Thread: Examples of Te dual seeking

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default question

So I was at dinner filling up cups of water for people. I filled one cup, then the next, then the next.

My INFj friend came up to me and said, "why are you doing it that way, that's so primitive," and he gave me a pitcher so I could just fill that up all at once. Then I was thinking... "Hmm, is this his Te Dual seeking function!?" (how nerdy of me)

Yeah, so I was wondering if this was an example of Te.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    So I was at dinner filling up cups of water for people. I filled one cup, then the next, then the next.

My INFj friend came up to me and said, "why are you doing it that way, that's so primitive," and he gave me a pitcher so I could just fill that up all at once. Then I was thinking... "Hmm, is this his Te Dual seeking function!?" (how nerdy of me)

Seems more like showing off Te: "Hey, look at me, I can do this effectively." I've sometimes done that, but to call you primitive? haha, that's a little extreme.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Real Te with Si would fill up each cup separately, this means you procrastinate over the easy stuff while someone else gets the hard stuff to do

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Real Te with Si would fill up each cup separately, this means you procrastinate over the easy stuff while someone else gets the hard stuff to do
    Haha nice. I agree with you on something!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Seems more like showing off Te: "Hey, look at me, I can do this effectively." I've sometimes done that, but to call you primitive? haha, that's a little extreme.
    That's what I'm thinking, "I know of a way you can do this more efficiently, see how I Te! "
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if an SEI or IEI suggested that to you? What would that mean?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    What if an SEI or IEI suggested that to you? What would that mean?
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if any of this was type related.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have called that Fi, for whatever little it's worth.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post

So you're ISTj? I think the bigger question is, are you using your dual-seeking function of Fe to connect to other people? Ah haha, can you see the irony?

Just kidding, you're just trying to understand them better, most likely using Ti if you're ISTj.

And, on the topic, yes that would be an example of an INFj trying to use Te.
    Functions - Wikisocion
    "If someone experiences a deficiency of it in his environment, he may attempt to supply it himself, but become soon exhausted."

Does your INFj friend lack people in his life who use Te? Parents, friends, coworkers, etc?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    So you're ISTj? I think the bigger question is, are you using your dual-seeking function of Fe to connect to other people? Ah haha, can you see the irony?

Just kidding, you're just trying to understand them better, most likely using Ti if you're ISTj.

Functions - Wikisocion
    "If someone experiences a deficiency of it in his environment, he may attempt to supply it himself, but become soon exhausted."

Does your INFj friend lack people in his life who use Te? Parents, friends, coworkers, etc?
    So just half an hour ago you didn't know what PoLR was and now your an expert? That's impressive. I'll have to pay you more attention
    Last edited by Words; 10-15-2010 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post

Functions - Wikisocion

Yeah, I feel like I use Fe quite a bit...I've noticed that I try to get some type of reaction from people in my blogs and facebook statuses, heh. Overall though I suck at Fe

But yeah, my INFj friend is trying to become a pastor and he relies on me quite a bit to carry out his vision, which can be exhausting. He centers a lot of his things on connecting to people through tons of activities and projects. I feel like he is looking for Te-oriented people.

Thanks for the replies everyone