Thread: Differences between ISFj-ESI and ISFp-SEI

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI's are softer and more outwardly friendly/jovial.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask Kam
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is right. I am ISFp, and my mother is ISFj.

I enjoy making and hearing a lot of jokes. My mother never has made a joke and she laughs about normal everyday happenings, while I laugh at things that are more far-out and unreal. That is the Ne PoLR in action. Random(me) vs. Static/Normal(her) I am more smiley and jovial than her. I rarely yell about anything, but if I do, I scream and just get furious. My mother enjoys to raise her voice if she is challenged in any way.

She hates to discuss sex, homosexuality, or anything like that because discussing such topics out loud is just "bad". I see no problem with it, because sex and homosexuality are real topics. Very very very moralistic woman, she isn't afraid to voice her opinion on issues of morality. I have seen a lot of Fi PoLR from ILE's and I know my mother would lay the smackdown on them if she heard them. I'm more accepting of people overall also. I will make friends with everyone, my mother chooses her friends very very cautiously.

Anything else, I'm here. I know my mom very well.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys! You have all painted a better picture / "feel" for the differences, it has helped, and I think I understand who is what now - explains a few things! Thank you all muchly
    ENTp... love it

3w2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Kamangir is right. ISFjs are all dead serious. We only laugh about dishes and laundry and driving to the dentist. Nothing else is fit for even a smile. We would never tell our kids that we had just traveled through a wormhole and were on the opposite side of the country when they ask us how much longer to our destination. We would never make up silly songs or dances, or do handstands in our living rooms, or allow our kids to ride bicycles inside the house on a rainy day. We yell about everything, and never joke around. We especially do not make up elaborate metaphors with our friends. We shun everyone who is not up to the proper standards. Serious and stoic, thy name is ISFj.
    Just in case anyone missed this, I think Diana made this post during opposite day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post
    She is right. I am ISFp, and my mother is ISFj.

I enjoy making and hearing a lot of jokes. My mother never has made a joke and she laughs about normal everyday happenings, while I laugh at things that are more far-out and unreal. That is the Ne PoLR in action. Random(me) vs. Static/Normal(her) I am more smiley and jovial than her. I rarely yell about anything, but if I do, I scream and just get furious. My mother enjoys to raise her voice if she is challenged in any way.

She hates to discuss sex, homosexuality, or anything like that because discussing such topics out loud is just "bad". I see no problem with it, because sex and homosexuality are real topics. Very very very moralistic woman, she isn't afraid to voice her opinion on issues of morality. I have seen a lot of Fi PoLR from ILE's and I know my mother would lay the smackdown on them if she heard them. I'm more accepting of people overall also. I will make friends with everyone, my mother chooses her friends very very cautiously.

Anything else, I'm here. I know my mom very well.
    It is an Fi thing to be choosy about people. It has nothing to do with acceptance of others it's about depth

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    At large these are good observations, but I don't agree that SEIs tend to be always thinking about other people's comfort. They are not, they are much more focused on their own comfort, but they'll allow others to hop on the bandwagon and they can even be pleased if someone expresses appreciation for this comfort. Thinking about other people's comfort is more of an ESE thing. (also, when other people benefit from their Si, SEIs will feel appreciated for who they are, ESEs will feel appreciated for what they do)

The thing about ESIs making themselves very hard to approach is very true. It can be even worse: when they are approached, they might react in such a way that it results into rejection of the attempt. My gut feeling is that ESIs apply high standards (even those that have nothing to offer themselves), and you really need to persist in the effort to get anywhere.
    This being selfish and self involved is what I mean by less compassionate

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I see all IJs as exacting, in their own way... XSIs are more obvious with it, whereas XIIs will just watch you do things the "wrong" way, then redo it in their preferred way after you go away...

Yes I can be exacting over some things. When someone tells me that they want a relationship with me but hints at just having sex with me there's no consistency and it's a lie so I will get upset and want to know what exactly do they want. I want moral and emotional consistency and for that I will be exacting in that I will ask which does he want. I may seem strict about my wants and needs but only because I know which line I walk on and want to walk on forever. I won't respond until an inconsistency arises (when somethings are said and indicated that go against my values). In that case I only want clarify things "tell me what it is that you want so that I may decide if the relationship is worth it or move on" I want things set in the beginning and not ambiguous and this allows me to seek and have stability which is essencial for my emotional wellbeing. So yes I demand an answer and my demand of a yes/no decide what you want may seem exacting.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-16-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    This being selfish and self involved is what I mean by less compassionate
    You are quite selective in taking aspects from both types and then coming to a conclusion. My rebuttal:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...ld-digger.html
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under no exaggeration, Diana's description of ESI is so much like my mom that I never noticed she was mocking me.

It is a very good profile of a middle aged ESI, one with 3 kids, all born after 35.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    LIEs and ILEs
    Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    Right...

I think Joy has the right idea; she simply hasn't explained it clearly enough.

Essentially, what people have completely missed is the fact that ESIs and SEIs are in opposing quadras. ESIs value the exact opposite of what SEIs value. They are as good as each other at the same things (Se, Si, Fe and Fi); they merely value completely different things.

Some people like this style of explanation. Others prefer it if you "just give me the differences in real-life terms - no theoretical crap". If you like the former, ask me (or Joy or Expat or anyone else who follows this style of reasoning) more about the differences and I'd/we'd be glad to tell you. If you like the latter, just carry on what you're doing; you'll get plenty of responses.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main difference between ISFps and ISFjs is that the former jump out at me whereas I never seem to notice the latter.

Oh, you wanted something objective? Whoops, sorry!
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pam (SEI) vs. Angela (ESI) from The Office (US Version)

But most ESIs are no where near as rigid and mean as Angela is, so don't get the wrong idea. This show, in my estimation, really contrasts the Alpha Values (Michael, Jim, Pam) with Gamma Values (Dwight, Angela, Jan)

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so