Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my two cents, I believe you're ISTp as well. You have a very dry, off-beat, creative sense of humor () that I don't see in most ISTjs.
    But the similarities between ISTp and ISTj are definitely more striking than some make them out to be, especially if you look at these two descriptions:

ISTj - Ti Subtype
    INSTRUCTOR

Logical subtype are confident in itself, it is calm, restrained, dryish, correct and not penetrated. It now and then seems haughty. Is moderately amiable, imperturbable bezemotsionalen. It is very polite and attentive to the details of conversation, loves everything to refine and to explain. It stops on not very essential for other details. It is leisurely, now and then even sluggish. It loves to obtain the detailed and comprehensive information to its questions. It does not love uncertainty. It is internally very assembled.

It loses the presence of spirit and tries never to encourage those, who need its support. Has the straight line, fixed, which looks as through the collocutor, the view, but not experiencing, but is more indifferent. Motions measured off, but somewhat forged. With walking it a little shuffles by foot-wear. When it is turned, it makes this with entire body. It seems that the neck is fixed on the arms, it does not love to twirl by head.

ISTp - Se Subtype
    DECORATOR

Sensory subtype is modest and nedemonstrativen, is restrained and polite, obstinate and beskompromissen in settling of its interests. It argues its position by logic and by facts, but by the not devised reason. At times it is pensive, it departs to itself, it distances itself from those surrounding, being immersed in its problems. Are somewhat forged in the contact, it is laconic, but now and then he tries at raspolagayushche to smile, if he feels, that appears the tension in the conversation. It dresses with the taste, it loves original, qualitative, but modest things, it follows the health, the figure, the appearance. Aesthete, loves manual work. It is thorough and tedious. It is patient and persistent. If its matter carries along, it untiring improves its production - material or intellectual. Sometimes it needs change in the occupations, but he tries everything to lead to the end. It usually has the gracefully- lazy gestures, smooth and in this case confident and precise motions. Gait somewhat weakened, elastic. It does not love to hurry, but also it is not sluggish. It seems a little haughty.
    I once thought my former ISTj roommate was ISTp (heck, she still could be ISTp and I could be dead wrong): she was a quiet, reserved badass who liked to decorate her room and claimed to be clean, yet kept things messy. She didn't seem to care how she dressed, but would occasionally get really fixed up. She didn't care much for school, but worked really hard at two jobs outside of school, which she still has to this day (1 year later). She didn't like debates and was very terse. She was also really warm, though, and wanted to help others (she was studying to become a counselor). Loved infants and animals. As for us, we were both having major issues while we were living together at school, but we had our share of deep, introspective, meaningful conversations, and she always had my back if I had a problem. I remember having a wonderful conversation with her after not having seen her for several months.
    Anyway, my point is, there really are a lot of similarities between ISTp and ISTj. After looking at my friend's intertype relationships (Best friend: ESTp; Boyfriend: ISFp; Other friend: ISFp), recalling the serious conversations we'd had, and remembering her patience with my hypochondria and outbursts, I have to say she's ISTj. I think an ISTp would have gotten sick of me much earlier in the friendship than she did. Also, she was a foot-shuffler who walked slowly, and I get the impression that ISTps move much more quickly and fluidly (a small but relevant detail).
    So, my final suggestion to you if you really aren't sure whether you're ISTp or ISTj is to find out how you respond to . You either love it or you hate it.
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happened to ENTp? honestly, i think you'd be more likely some type than ISTj. i don't think you have a Ne polr. i was satisfied with ISTp. /:

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky! Be in Beta! We have candy!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Rocky! Be in Beta! We have candy!
    Luring me in with candy?

You're not gonna try and abduct me, are you?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    what happened to ENTp? honestly, i think you'd be more likely some type than ISTj. i don't think you have a Ne polr. i was satisfied with ISTp. /:
    ENTP what?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    For my two cents, I believe you're ISTp as well.

I think an ISTp would have gotten sick of me much earlier in the friendship than she did.
    You're right, I'm sick of you already.

So, my final suggestion to you if you really aren't sure whether you're ISTp or ISTj is to find out how you respond to . You either love it or you hate it.
    If I'm exposed to Fe and I don't melt, is that a fair enough test that I'm istj?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm exposed to Fe and I don't melt, is that a fair enough test that I'm istj?
    I'd say you'd have to like it. Enduring it is one thing; preferring it is another.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say you'd have to like it. Enduring it is one thing; preferring it is another.
    Eh, I don't know. I do like this picture though;

If that's relevant at all.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is adorable!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on that small snippet of information, I'd say ISTp. LOL Cats are prototypical humor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    *feels embarassed*

Yes, everyone whose been on this forum at least a year would probably disagree with things they wrote in the past (that link was almost two years ago...).

Over time, opinions change. That means I don't believe in the same things I did two years ago. I mean, does anyone agree with EVERYTHING they said two years ago?
    Point taken.
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on that small snippet of information, I'd say ISTp. LOL Cats are prototypical humor.
    LOL, wth? Are you serious? Cats are humor? I must be an type then!

Anyway, to be honest, I don't know what type Rocky is. I used to think he was the prototypical ISTp upon my first being here @ the forum but now, I compare him to heath and they seem quite different.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm a party animal!! wooo

woooo
    woo

rocky and I have similar values perhaps-- he's not a loser and neither am I. But he takes the studies of this board more seriously than me.
    asd

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i'm a party animal!! wooo

woooo
    woo

rocky and I have similar values perhaps-- he's not a loser and neither am I. But he takes the studies of this board more seriously than me.
    heathie, you're really weird and I like it

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, to be honest, I don't know what type Rocky is. I used to think he was the prototypical ISTp upon my first being here @ the forum but now, I compare him to heath and they seem quite different.
    They seem pretty similar to me. Although Heath seems like he could be ESTj rather than ISTp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, he/she was just saying that because he/she doesn't want me in da Quadraz. :/

Seriously, who could not like this?

Much more here...

http://icanhascheezburger.com/?s=cheez+burger

(^^^ endless fun)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP what?
    i ask that b/c -- weren't you entp when you came here?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP what?
    i ask that b/c -- weren't you entp when you came here?
    mbti
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a more serious note, anyone care to type this inverview, since the person being interviewed seems to "think" in a similar way to me, for instance;

You talk about structure in architecture, and both of the bands you’re most well known for, At the Drive-in and The Mars Volta, both have very chaotic, but rigid, structures. It sounds chaotic, but it also sounds like you know exactly what’s going to happen next.
    Definitely. It’s something that helps me to see the music visually. That’s such a big part of it when describing to Cedric what I’m doing or showing an engineer what I’m doing. I quite literally draw structures on a piece of paper, boxes, circles, triangles. It’s really good to be able to see parts as structures, transitions with certain shapes. It really helps you come to an understanding of what you want to do with a song. For me, that’s always been an exciting part of music, whether it be for At the Drive-in or this group. I like the approach of having it seem chaotic. The most common thing I get when I do interviews is, “It must be cool being in that band. You just like jam and make songs.” Nothing could be farther from the truth.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You REALLY like The Mars Volta, don't you?

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, duh.

EDIT/// but that wasn't the point of the post.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don';t think that guy is that sweet of a guitar player. wanna fight about it
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don';t think that guy is that sweet of a guitar player. wanna fight about it
    prove it
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prove that he's not sweet? i don't think there's an accurate measure yet, but when one comes out he will be in the guidelines, defining 'mediocre original style.' He isokay, his riffs cool, but his solos are god awful. especially on de-loused. Those are unlistenable. If you compare his technique with john frusciante's on cictriac esp on de-loused you'll notice john has a much better technique, tone, and generally plays music that is better. But I think the rest of the band makes up for him-- as every musician is completely solid, and the songs are always interesting. I'm going to listen to them while i cook dinner and i will have more to say.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prove that he's not sweet? i don't think there's an accurate measure yet, but when one comes out he will be in the guidelines, defining 'mediocre original style.' He isokay, his riffs cool, but his solos are god awful. especially on de-loused. Those are unlistenable. If you compare his technique with john frusciante's on cictriac esp on de-loused you'll notice john has a much better technique, tone, and generally plays music that is better. But I think the rest of the band makes up for him-- as every musician is completely solid, and the songs are always interesting. I'm going to listen to them while i cook dinner and i will have more to say.
    His solos are... different. If you listen to L'Via, John Frusciante has the first two solos, and Omar the third. When I first listened to it, I thought John's were better. But after a few listens, John's just seem more predictable. Omar's solo on that song is weirded but it fits. It's basically telling you, "Hey, wake up, something crazy's about to happen". Or at least that's what I hear.

Or, just listen to this;

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=zykM-XOZIsY[/youtube]
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, i'll give it a try. I'm going on what i thought about it ages ago, but my taste has changed.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and for the lulz...

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I said that LOL cats were humor, I didn't mean that non- types couldn't appreciate it. I was just saying that it was most characteristic of types and most likely to be propagated and created by Ne-types.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I don't know. I do like this picture though;

If that's relevant at all.
    OMG you must be Te.

But seriously, Mars Volta is Beta to the max, and so are you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay, 5 pages about me... I like the attenshunz... does that mean Beta?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recap...

I think you are more likely Delta ST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I want you to be ISTp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Te > Ti . Now move on.
    For my two cents, I believe you're ISTp as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    But seriously, Mars Volta is Beta to the max, and so are you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    (But seriously -- LSI)
    Wow, that was pretty one-sided until the end.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least someone can stand Mars Volta.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    Well, at least someone can stand Mars Volta.
    Does that mean you're a fan who didn't think many other people liked them, or just a hater who thought no one could like them?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna reverse all the clearly thought-out claims why you're ISTp and give an explanation to why you're ISTj - an explanation which is at least as elaborate as the ones that have so far proven that you're ISTp ----- You're ISTj because you have so many posts and ISTps don't post in forums! (at the very least my "proof" counters the LOL cats= which would make you ENTp and me ENFp.)

You are ISTj because you argued with hitta in that "Model A with the +/- signs" thread (link) and you said many things that were very direct and strong-opinioned. The few times when ISTps are opinionated, I feel the difference between me and them, but I didn't get that feeling from any of your direct claims. This means you're surely ISTj!!!

I am sad to see that people see whatever they want to see and that socionics is so subjective. I wish it wasn't.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I'm gonna reverse all the clearly thought-out claims why you're ISTp and give an explanation to why you're ISTj - an explanation which is at least as elaborate as the ones that have so far proven that you're ISTp ----- You're ISTj because you have so many posts and ISTps don't post in forums! (at the very least my "proof" counters the LOL cats= which would make you ENTp and me ENFp.)
    I've said it before, everyone loves LOL Cats. EVERYONE.

You are ISTj because you argued with hitta in that "Model A with the +/- signs" thread (link) and you said many things that were very direct and strong-opinioned. The few times when ISTps are opinionated, I feel the difference between me and them, but I didn't get that feeling from any of your direct claims. This means you're surely ISTj!!!
    Cool.

I am sad to see that people see whatever they want to see and that socionics is so subjective. I wish it wasn't.
    You mean, I can't be an istj to you and an istp to Slacker Mom.

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is now very obvious and it can be undoubtedly concluded that Rocky has a Split Personality. He is 1/2 ISTp and 1/2 ISTj.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, I became quite worried when I read that you have written a very elaborate ISTp description in the past, one that was very descriptive of Slacker Mom's ISTp husband. I decided to read it with a judging look to see if it's vague enough to describe any ISTx. I was almost disappointed to see that it was only a description of ISTps that was modified by Rocky. I must honestly admit I didn't even bother to read it. Modified descriptions lack the subtle hints of personality that one may find in self-descriptions written from scratch.

With so many posts over the years, I was unable to find a description of Rocky that he wrote about himself. Maybe you (Rocky) would be able to direct me to one?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Modified descriptions lack the subtle hints of personality that one may find in self-descriptions written from scratch.
    ^^^ The Truth

With so many posts over the years, I was unable to find a description of Rocky that he wrote about himself. Maybe you (Rocky) would be able to direct me to one?
    Oh, I'm sure I had one waaaaay back when, I'll try and find it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha, that was more fun then I thought, looking through my old posts. We had so many interesting conversations back then... post battles with MysticSonic, jokes from Herzy, there was Pedro-the-Lion, Cone, and even Cone's Mom. I almost forgot how much fn we had on here.

Look what I found,

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Rocky, now that I think about it, you do sound ESTp from my point of view. You seem to fit in well with the Betas, and if you are indeed ESTp, that would explain why you may have thought that you were ENTp.

And yeah, I can be unintentionally rude to people if I don't want to be near them at the time. Check out the ESTp descriptions, because this could just be you!

I don't think I gave a formal, "Here's a personal profile" thread, I just noticed, back then, there was talk about my type scattered about. Shame.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast