Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFj-ESTj duality examples and stories (EII-LSE)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    what a nice scene! Claudia is such a likea-able character. Is she typical of INFJs? Or is she showing more emotion because of the drugs? It seems like INFJs are usually more held back with that quiet calm/not showing much emotion. Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    basically, claudia is not a hugely typical EII; she has some problems with her life.
    that was kind of a blow-over on claudia. essentially, not to give too much away, there are some stressful events which take place in the movie which may tend to explain her present emotional state. although not very much is depicted about her outside of a period of time when these events are taking place, so it's hard to compare if this is simply a period of extensive turmoil or not.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    that's actually a really good one, probably one of the better examples i've seen. i agree on claudia being EII (now everyone disagree because claudia likes to party etc.)
    I can see her as EII
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have to see this movie! Without that background it's hard to say, but LSE and EII seem to be very plausible on first view.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i should also perhaps mention to anyone interested in watching it that the majority of this movie does not necessarily focus on these two characters. they're important, but only as important as a number of other stories going on at the same time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. From the first clip I definitely can see LSE for Jim (not sure about Claudia).
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i PM'd this to eunice a few days ago and she hasn't responded
    I have responded to your PM yesterday morning.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i received no such response. can you resend it?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pm scam
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i received no such response. can you resend it?
    ok. Sent.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't have expected that. I mean, for one, her IJ temperament. She looks more like an EP or even an EJ. Two, I don't think the Fi or the Ne is very evident. I don't really see any functions standing out for her to be honest.

I can see his being an LSE.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I wouldn't have expected that. I mean, for one, her IJ temperament. She looks more like an EP or even an EJ. Two, I don't think the Fi or the Ne is very evident. I don't really see any functions standing out for her to be honest.

FWIW, she reminds me of myself when I had no idea where I was going with my life. Plus she's coked out. I lack the greater context of the film however.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

The clip made me think "hmm...I wonder if I could be INFJ because sometimes I act like that." So maybe there is some E in there. Or P. Or maybe when INFJs are on drugs and freak out that's how they act.

I do know an INFJ who freaks out at times, but she still seems J in spite of it. It's a very controlled, somewhat planned type of freaking out (thought I'm sure the INFJ wouldn't see it that way). As if the INFJ is thinking "this is my designated time to freak out, and after that I have a 3pm appointment. Where as when an ENFP freaks out, even I don't know what I'm about to do/say. And often am like "hmm. wonder why I just did/said that."

This morning I had a somewhat similar scene w/ an ESTJ, except no drugs and not as dramatic. But there was that whole girl about to rush off, guy grabs arm, etc. Girl rushes off in train station, guy calls after and says blah blah blah. etc. I kinda think he just liked the attention and pissed me off on purpose. He made fun of my shoes for like 10 minutes and said they were ugly. It was unclear he was joking. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post a picture of your shoe and we'll tell you whether he was joking... *grin*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Post a picture of your shoe and we'll tell you whether he was joking... *grin*
    hahha! well it was just a basic black ballet flat. Can't really go wrong with a black ballet flat. Or so I thought...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought the girl, joy, from happiness (which, imo, is a bit like magnolia on crack) could be INFj as well. seems like a sort of INF character, at least. she comes off as awkwardly attempting to maintain peace throughout the whole film.

eh, wow, here's the whole film on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlancoTigre2
    Last edited by implied; 03-06-2008 at 07:48 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that Jim guy.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I like that Jim guy.
    i liked him quite a bit as well. maybe my fave char in the movie aside from donnie, who i related with most. hah.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i liked him quite a bit as well. maybe my fave char in the movie aside from donnie, who i related with most. hah.
    I must say, that girl is very annoying though ... all spazzy and whatnot. Though I am sure it is understandable in the context of the entire movie, but just in that clip without prior knowledge ... definitely not cool.

I dunno, I would really appreciate someone like Jim in respect to his calmness, balance and such. At least he appears to be. It's like he could give me answers to all my emotional turmoil/confusion.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I must say, that girl is very annoying though ... all spazzy and whatnot. Though I am sure it is understandable in the context of the entire movie, but just in that clip without prior knowledge ... definitely not cool.

I dunno, I would really appreciate someone like Jim in respect to his calmness, balance and such. At least he appears to be. It's like he could give me answers to all my emotional turmoil/confusion.
    ah, i liked him 'cause he seems like a guy who would do the right thing, you know, or who has quite a big heart in spite of his rather terse demeanor. ahaha.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically, claudia is not a hugely typical EII; she has some problems with her life. jim i think is an excellent example of LSE. he's very pragmatic, unemotional, and honest and forthright in most of his advice, and from talking to claudia you can clearly tell his emphasis on interpersonal connection as well as his lack of confidence (Te blundering, if you will) in initiating it. one thing is that his is real Te rather than Se and Ti; his approach to helping claudia is to give her practical solutions rather than try to defend her or motivate her at all costs, which is something that seems apparent from the people you've noted as LSE. his demeanor in helping claudia with her problems is a really good indication of LSE; he demonstrates his value for Fi by acting the part of the extrovert, discussing his own problems with her and offering a "steady" emotional base of support for claudia and continuing to emphasize the instrinsic value and importance of their relationship.
    Yeah, I agree with this analysis. Great find.

Still on Claudia's type, and her being EII rather than IEE, there is the following -- his first interactions with her is him essentially criticising her Si - on the loud music, whether she wants to go deaf, and having the TV on at the same time. That seems to annoy her a bit. I think LIIs and EIIs don't like so overly direct criticisms on their HA, even from duals, if the implication is "does he think I can't take care of myself?". An IEE would be more likely to welcome the input more obviously.

I think messed-up EII makes perfect sense for her.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    that's 'cos he is ISTj.
    you really just don't care at all, do you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found this movie uploaded onto youtube, if anyone is interested:

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I should see this film. I found this scene..moving...it takes a lot of courage to open up when you are afraid.
    Last edited by Ver; 07-01-2012 at 02:37 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

OMG, this thread is full of BS.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12