OK, so what makes an introvert, and why do they act the way that they do? How is an introvert diffrent from and extravert?

...some thoughts...

Some introverts are stereotyped to be shy or even unsociable... even when they are around people and enjoy it. This seems to be because a lot of the time when an introvert is around people they are not the ones talking. If they are not shy, and do enjoy it, why are they not always the talkative ones in the group?

One thing about being an introvert is that before they can understand something they actually have to personalize it and see how it relates to them first. And, of course, they can only turn something outwards after they have an understanding of it. So, if you are talking to an introvert, and notice that they may have a slight delay before they respond back, it's because they are actually formulating their opinion about what you said, trying to get some sort of personal meaning out of it. Sometimes, an introvert may decide to just not say anything at all after they have thought about it, seeing no real reason to.

An example might be when you are talking to an introvert. Maybe that introvert came back from a new class, or was with some sort of group of people. You as him, "So, did you see any of your friends while you were there?" It may not seem like a complicated question, but it is. The introvert will start to ask him self, "Did I see any of my friends there? What exactly do you mean by a friend? I saw this guy XXX I know, but would he really be considred a 'friend' like I'm being asked? I guess I'll just say his name, anyways...".

And what happens when introverts ARE talkative? Sometimes introverts don't hessitate when they are about to say something. What happened? It's because, on whatever subject has come up, they have already formulated a deep opinion of it and don't need to take the time to do it again. This is why sometimes you will have an introvert who may be quiet around you most of the time, but if you bring up a certain topic of discussion they can talk your ear off about it.

Anything else that is a good seperation of introverts from extraverts?