Thread: Differences between ISFj-ESI and ISFp-SEI

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Luckily both Aushra and the question asker are apparently ILE!
    OMG REALLY???

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very easy, if you are really ILE: an SEI will listen endlessly to your theoretical Ne-ramblings, and give you the impression they understand and agree, even when they don't. Your ramblings will be met with disapproval by ESIs, and at best they will argue with you and constantly disagree with most of what you say, opposing it with their own perspective, which you think is rather narrow-minded, outdated and makes you feel they haven't understood a single bit of what you said, that they didn't get the point.

ETA: another thing, SEIs, although not as expressive as ESEs, might laugh boisterous when they think something is very funny. ESIs are more likely to chuckle, or just smile, not even baring their teeth.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 02-05-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    It's very easy, if you are really ILE: an SEI will listen endlessly to your theoretical Ne-ramblings, and give you the impression they understand and agree, even when they don't. Your ramblings will be met with disapproval by ESIs, and at best they will argue with you and constantly disagree with most of what you say, opposing it with their own perspective, which you think is rather narrow-minded, outdated and makes you feel they haven't understood a single bit of what you said, that they didn't get the point.

ETA: another thing, SEIs, although not as expressive as ESEs, might laugh boisterous when they think something is very funny. ESIs are more likely to chuckle, or just smile, not even baring their teeth.
    Yes, and that may be because an ESI expects pragmatic, concrete actions. ESI are "very exacting of others. And no one gets away with any irresponsibility."

SEI are more socially expansive than ESI. I, or an EII, unlike and ESI, won't clean to the point of sterilizing the home. They have immense amount of energy that they can lend to tasks.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-05-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Yes, and that may be because an ESI expects pragmatic, concrete actions. ESI are "very exacting of others. And no one gets away with any irresponsibility."
    That's not an accurate characterization for a horizontal relationship - how do you think ESIs could get along with dominants by being "very exacting"?. If you have an ESI boss or neurotic mother, that might be true, even though they tendentially act in such a way when they are stressed and insecure as to what to do next.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's not an accurate characterization for a horizontal relationship - how do you think ESIs could get along with dominants by being "very exacting"?. If you have an ESI boss or neurotic mother, that might be true, even though they tendentially act in such a way when they are stressed and insecure as to what to do next.
    In the exacting attitude, they help to ground their inventive, venturing duals and also participate in their business.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    In the exacting attitude, they help to ground their inventive, venturing duals and also participate in their business.
    That's not what most people think when they see "exacting attitude".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't see why it would be strange that an ESE's description of an ESI wouldn't sound great to an LIE. they would have different impressions and notice different things about the same person.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    i don't see why it would be strange that an ESE's description of an ESI wouldn't sound great to an LIE. they would have different impressions and notice different things about the same person.
    Her descriptions are not really that subjective.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    I don't think Yellows type has anything to do with her observation, even if she has a preference for FeSi, her understanding of FiSe was still fairly consistent. But than again, I didn't find anything negative about her understanding of ESI's and can see how her observations of their directness and lack of spontaneity is something that an LIE would in fact find positive, whereas an SLE (which I strongly believe Ashton is) would find such an individual unappealing
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp are fluid and esi are masochist.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    ISFp are fluid and esi are masochist.
    You think this is helpful information for an ILE who is trying to make out the difference? I mean, ILEs are not into behavior that would expose someone else's masochism, whatever their type ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You think this is helpful information for an ILE who is trying to make out the difference? I mean, ILEs are not into behavior that would expose someone else's masochism, whatever their type ;-)
    Taking into account external factors one might able to see and hear about it.
    Being a work horse despite of being well over the age of retirement and gone through multiple cancer diagnosis (yes, it is wise to continue working with hazardous chemicals in that case... ). For example? Or not?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Taking into account external factors one might able to see and hear about it.
    Being a work horse despite of being well over the age of retirement and gone through multiple cancer diagnosis (yes, it is wise to continue working with hazardous chemicals in that case... ). For example? Or not?
    I don quite understand what it is you want to know?How an ILE would detect being in the presence of on ESI? Well, for example, lets suppose an ILE male is making love to an ESI female. While taking her doggy style, he slaps her ass quite convincingly, and finds out the ESI responds quite positively to it. Now this won't happen this easily, because most ILE males are not into spanking. Like most SEIs are not into being spanked. But even if it were to occur, I wonder if ESIs would accept something like that from en ILE.

Of course I'm talking stereotypes here...