Thread: INTp-ESFp duality discussion and examples (ILI-SEE)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    it's rather i've noticed ILIs can be a bit in the player cathegory *bites tongue*
    yes think so too.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    yes think so too.
    is it maybe a matter of life goals what really is type-tied or do you think it's something else entirely?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it maybe a matter of life goals what really is type-tied or do you think it's something else entirely?
    I don't know. There are a lot of things that people of the same type share with each other. Socionics is a very nice model that describes a lot of things. But not all.

Life goals are probably better described by instincts. The instincts theory is very compact but I think it thought me more about myself than Socioniocs. But Socionics thought me more about relationships.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I don't know. There are a lot of things that people of the same type share with each other. Socionics is a very nice model that describes a lot of things. But not all.

Life goals are probably better described by instincts. The instincts theory is very compact but I think it thought me more about myself than Socioniocs. But Socionics thought me more about relationships.
    an ILI i'd dated, well my first boyfriend (who also placed third at a later time) i'd place in a player sorta cathegory because he'd always have a girl or two in the backseat so to speak, and anytime it'd fall through with me he'd play their card. another thing he'd do was take initiative always, but very very subtly so i'd had to do a lot of work by, say, making sure the door was open for him to come in so it seemed seamless;

i found his personality exhilarating and certain things he did and was a part of seemed to me at the time were so because he was very much a part of the social glue yet later i understand partially through socionics: like maybe he was aware of certain social structures and power balances and played to that;

the thing he did with the 'girl cards' is silly, in retrospect, since i'd always find out - like, i had informers, so to speak, always knew what was going, like he'd call a few of the guys and have a semi-party with few of the girls involving his 'card-girls' and make it all seem it was a general hangout rather than scout-dating;

i've also considered LIE but the subtlety really tipped the balance to ILI. is that the sort of stuff you have in mind Jarno?

to me he seemed meandering, thought maybe a lack of long-term strategy on his end though i stilll care about him today i'd rather he'd held me in less of a regard and loved me a bit more rather.
    Last edited by Delilah; 02-05-2017 at 06:44 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've also considered LIE but the subtlety really tipped the balance to ILI. is that the sort of stuff you have in mind Jarno?
    i can relate to it (when i was younger). funny/weird to hear such a similarity.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

snip
    My question to you is did he really go through all the trouble to do all that stuff? Or whether it just fell into place like that with little effort? That sounds interesting either way it happened.

I'm fairly sure I would absolutely not do all of that. In my case, it would be much more likely for it to seem that way than me actually doing it. I could see myself not getting emotional after a break up and moving on fairly quickly, especially if it was not a long term thing. If this was a lesser relationship however, I'd probably find someone else. That is if I wanted to find someone else.