Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INTps enneagram type 5w4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Judgemental Hitta

Hitta, you come across as painfully judgemental to me.

If you investigated the subject, you would find that Ennegram 5 is easily the most common correlation for an INTP. Is it really so hard for you to imagine that many of them are 5w4? Yes, apparently. You say, "If they say they are 5w4 they are probably mistyped INTJs." In other words, everyone who disagress with my pre-conceived notions must be wrong. Tut, tut. 5w4s are intuitive and artistic. The N in INTP stands for intuition in case you forgot. Most INTPs love music and many are quite aesthetic. It is indeed a very common correlation.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude this thread is going on three years old.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How nostalgic... I remember when hitta used to talk about how INTps couldn't feel true love.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that people confuse 5 with Ni way too much

"withdrawing-powerseeking"

"OOH IT MUST BE INTROVERTED AND SE SEEKING BECAUSE SE IS POWERZ AND SO 5'S ARE NI DOMINANT."
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who? I think they have some general similarities in tactical expression, but ultimately 5s are intensively active when it concerns intellectual matters, whereas Ni-base types are more passive and anticipatory. The former makes a controlled effort to obviate events and situations that the latter either passively endures or blows off.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will not name them, but there are plenty who make this mistake.

I agree with you btw.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess would be that some Ni 5s would use the respective ideas in a feedback loop; passive speculation begets detachment, which is justified by the mental creations and solidified through absorption in subjective perceptions, etc.; i.e., "My world is completely secure." -- as cut off.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Though I don't really buy into socionics, I still subscribe to the same view, just I should word what I was trying to say a bit different.

About INTps not being able to love, a lot of people misinterpreted what I meant by that. Everyone loves, everyone hates; its just the intellectual foundation of which INTps "love" is based on. INTps are critical, fault finding specimen. They have a narrow view of the world in which they are trying to find the perfect operating habitat. When it comes to spousal and mate selection, they tend to look at the person in a "shrinking" or "enclosing" manner in which they are trying to segregate the flaws and isolate themselves with their concept of perfection. INTjs approach "love" from a more all inclusive parameter; they try to remove the perfect habitat from the equation and replace it with a more "complete love". The point I was trying to make about INTps not being able to love was more or less about the INTps having a hard to finding the perfect mate because of the flaws that they see in every object.

I think this view is somewhat skewed though, which is why I don't completelying into socionics no longer. I believe peoples idealizations of situations "overlap" both of the scenarios and people tend to have both shrinking and expanding views on different things(depending on the person). Socionics is a very idealized scenario, which can't be completely bought into if one is to understand the human experience.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Though I don't really buy into socionics, I still subscribe to the same view, just I should word what I was trying to say a bit different.

About INTps not being able to love, a lot of people misinterpreted what I meant by that. Everyone loves, everyone hates; its just the intellectual foundation of which INTps "love" is based on. INTps are critical, fault finding specimen. They have a narrow view of the world in which they are trying to find the perfect operating habitat. When it comes to spousal and mate selection, they tend to look at the person in a "shrinking" or "enclosing" manner in which they are trying to segregate the flaws and isolate themselves with their concept of perfection. INTjs approach "love" from a more all inclusive parameter; they try to remove the perfect habitat from the equation and replace it with a more "complete love". The point I was trying to make about INTps not being able to love was more or less about the INTps having a hard to finding the perfect mate because of the flaws that they see in every object.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I think that people confuse 5 with Ni way too much
    Yeah. I see this too.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Who? I think they have some general similarities in tactical expression, but ultimately 5s are intensively active when it concerns intellectual matters, whereas Ni-base types are more passive and anticipatory. The former makes a controlled effort to obviate events and situations that the latter either passively endures or blows off.
    Agreed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12