Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phobias

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This girl never worked for the government and had a little boy who was turning 4 in a couple of months when she died. I don't think she would have given him up to testify against whoever she was getting her drugs from. My guess is that they knew that she'd been beat up and that she was on a lot of drugs and were having a hard time determining what the cause of her death was?

I dunno, the detective in charge of the investigation sent flowers to her family. Would they have done that if she had just simply overdoesed?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to be cremated. I hate the idea of being buried, of people poking at my body in any way after I'm dead.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I want to be cremated. I hate the idea of being buried, of people poking at my body in any way after I'm dead.
    Sorta is like some sort of personal violation isn't it?
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Sorta is like some sort of personal violation isn't it?
    I believe you've hit the nail on the head! AND I certainly don't want some 24nd Century archeologist digging me up, either!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what that's crazy. if anything you should want to die because there's a chance 2000 years from now some more evolved human will dig you up and study you. practically celebritity status

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wondered how long you have to be dead or under what circumstances before it's legal to dig you up. I mean you get arrested for grave robbing, but how long down the road can someone dig me up for study?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our records are kept well enough these days that it is very inlikely that they'll need to dig up people from this period to study it.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, maybe. How the heck will we know, though.

I thought this was a thread about phobias. Phobias are irrational by definition!!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I thought of another one. (...to get back on topic.) I can't stand choker-style necklaces, they make me feel like I am going to suffocate.
    Same thing, but only intermittently, with scarves and seatbelt shoulder straps. If it's winter and I've got the heat on in the car, if the temperature gets a little too warm, I'm suddenly aware of my scarf, coat, and seatbelt touching my neck and I feel like I can't breathe. I have to pull all that stuff away from my neck and open a window or I'd panic.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have occasional car issues similar to that. Have to have a window cracked in the winter or the car feels too stuffy. I also can't sleep or read in the car. One time when I was 12 or so my relatives went on a road trip half way across the county. They drove straight through and slept in shifts. OMG was that the worst ride EVER!!! I couldn't sleep and on top of it I was stuck in the back of a stuffy van, the people around me sleeping (so there was no one to talk to), hadn't slept in a day or so, couldn't read, and had to listen to whatever crappy music the driver wanted. On top of that my new uncle had this "you need to learn that adults are in charge and a child's wants don't matter" attitude and was determined to put me in my place and show me who was boss. And yet this somehow was not my worst vacation ever.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid of heights. I can only get about 20' off the ground before I am so terrified I can't move. I also freak out in elevators and when in tunnels. Once on the Cheasapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (miles long) I thought I was literally going to die. Flying to Vegas tomorrow . . . two tunnels to go through on the way to the airport and then the plane. . . . pray for me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm afraid of snakes and spiders (except daddylong legs spiders)
    Afraid of playing a sport out in the dark.
    Afraid of playing tackle football.
    Afraid of hights if ft. is higher than 200.
    Afraid to stand and speak in front of a big class.
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

death
    public humiliation

Laura
    INTj

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid of getting stuck in a snow in the middle of nowhere and freezing to death.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I try to face and overcome my fears. A couple I had that were hard, to get rid of, were the fears of the number 13, due to superstition, and any thought of mutilation. I used to count a lot to keep those fears at bay but I have not experienced OCD counting in a long time.

There is really only one thing, that I can think of right now, that I still fear, and that is being alone in complete darkness and silence (all at the same time). Fear of the dark is something I struggle with. If someone turns my TV off and I wake up in dark silence I panic immediately. Turning off my TV is probably the easiest way to give me a nightmare even though I am not consciously aware of it being turned off.

There are things I don't like to do that seem like fears but they really are not. I don't like rollercoasters because of the inner sensations. Probably the same with skydiving. I wouldn't like it. There is no sense of control.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12