TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat NLI
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    No, get yourself a nice little ISFp therapist, RMcNew.
    Are there any ISFp therapists? I wonder what ISFp therapy would look like. If the ISFps I know were therapists, they'd listen sympathetically and then say: "You worry too much. I like you; you're entertaining. You're doing just fine. Everything's going to be alright. Let's go have a pizza. Did you ever try that marvellous little restaurant close to the town hall? Their chianti is superb."
    ahahahahahahahahahah
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLR Express.
    Love it!
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze, they might be Ok in some special cases, but it seems that they would quickly turn into the PoLR Express.
    Therapists are supposed to be trained to not let that happen.

People seeking therapy should be ready to take some feedback.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    where in that post were these things made manifest?
    The ENTp relationship thread, for one...
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Rmc, can you shed some light on how it went down, without revealing personal details?
    Well, almost my entire reason for seeking out a therapist to begin with had to do with my characterisit ENTp traits ... You know, not really seeming like I like most people and not always being real social to everyone, and then feel rejected because it seemed as though no one likes me or loves me or anything. And also how it is hard for me to get a job, because I usually just the hell out of people or just avoid them.

Also, I wanted to talk to the therapist about me and my ISTj father, and how I have had some unresolved issues from growing up with the idiot.

I was really hoping to get some guidance in the relationship area, also. I am trying to find some sort of lifeskills coach that can actually show me how to have a relationship the right way, as opposed to just -ing the heck out of anyone I want to like me. I have pretty much discovered that that is not the right way to start a relationship.

Anyways, I go to the clinic, and when I saw the doctor I knew the guy was an ISFj right off the bat, even dressed like one ... he started spewing tons of at me immediatelly and I could not help to feel stressed about it. But, I was able to tolerate it somewhat ...

Anyhow, the guy starts asking me questions and stuff ... he asked me what I thought my problem was, and I told him that I feel pretty much rejected by the world, and that it was a source of stress and guilt to express alot of positive emotions to people, and that I use to think that people just did not like me when in fact, it was that I was just never acting like I like anyone.

So, the guy pretty much just agress with everything that I said to him, and basically just spewed tons of until I was about ready to puke or leave. And then I had to go ...

The good news is that I may not have to go back to there, and I am finding another thearapist. Totally shitty experience.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i know an esfj/entp couple. the benefits are obvious so i will focus on the downsides. first off they are always busy and on the go and this seems to lead to stress after awhile because neither is getting function #5 up to where it needs to be. the entp becomes too stimulized with Fe sometimes and consequently acts like a chick at times.

overall the esfj seems to be better off in terms of personal growth (she is more mentally stable etc) but she can be overly clingy at times.
    I do not really like clinginess, but I do want a girl who is going to be pushing for a relationship ... if I can not escape, all the better so long as she is sexy.

Now, I would be the one to want and push for a relationship, but I do not know how and I think that would compensate for that. ISFps just do not do it for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Rmc, can you shed some light on how it went down, without revealing personal details?
    Well, almost my entire reason for seeking out a therapist to begin with had to do with my characterisit ENTp traits ... You know, not really seeming like I like most people and not always being real social to everyone, and then feel rejected because it seemed as though no one likes me or loves me or anything. And also how it is hard for me to get a job, because I usually just the hell out of people or just avoid them.

Also, I wanted to talk to the therapist about me and my ISTj father, and how I have had some unresolved issues from growing up with the idiot.

I was really hoping to get some guidance in the relationship area, also. I am trying to find some sort of lifeskills coach that can actually show me how to have a relationship the right way, as opposed to just -ing the heck out of anyone I want to like me. I have pretty much discovered that that is not the right way to start a relationship.

Anyways, I go to the clinic, and when I saw the doctor I knew the guy was an ISFj right off the bat, even dressed like one ... he started spewing tons of at me immediatelly and I could not help to feel stressed about it. But, I was able to tolerate it somewhat ...

Anyhow, the guy starts asking me questions and stuff ... he asked me what I thought my problem was, and I told him that I feel pretty much rejected by the world, and that it was a source of stress and guilt to express alot of positive emotions to people, and that I use to think that people just did not like me when in fact, it was that I was just never acting like I like anyone.

So, the guy pretty much just agress with everything that I said to him, and basically just spewed tons of until I was about ready to puke or leave. And then I had to go ...

The good news is that I may not have to go back to there, and I am finding another thearapist. Totally shitty experience.
    That's a pretty sucky therapy session. Keep trying to find someone good who can help you.

I used to spew like you say all they time. You're right it really doesn't work.

I tried to stop talking and start listening instead. It was soooo hard but it worked as a first step.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am looking into finding another therapist ... one that actually can give me some direction and not just me to death. I hated that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12