3 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Fiona Apple

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gammas do have a tendency to forcefully abide by their value systems, which can come off as self-righteous and morally stiff to other quadras. The same way Betas can forcefully abide by their own ideological systems. Gammas are quite capable of being very judgmental about other people's values .

I don't see why this is so controversial. If it's accepted that Beta's can be rigid in their beliefs, why isn't it accepted in Gamma's? Both are quadras.

Obviously the extent to which any of this is true will depend on the person should be taken into consideration along with other criteria when typing, but if you don't find even a hint of it, you should probably consider other possibilities as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because to me 'morality' typically conveys connotations of an 'ethical' code that comes from outside of the self, that the person's essentially indoctrinated with through religion or some other dogma, along with a mandate prescribing that everyone else should believe/behave the same ways.

It isn't like that at all. Yeah, values tend to be pretty serious for Gamma and of the highest importance—vital to life itself, even. But it's a code that comes from within, that applies only to one's self and is hence only true in context to the self. I don't expect anyone else to live by my expectations and I won't judge them as less for not doing so (though if they infringe on mine, we're going to have a problem). If I don't like another person's standards, I simply don't allow close relations with them—or if its bad enough, I'll avoid dealing with them entirely. Which doesn't necessarily involve a judgment of that person being good or bad (though some people are inherently good, some inherently bad). They're just different, and perhaps in a way that's bad for me personally. In which case it's pragmatic that I shouldn't waste time dealing with them because nothing of constructive worth is going to come out of it—in any personal/emotional/spiritual sense or what have you.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Gammas do have a tendency to forcefully abide by their value systems, which can come off as self-righteous and morally stiff to other quadras. The same way Betas can forcefully abide by their own ideological systems. Gammas are quite capable of being very judgmental about other people's values .

I don't see why this is so controversial. If it's accepted that Beta's can be rigid in their beliefs, why isn't it accepted in Gamma's? Both are quadras.

Obviously the extent to which any of this is true will depend on the person should be taken into consideration along with other criteria when typing, but if you don't find even a hint of it, you should probably consider other possibilities as well.
    This is pretty much true. I guess to me Beta Fe always has a way of being more purposeful than Gamma's Fi (which is more ideological in a quadral nature, not to say Fi ego isn't purposeful. it's just not thrown about how Fe is.), and at the same time Gamma's Te seems more purposeful than Beta's Ti. Though those are basically placing the functions themselves without the Ni/Se tinge. IEIs have a way of tapping more into Fi than EIEs do, especially in order to defend their Fe. But for ILIs, Fi is always an ethical necessity.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    Yeah, Beta looks/feels more synthetic and mechanical to me. They use emotions and emotional influence as a means to an end, and they do so deliberately. It seems wrong to me and I can't help but resent it; they really are like soulless robots in that way. I can't help but whenever someone's going on about how idealistic and passionate Beta is, when really the quadra is just full of fakeass pretentious bullshit.
    THANKS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post

i knew there was a reason i liked betas. and yeah agree with what you're saying.

every quadra is rigid about something, evil about something, loose about something, pedantic about something, pretentious about something....the list could go on.

that said fiona apple is awesome. she helped get me through my divorce. i used to sit in front of my computer and play her songs really loud and cry. if that's not Fe in the ego what the hell is.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often