I'm installing a new furnace and air conditioner in my house and had to choose a contractor to do the work. The choices were between an LIE, an LSI, and an SLE. I chose the LSI because I feel that he probably has the most self-discipline. (The bids were all within about 10% of each other, so they didn't factor into the decision.)

I was showing him the ductwork from the old furnace and the area for the AC pad and where I wanted to place the exhaust vents and after a couple hours, he suddenly turned to me and out of the blue, said "You have a very interesting house. Not many people would have made the decisions you did. I think I'm going to enjoy working with you."

Well, it's vice-versa. LSI's are very sensible, reliable, practical people who work hard and keep their promises.

During our conversation, my ex-wife called and invited me to lunch. He didn't say anything but seemed curious. I told him that she and I were still friends but were in no danger of getting back together again. He said some people can remain friends with ex's, and some can't.
I launched into a quick summary of the cult of Socionics, saying that there are 16 types of people and 16 types of relationships, running from #1 great at Duality to #16 horrible at conflict, and while my ex and I were a great social match, we were at about #12 for an interpersonal match. Furthermore, I had since dated a woman at about #5 (Mirage) who was pretty terrific, but I had to break it off with her because I am holding out for a #1 (Duality). But I've been having a hard time finding duals who think of me as a real prospect.

He said, "If you already have a solid #5, why not stick with her? Time is passing every day, you know."
(His attitude is an example of 3D Se and 2D Ni, and is exactly how I think my ESI duals operate. "This guy's good enough; nail him down right now." And then they stick with the decision come hell or high water.)

But I am a future-thinking optimist. I hate making compromises today which I know will be a problem forever. So I told him, "OK, you could install one of two water heaters. They both look good and heat the water the same. One is available right now but its metal jacket is thinner to achieve the SEER rating. The other might not be available for several months, but the metal jacket is much thicker and more resistant to corrosion. Which would you install?"

He just laughed. He's a good guy.

I know that he'd prefer the one with the better, proven track record, but I didn't give him that choice.