Thread: I'M SO DONE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, man, I feel for you =[ I really do. This is horrible, to put someone through something like this! Ugh, the more I think about it, the angrier I get. It's as if they don't care about the other person's feelings... "don't call me, I'll call you" ?!?!? What the fuck... think about how confused and stressed you are making the other person.

To hell with this INFp, go and confront him, seriously. DO IT.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Aww, man, I feel for you =[ I really do. This is horrible, to put someone through something like this! Ugh, the more I think about it, the angrier I get. It's as if they don't care about the other person's feelings... "don't call me, I'll call you" ?!?!? What the fuck... think about how confused and stressed you are making the other person.

To hell with this INFp, go and confront him, seriously. DO IT.
    Yes, this is really horrible and I wish you didn't have to go through it. Maybe, as you said, the situation itself is telling you that he's not the one. If you really believe that, then confronting and breaking it off makes sense. But if you think there's hope here, something worth salvaging, then I would encourage you to wait. Even if that means waiting until after your camping trip. I know that sounds awful. Waiting can be the hardest thing. He's not showing you much respect right now but maybe if you show him that you can show him respect by waiting, he'll realize (later) how awful it was for you and won't do it again. But I also think that whatever you decide to do will be the right thing for you--the thing that you need to do. You have to be yourself!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the winner is.....

scarlettlux.

i called him. he called back right away. turns out he didn't feel worthy and thought that i was done. (he'd sort be on the right track here, note the name of the thread, lol). i didn't feel worthy either, so we were in a great place to talk.

we spent the day together and decided that we will never let more than 2-3 days go by without talking. that i need for him to tell me what's going on when he's stressed or at least let me know what he needs. that it's ok for him to set limits with me. that i need to listen better. that he needs to value himself more. huh.

next we are going to take on a project together....we will see if we can accomplish something together.

despite all the suffering on my part and his, this has been all very interesting.

in the end, you can't always go by what someone says. but by who you are and what they need.

who am i? i have to communicate.

thank you to everybody, it helped a lot!! :wink:

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you! I am so happy for you, it sounds like you're on the right track.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    and the winner is.....

scarlettlux.

i called him. he called back right away. turns out he didn't feel worthy and thought that i was done. (he'd sort be on the right track here, note the name of the thread, lol). i didn't feel worthy either, so we were in a great place to talk.

we spent the day together and decided that we will never let more than 2-3 days go by without talking. that i need for him to tell me what's going on when he's stressed or at least let me know what he needs. that it's ok for him to set limits with me. that i need to listen better. that he needs to value himself more. huh.

next we are going to take on a project together....we will see if we can accomplish something together.

despite all the suffering on my part and his, this has been all very interesting.

in the end, you can't always go by what someone says. but by who you are and what they need.

who am i? i have to communicate.

thank you to everybody, it helped a lot!! :wink:

:wink:

Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    wow. well, I'm glad it turned out. I'm surprised it did from what you said, but hey, guess you can't always know what's going on with someone else. How in the world did that work out - it just doesn't seem like it would have. If it had been me in your shoes, it would have ended badly. I guess this is why Eps go with Ips. You fit better together. Sorry - I realize that sounded odd - but I'm genuinely surprised. And I'm happy for you too. That's cool that you were able to work things out like that!
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. I was wrong i thought it was going to end badly as well

Good luck with it all! happy endings yay
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is why Eps go with Ips.
    Yeah, pretty much. Good luck diamond8!
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    wow. well, I'm glad it turned out. I'm surprised it did from what you said, but hey, guess you can't always know what's going on with someone else. How in the world did that work out - it just doesn't seem like it would have. If it had been me in your shoes, it would have ended badly. I guess this is why Eps go with Ips. You fit better together. Sorry - I realize that sounded odd - but I'm genuinely surprised. And I'm happy for you too. That's cool that you were able to work things out like that!
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. I was wrong i thought it was going to end badly as well

Good luck with it all! happy endings yay
    yes it is very surprising. when i called him i said, we have to talk. he said he was not done thinking. i said i'm done thinking and i can't take it anymore you have to come over. he said that he was not going to call figured it was over after that phone call. so it was a good thing i called. even though i was mad at him, i did some spiritual growing and was ready to look at things on a deeper level. something i never did in my marriage. didn't know how to do this when i was married.

what i really think is interesting about this is that the feedback i got differed based on the quadra the person was from. deltas were likely to see a power game, the need for me to make a determination on whether he is the right one, and for me to be empowered and self supporting and able to identify my own needs. basically the advice was let him go, don't play this game.

betas esp introverts were inclined to say wait it out. beta extraverts like fdg and scarlettlux (sorry scarlett, i think you're an enfj! :-) were inclined to say confront the situation.

the alpha response was limited but the extravert said confront the situation and the introvert said confront it but be careful how you go about it. now if sentineve is truly an intj (which i'm not sure about since i haven't seen that much Ti from him) that feedback would make a lot of sense coming from my mirror.

gamma: a little sidebar from our favorite entj and a little cheer at the end....plus some Fi oriented isfj advice....important to listen to.

so what am i trying to say exactly? well number one, the socion definitely grasps all sides of a relationship problem. that we will view problems through the lens of our own quadra values. and finally that our spirituality can help to transcend the socion and our own point of view. i had to transcend my attachment to my "needs". (just as a side note, since you don't know me IRL, i can get my needs met pretty easily, but with that Fi polr, it's hard for me to pinpoint the needs of others at certain times).

hmmmmm we knew this already didn't we? or is it so easy to forget? :wink:

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sentineneve
    They say you can't fit a peg into a hole. I'm so that I turn 's into 's . Yes, your mirror is just that .

Alternatively-
    I like to think of this place as one of my "developing people skills" places, not one of the places where I need to blast people repeatedly with . I've got plenty of practice with that, not so much practice with people skills.
    well that's interesting. you sound as though you could be older...

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear blaze, how did it everything turn out with the IEI, did this happen again other time? i hope is not rude, but can maybe help me in my current situation to know your answer

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you just sound so pissed off i dont want to mess with you.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I approve of this topic being randomly bumped after two and a half years.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread reminds me of how fucking awesome I am.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand though...how do you just sit back and assume the relationship is over without having a definite yes or no? I could never do that if I cared about the person. I could never sit back and think 'okay, i guess we're over'. It seems so strange to me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Blaze would mind me saying that she's still with IEI and it's going well.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    This thread reminds me of how fucking awesome I am.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenoritaC View Post
    dear blaze, how did it everything turn out with the IEI, did this happen again other time? i hope is not rude, but can maybe help me in my current situation to know your answer
    wow i had fun reading this thread...i remember this entire incident so clearly, too. to answer your question senioritac, infpman and i are still an item...we moved in together about a year ago. the incident referenced in this thread was one of about 8 or so that unfolded over a two year period. i now understand it as negotiation of our contract with one another. these were fights worth having.

if i had not followed the advice of scarlettlux on precisely the day that i did, the relationship would have been over. this is because infpman lost a family member in a horrible way the day after we had made up. it was a very hard time for him and if we had not reconnected right then, we would have gone our separate ways without a doubt. as it was, i was able to support him during a very difficult time.

at this point we are together over 3 years and can say anything to each other. <3<3<3.

and, scarlettlux, you actually are awesome!!! you go!

ILE

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    if i had not followed the advice of scarlettlux on precisely the day that i did, the relationship would have been over. this is because infpman lost a family member in a horrible way the day after we had made up. it was a very hard time for him and if we had not reconnected right then, we would have gone our separate ways without a doubt. as it was, i was able to support him during a very difficult time.

at this point we are together over 3 years and can say anything to each other. <3<3<3.
    Wow, this is probably the most positive thing that has resulted form the16types ever. Good for this thread.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze = SLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread just totally made my day I'm happy it turned out well in the end!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww so you weren't really done after all.....good news

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i had fun reading this thread...i remember this entire incident so clearly, too. to answer your question senioritac, infpman and i are still an item...we moved in together about a year ago. the incident referenced in this thread was one of about 8 or so that unfolded over a two year period. i now understand it as negotiation of our contract with one another. these were fights worth having.

and, scarlettlux, you actually are awesome!!! you go!
    Wow I feel important, like I did something

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, to the world she is only worth one person, but to her it means a world.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never encountered anyone quite like Blaze. Her education continues.....as does mine.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by infpman View Post
    I've never encountered anyone quite like Blaze. Her education continues.....as does mine.
    Relationships can teach us an incredible amount, if we're willing to learn. Anyway, Glad to hear you and Blaze are doing well.
    Last edited by squark; 08-14-2011 at 08:59 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

C'mon people I'm dying here. No I didn't ask any questions, but you know comments??!! Does this sound like the illusionary relationship it is?? WTF are my needs realistic? Give me some insight into why I should or should not do this.

jeez. what do I have to do? jump up and down???

hummm....illusionary? and waiting? what are you waiting for?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Honestly, in this case scenario, you gotta think -- what would the Dual do?

ESTps. They would be like.. fuck this shit! And call the INFp, demanding to know what is wrong.
    Exactly. SLE still calls me everyday, and If I don't answer he'll call & text off the chain until I pick up. Whenever I do answer he's never upset or angry; he's always just really happy that I've answered and he'll say things like "Thank you for picking up! I miss you babe!" and this always makes me smile.

He has absolutely no problem with my allusive behavior because he literally forces me to communicate with him.
    block his number.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    hey, to the world she is only worth one person, but to her it means a world.

you're only one person, but you're still annoying.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by infpman View Post
    i'm so not done.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at 5 years 4 months, we are officially done. Infpman packed his clothes and moved out yesterday. I do not think we wanted the same things....

ILE

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at 5 years 4 months, we are officially done. Infpman packed his clothes and moved out yesterday. I do not think we wanted the same things....
    Blaze, I read some of your posts when I first joined the forum and was concerned about my own IEI-ILE illusionary relationship due to depressing Socionics prognoses; they helped give me hope for my future with my boyfriend. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences with your boyfriend despite the pain involved. I hope that you find what you are searching for in your quest for spiritual growth.

Creepy-pokeball

I'm sorry for this loss, Blaze. Maybe Squark's comments further up this thread from some time ago may ring true in the future.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really have no idea what this whole ordeal was all about, but reading your OP forced me into doing internal damage control for my own issues.

I'm sorry to hear :/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the comments helps tremendously at a time like this. I do feel like we tried hard.

FWIW, there was some socionics truth in this relationship, and some big non socionics factors. Example,
    It took us a long time to agree on things to do.....and we could not agree on how to do them.

It came to a point of being 50% good and 50% bad. Not great odds, very hard to stay OR go. When it was good, it was great, I love so many things about him. But certain areas.....just couldn't connect or reconcile. Important areas!

My ESE friend told me yesterday that relationships have to end badly, or they don't end. Kind of like what Starfall was saying.

I would not want to make any predictions for anybody else, due to the influence of non socionics factors. Pistol shrimp, if things are going well for you and ILE, then let there be joy in that.

As squark and jadae point out, there's always learning. I want to be able to share a rich and vibrant life with my partner, to have activities we enjoy doing together and some we do separately, to have a supportive emotionally open process, a great sex life, a circle of friends we enjoy together, and an overall growth vector, always improving.

This relationship had some of these things, but not all. And the ones that were missing made true happiness impossible on a practical level. I remain so grateful for the time we had together and how we helped each other. It hurts to let this one go.

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh I just wanna say here, something that was said in another thread, and that is that no relationship has to be seen as a failure just because it didn't last forever. I think that when love was shared and you truly helped one another and grew from the experience, it was a good thing. YES every relationship ending is hard, and it hurts. But we move beyond that to something stronger and different. Nothing grows forever! Not a relationship or an economy or a business... there are always endings. But that's okay. Then we start something new. xoxo
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are sentimental failures.

Mostly very boring and prone to excuse driven decision making/counter rationalisation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast