Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of Te dual seeking

Could you list some? I am not sure how that manifests in dominants.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying, UDP. I don't enjoy letting other people decide things -- I just get tired of having full responsibility for every single decision with no input from anywhere else at all. I would much like having someone to bounce ideas off of and to help with choosing which would be the best way to go on something, not someone who would decide for me - yuck. Don't decide for me - I don't want that - just argh, I'm not explaining very well apparently. Helping someone with something doesn't mean you do it for them. It's like if I could lay out my choices and what my plans were, and get some kind of input as to whether one idea was better than the other, and why they thought so -- it doesn't mean I'd even go along with what they thought was better, but I'd have that input and help, and it wouldn't just be me trying to weigh the choices against each other.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Depends on whether you are talking about INFj or ISFj.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Examples of Te dual seeking

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Could you list some? I am not sure how that manifests in dominants.
    Take a look at Minde's "What's my type" threads and on how she approaches the answers and discussions.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that's a good example. Those threads have been (and still are) invaluable in helping me figure out socionics. First, I got a lot of the theory explained to me, mostly via Smilingeyes. Spelling things out like that helps a lot and I appreciated it while it lasted. Now I need help in identifying some of the people I interact with regularly. For me, sometimes it's hard to connect ideas to reality. Concepts can be pretty as they float about in my head, but often they're just so many words. As Expat and others point out aspects of socionics in the people I describe, other parts of the theory start falling into place and I start getting a feel for how it actually works. The more sure the opinion/information is, the easier it is for me to figure things out. (So, perhaps my posts are bit if Si seeking as well? The whole how-the-system-actually-works part? Mostly Te, though.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default question

So I was at dinner filling up cups of water for people. I filled one cup, then the next, then the next.

My INFj friend came up to me and said, "why are you doing it that way, that's so primitive," and he gave me a pitcher so I could just fill that up all at once. Then I was thinking... "Hmm, is this his Te Dual seeking function!?" (how nerdy of me)

Yeah, so I was wondering if this was an example of Te.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    So I was at dinner filling up cups of water for people. I filled one cup, then the next, then the next.

My INFj friend came up to me and said, "why are you doing it that way, that's so primitive," and he gave me a pitcher so I could just fill that up all at once. Then I was thinking... "Hmm, is this his Te Dual seeking function!?" (how nerdy of me)

Seems more like showing off Te: "Hey, look at me, I can do this effectively." I've sometimes done that, but to call you primitive? haha, that's a little extreme.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Real Te with Si would fill up each cup separately, this means you procrastinate over the easy stuff while someone else gets the hard stuff to do

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Real Te with Si would fill up each cup separately, this means you procrastinate over the easy stuff while someone else gets the hard stuff to do
    Haha nice. I agree with you on something!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Seems more like showing off Te: "Hey, look at me, I can do this effectively." I've sometimes done that, but to call you primitive? haha, that's a little extreme.
    That's what I'm thinking, "I know of a way you can do this more efficiently, see how I Te! "
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if an SEI or IEI suggested that to you? What would that mean?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    What if an SEI or IEI suggested that to you? What would that mean?
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if any of this was type related.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post

So you're ISTj? I think the bigger question is, are you using your dual-seeking function of Fe to connect to other people? Ah haha, can you see the irony?

Just kidding, you're just trying to understand them better, most likely using Ti if you're ISTj.

And, on the topic, yes that would be an example of an INFj trying to use Te.
    Functions - Wikisocion
    "If someone experiences a deficiency of it in his environment, he may attempt to supply it himself, but become soon exhausted."

Does your INFj friend lack people in his life who use Te? Parents, friends, coworkers, etc?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    So you're ISTj? I think the bigger question is, are you using your dual-seeking function of Fe to connect to other people? Ah haha, can you see the irony?

Just kidding, you're just trying to understand them better, most likely using Ti if you're ISTj.

Functions - Wikisocion
    "If someone experiences a deficiency of it in his environment, he may attempt to supply it himself, but become soon exhausted."

Does your INFj friend lack people in his life who use Te? Parents, friends, coworkers, etc?
    So just half an hour ago you didn't know what PoLR was and now your an expert? That's impressive. I'll have to pay you more attention
    Last edited by Words; 10-15-2010 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post

Functions - Wikisocion

Yeah, I feel like I use Fe quite a bit...I've noticed that I try to get some type of reaction from people in my blogs and facebook statuses, heh. Overall though I suck at Fe

But yeah, my INFj friend is trying to become a pastor and he relies on me quite a bit to carry out his vision, which can be exhausting. He centers a lot of his things on connecting to people through tons of activities and projects. I feel like he is looking for Te-oriented people.

Thanks for the replies everyone

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te Dual Seeking, examples of

This is something I've been wondering for a while now, how Te DS becomes apparent in an IXFj. I had a meeting today with my ISFj boss, who I had typed INFj before. I have a harder time typing older people, and he seems Fi-sub. Regardless, here's part of the negotiation process we had with a client "Bob" today concerning a quote (not that it really matters, but I suspect the client is ESTp):

-Bob: We'd like to know how much you want to charge for testing, since we have another laboratory that has worked on this before... You understand that if I take this to my boss and he finds it expensive, he'll ask how much the other lab will charge us...

-Boss: Oh... Yeah, I understand. If it's too high then just tell us and we'll lower it to match their price.

- Bob: Well, what you're asking for might be a lot lower than the other lab too, in which case I'll let you know.

- Boss: Yeah, if it's lower then we can just increase the price.

I wanted to face-palm throughout this conversation... It was apparent to me that my boss doesn't have much business sense, but on the other hand, the mistakes he made were completely obvious to me during the negotiation. I had a chance to glance at the quotation and my boss was actually charging them cheap as it is, to even consider lowering our quote. I was actually surprised at how honest and nice Bob was about this, considering that he could have just kept his mouth shut and taken the quote. Then, go check the price of the competitor and if it's lower, just accept his offer without mentioning the difference in pricing.

My boss seems to assume that others follow his code of conduct about everything. This isn't the first time something has happened where I don't think he has shown good business sense. He agreed with Bob during an earlier meeting to test out a curiosity he had which involved me working overtime, and when I pointed out the obvious (and felt awkward even mentioning) that Bob didn't say anything about paying for our troubles and that we're basically working for free, he just assumed that he would pay us later for it.

It seems like there's a general consensus when I come across Te descriptions that it is somehow related to "business" and "profit." Well, my boss is also bad with money... I talk to the accountant in charge of handling his money and she's always telling me how frustrating it is that he doesn't seem to care about allocating his funds, or doesn't keep track of how much money he has.

My intention is not to bash the ISFj type, since I know my boss is a unique case. However, it makes me wonder what's going on here in terms of socionics, if there is something related to it. I seem to be more business-savvy that he is even though I've barely been involved in negotiations like this, and we're both Te-DS. Maybe it's just that I'm very mistrusting towards people when it comes to these things, which then translates into me being aware of how we could have been easily "played" by Bob (though I wouldn't blame him if he had kept his mouth shut at that point). So yeah, I'm curious as to what you guys think.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, for one, being aware of a vulnerability allows one to recognize when there's a problem in future situations.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    ^ Captain Obvious hath spoken.
    Damn straight.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL ur story made me chuckle, Lobo That innocence really is sweet.

I'm thinking perhaps your ability to use Ne is what gave you the greater insight into your boss' foibles. Perhaps this phenomenon (in perhaps a magnified form) is what causes supervision from IEE to ESI. Perhaps because an IEE might not be able to keep the Ne insights to themselves as much as you do being a creative Ne user, because it's just part of living/breathing to the IEE being the dom function.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Captain Obvious hath spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    LOL ur story made me chuckle, Lobo That innocence really is sweet.

I'm thinking perhaps your ability to use Ne is what gave you the greater insight into your boss' foibles. Perhaps this phenomenon (in perhaps a magnified form) is what causes supervision from IEE to ESI. Perhaps because an IEE might not be able to keep the Ne insights to themselves as much as you do being a creative Ne user, because it's just part of living/breathing to the IEE being the dom function.
    Yeah, it could be an Ne issue too. He tries to force himself through situations rather than considering other things going on at the time, the possibilities. He hinted at me one time that I would lose my job if I didn't complete a task by hook or by brook, that there is no failure allowed, or some bs like that. Anyway, the relationship I have with my boss makes me wonder how does the Te DS show up in general for IXFjs, or does it even show the same way? He doesn't seem to be as interested in system efficiency as I am, but he does like to rely on numbers/facts more than I do (I sometimes don't see the point in using facts to arrive to a conclusion, rather than applying Ti).

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te DS.. These people want events to unfold according to a procedure. All processes have a correct procedure.

Creepy-Snaps

Why do the idiots always get the promotions? I'm guessing Bob has just been there a long time and knows the silly procedures.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi judges morality of actions. A consequence of that is procedures for how events should unfold. There's a direct relationship between that. How well do you really know your duals DS function?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think duals rarely hook up? It's hard to land a dual. It's hard to provide your dual with what they need. It takes stepping out of your comfort zone. Duality is about idealism, but it doesnt translate well into a day to day relationship. ENTjs use Te the total opposite of how Te DS tries to use it. It's way more fluid and interactive in the ego than it is in DS.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's much easier to sleep with the person you benefit or supervise than it is to land a dual. To get with the dual you need to be thrown together by circumstances. It's a phenomenal thing that occurs. Its very difficult to try and approach a dual without intervening circumstances and force a relationship to start. I have tried.. some sparks fly and then it just fizzles out because both people stay in their ego, and that keeps them separated. But I know I could get the INTj and ESFj girls to suck my dick. Problem is INTj girls are afraid of sex, and then they'd become obsessive stalkers afterwards.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, it doesn't seem that uncommon. It's easy for me to see that it does work and why—especially in terms of having similar thought patterns and values. IME, it tends to take me aback at 1st because I wasn't expecting it. Though that doesn't necessarily mean I want a relationship with every dual that I meet. That depends on a lot of non-Socionics related conditions.
    I agree with ashton on this one. Conflict happens at about the same rate, you just generally get the feeling you don't like the person or somethings off and your headed in the wrong direction, potential disaster.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well enough to say what I just did. And I know I don't think in terms of specific procedures, so if someone's looking for that kind of guidance, they're not going to get it from me.
    You probably do but just don't recognize it. It's likely that you won't think about them as correct procedures, just as "a nice idea about the way I think something might be done". Then some static-IJ type happens to hook into it and finds what he-she was looking for and uses it over and over (creation-creating).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I just tell people what the situation is and what their goal ought to be in the face of that. How they get there is up to them.
    Strange, usually it's the exact opposite for me. People can choose whatever goals they want, and I usually tell them what they should do based on that. It seems presumptuous to think that you can tell someone what their goals should be, but that's just me.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, boss is not so smart. If I were him I'd at least have combed through the books to get a good overview of the company's baseline operating expenses like payroll/associated costs, rent, taxes, interest charges, and depreciation, then draw up estimates of the particular expenses of doing what Bob needed so you could hit at least some minimum profit margin based off of the going rates in the industry, probably by doing some research in obtaining competitor quotes and studying their financials if they're a public company. I don't know how long he's been in the business or how the company's looking, so maybe he has at least some idea of what he's got to charge to turn acceptable profit, but it just sounds like he's playing fast and loose about it in a way that's asking to be taken advantage of.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that's why it's Te DS, which was the original point.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Te dual-seeking function

Te DS

The desire, wish, and want for someone to amass information, order it, determine what's important in what order, order actions and the way they should be carried out or worked.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record: Scapegrace is completely incapable of the above. That's why she's so intellectually inconsistent.

Everyone weep.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    For the record: Scapegrace is completely incapable of the above. That's why she's so intellectually inconsistent.

Everyone weep.
    Everyone is capable of reading and comprehending information Scape LOL.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Everyone is capable of reading and comprehending information Scape LOL.

Apparently not everyone.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Apparently not everyone.
    Well, within reason; excuse my generalization (Ne preference).
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*giggle cough*

I was referring to you. I said nothing about my reading comprehension skills.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

*giggle cough*

I was referring to you. I said nothing about my reading comprehension skills.
    Seemed like you were referring to yourself. So it's a misunderstanding.
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Seemed like you were referring to yourself. So it's a misunderstanding.
    I'm pretty sure you have a difficult time reading and amassing information, Maritsa. May I be so bold as to recommend hooked on phonics?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure you have a difficult time reading and amassing information, Maritsa. May I be so bold as to recommend hooked on phonics?
    No. I just take thing literally. Always have been. I was never really able to read books like Shogun because "the mountains are dark beyond the hills" meant just that and not the other side is lurking and is about to attack and kill us. For this reason, many English classes were not my favorite; I excelled and did very well in Math and History.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

an attraction to stoic dorky robot people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast