarding these parameters (Extraversion, Beta-Gamma) is whether an active lifestyle but with obligations would be prefered over a passive but free lifestyle. The point of a test is to not be too clear about the agenda from the start so you have to build a more concrete model that consists of what is to be measured among other things, so since it's kinda like a recipe (In that it contains more than just the measured element), the other "ingredients" can interefere based on people's personalities, memories, impressions about things, etc. So the point is that exceptions are perfectly acceptable in that context because they're not necessarily in contradiction with the meaning you originally had in mind when defining the choices of answer, like for example how the description provided by Ezra of how he would like the zoo to be is probably pointing more towards the conception you had of the circus than that of the zoo.

On another note: This thread is interesting in that it offers insight into and modes of evaluating concepts and data and about how making them work hand in hand internally can be a powerful tool.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Circus. More opportunities to kill as many aliens as possible.
    Then they'll send you straight to the zoo.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be in the circus without a doubt.

I'd be so damn entertaining to them that they'd all love me and i'd be the most popular human they'd ever seen. Since they don't have morals and all the awkward situations programmed into them such as we do then we could do absolutely anything to entertain them.
    Think about it, if we weren't taught that it's wrong to run around naked, we'd probably all do it without feeling awkward. I mean, even the act of going to the bathroom in front of hundreds of aliens may even be entertainment as far as they are concerned. How would they know any better. :wink:
    Then i'd do a headstand or just jump up in the air and they'd be all like, omfg wtf awesome!!!
    I'd appeal so much to them I'd get to know them and the next thing you know I'd be one of their leaders. I'd be the one making all the decisions about which planets to take over and abduct other aliens from.

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Circus

"Are you not entertained?"
    Funny that this was posted. "Win the crowd, win your freedom." is kinda my way of looking at it. The heck with going to the zoo.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A fun and simple attempt at a test

Imagine that little green aliens have kidnapped you and taken you to their home planet.

Would you prefer to be put in their zoo or their circus?

Assume rather "humane" conditions in both situations - ie decent food, no whipping, etc. Obviously in a circus you'll be expected to perform some tricks and in zoo you'll remain in your cage.

So, which one and why?

Please no questions of the kind "would I be allowed books in the zoo or in the circus" -- assume that all such things will be identical in both situations, everything that doesn't reasonably contradict the nature and purpose of a zoo and of a circus.
    I'd prefer to be in the zoo. If I could have occasional access to the petting-zoo section, that would probably meet my need for entertainment, education, and socialization. I could still make people happy but more on my own terms and with a possibility of escape if it got to be too much. But, even if I couldn't be in a petting-zoo every now and then, I'd probably still choose not to be in a circus, though I suppose that place wouldn't be too bad, either. I could make both places happy ones.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zoo....
    Suomea

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    I'd be in the circus without a doubt.

I'd be so damn entertaining to them that they'd all love me and i'd be the most popular human they'd ever seen. Since they don't have morals and all the awkward situations programmed into them such as we do then we could do absolutely anything to entertain them.
    Think about it, if we weren't taught that it's wrong to run around naked, we'd probably all do it without feeling awkward. I mean, even the act of going to the bathroom in front of hundreds of aliens may even be entertainment as far as they are concerned. How would they know any better. :wink:
    Then i'd do a headstand or just jump up in the air and they'd be all like, omfg wtf awesome!!!
    I'd appeal so much to them I'd get to know them and the next thing you know I'd be one of their leaders. I'd be the one making all the decisions about which planets to take over and abduct other aliens from.

Circus

Funny that this was posted. "Win the crowd, win your freedom." is kinda my way of looking at it. The heck with going to the zoo.
    My thinking too, just... in a more colourful way.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would be in the zoo, but only if they whipped me.

seriously though, i remember Slava said once that Ne types like to be watched; its a manifestation of the Si dual seeking which reminds them that they exist.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I would choose the circus - because in both the circus and the zoo, you are going to be watched, but for a shorter time in the circus, presuambly - so more time to myself - I don't think I would particularly care about aliens seeing me fail - they can get stuffed - they might think my failure is actually a skill, anyhow. In the circus, I could learn tricks that could aid my escape at a later date - if its a travelling circus, I can explore the planet. The aliens won't be 'humane' by defintion - but if they were, I could pretend that the air is harmful to my lungs, and so get returned to Earth. Or, I could make funny shapes with my fingers, so that they think I am some sort of Messiah (hopefully, they won't sacrifice me), and then they will obey my every command - the first of which would be to conquer Earth, and make me King. This is a purely hypothetical situation, of course.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you prefer to be put in their zoo or their circus?
    Zoo for sure. In either case I'm going to be observed, but at least in a zoo setting I can do my own thing and by extension maintain some dignity.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circus

My left nut. You think they're going to want to let you go once you start making the crowd happy?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Circus

My left nut. You think they're going to want to let you go once you start making the crowd happy?
    They might give you a lil more freedom no? Since you're helping the circus win over the people.
    INTp
    sx/sp

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely pick the circus. You get to have admirers and perform. What's the point of lazing around in a zoo with people staring at you all day long if you don't get to impress them or something? It seems a lot more fun. I wonder if this points towards extroversion for me?

I am very surprised at the sheer # of you who would choose the zoo. It seems like such a bad choice compared to the circus. Doing tricks and entertaining people sounds fun, really If I were in a zoo, I wouldn't know what to do but just sit there and waste my days. There are more opportunities for fame and fortune in the circus and more of a chance to get out.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as I could be an acrobat or contortionist of sorts, I would be in the circus.

even something like this would be nice

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uGXnC18nlTg[/youtube]
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I'd definitely pick the circus. You get to have admirers and perform. What's the point of lazing around in a zoo with people staring at you all day long if you don't get to impress them or something? It seems a lot more fun. I wonder if this points towards extroversion for me?

I am very surprised at the sheer # of you who would choose the zoo. It seems like such a bad choice compared to the circus. Doing tricks and entertaining people sounds fun, really If I were in a zoo, I wouldn't know what to do but just sit there and waste my days. There are more opportunities for fame and fortune in the circus and more of a chance to get out.
    That's interesting.

Because that's precisely one of the reasons why I wouldn't pick the circus.
    I don't like being a "clown", entertaining people in this way sounds ridiculous to me.
    INTp
    sx/sp

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea

That's interesting.

Because that's precisely one of the reasons why I wouldn't pick the circus.
    I don't like being a "clown", entertaining people in this way sounds ridiculous to me.
    Haha, it immediately appealed to me with no doubts. I actually would VOLUNTARILY join the circus if I had a chance and nothing better to do - just for laughs, for experience. Being in the spotlight sounds fantastic ... I don't necessarily see it as being a "clown" ... I think it is a great opportunity to improve some cool skills, acrobatic even, and feel the love from adoring fans.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really, who wouldn't want to do this:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qEf5hqigNtA[/youtube]
    EII

I'll tell you what

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should don a top-hat, find a street corner, and perform riverdance all day. I'm sure you could make $100 in a trendy part of town.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I think it is beautiful.
    EII

I'll tell you what

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... it would probably be easier to run away from a circus. Or at least kill myself.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circus

They might give you a lil more freedom no? Since you're helping the circus win over the people.
    along these lines, yes.

I would use my superior socializing skills to befriend the big cheese of all aliens and he'd immediately like me so much that he'd want me as his new right hand human. Then, after years of being his homie, he'd leave me control of all that is alien. Some time later he'd be hit by a drunk alien soccer mom in an oversized flying saucer with a little sticker, "Alien-baby on board." Then I would rule the wor... wait.... Galaxy? Yeah, that sounds about right. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just genuinely enjoy being in the circus.

*shrugs*
    EII

I'll tell you what

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circus

True. Not the way I was looking at "freedom," but true nonetheless.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assume rather "humane" conditions in both situations - ie decent food, no whipping, etc. Obviously in a circus you'll be expected to perform some tricks and in zoo you'll remain in your cage. So, which one and why?
    circus, hands down. i'd rather be working than only be gawked at.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so ultimately the circus because there'd be more chance to escape.

Escape!!! But to where?! I'm on an alien planet! I might need their special mixture of gases to survive...errrrrrr...I'd steal some of the special gas mixture, and when I escaped I'd jump on the next ship back to Earth.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber

*shrugs*
    You really think so?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrugs*
    You really think so?
    yes, as long as I could be an acrobat, contortionist, or some kind of dancer.
    EII

I'll tell you what

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you enjoy it for the sake of movements and dance or for the performing aspect?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not choose the circus. I wouldn't perform there for money let alone someone forcing me to perform for them. I cannot submit to that.

So I would choose the zoo. I would probably accept that I can't do anything about the situation and would go into a sort of meditative state in the cage and just stare at the emptiness waiting for them to release me or an opportunity for escape to arrive.

I would just wait and try to keep myself in good enough shape to use an opportunity for escape if one would be provided for me. I'd probably slowly accumulate aggression against the aliens inside me. Then one day I would either have turned into a vegetable waiting for my death or the accumulated aggression would have reach a limit of no return and as some alien (e.g. those who feed me) would approach me carelessly I would suddenly let all the accumulated aggression release at one go, and switch into a manic state of aggression and rip the alien into thousand pieces. Then I would try to escape and attack as many aliens as possible to get some revenge. Then they would probably kill me. If they would capture me and cage me again then the circle would repeat.

Generally what bothers me most in the cage thing is that I wouldn't probably have a toilet or any hidden place to do my ... toilet things ... Doing them in public would be less shameful in front of aliens though than it would be if the captors were humans.

Edit:
    I have to mention that I would probably initially be pretty enthusiastic about the fact that there are aliens and I get to see alien worlds. However as soon as I'd discover my options will be very bad indeed I would do the thing I wrote above.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyone else who thinks that either of those options would be worse than death?

In a zoo you're forced to be somewhere, and in a circus you're forced to do something. That's like asking if you'd rather be a prisoner or a slave. Why would it matter what the people watching you are thinking about or how they're feeling?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Would you enjoy it for the sake of movements and dance or for the performing aspect?
    definitely not for the performing aspect.

I would enjoy the physical aspect of it, the body movement, the discipline required. I like pushing my body.
    EII

I'll tell you what

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Is there anyone else who thinks that either of those options would be worse than death?

In a zoo you're forced to be somewhere, and in a circus you're forced to do something. That's like asking if you'd rather be a prisoner or a slave. Why would it matter what the people watching you are thinking about or how they're feeling?
    I would much rather be prisoner than slave. Nothing would be worse than being a slave.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both are unacceptable. If there was no escape, I'd choose death.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you really wanted to put in the effort, I could train you to do a good portion of that stuff.
    EII

I'll tell you what

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool, RC. I like your take on all of what you said.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    actually, the thing about entertaining people i think would be more to do with emotivists and the zoo perhaps the constructivists.
    What about those who would rather die?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both are unacceptable. If there was no escape, I'd choose death.
    Technically speaking there is always a chance for escape as long as you are alive. Also there is a chance to get some revenge

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a longer-term perspective. In that situation, with no escape, I might well prefer to die too. But as a very first choice, I would pick the circus. Suicide might come later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a longer-term perspective. In that situation, with no escape, I might well prefer to die too. But as a very first choice, I would pick the circus. Suicide might come later.
    Oh I should approach it that way. On short term. Well I'd still pick the zoo. It would give me time to understand, reflect and adapt to the whole situation. Perhaps I could ask to be moved to circus sometimes later (or do the scenario I wrote earlier, lol). Initial reaction would be: throw me to "jail", I have to think about this things and what it means before taking any actions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast