Thread: Anti Fi Rant

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tov
    What? Are you seriously that much of an asshole that you threw a hissy fit over being asked to do something as simple as fill a shampoo bottle for your mom?
    Now my brother does this shit when asked to do anything and will even go as far as to leave when someone is about to ask for something. I've come close plenty of
    times to kicking his ass and I think that is what you need. I hope you do not ever ask for anything because remember you are entitled to nothing.
    You really think I would complain about filling up a shampoo bottle just for the sake of laziness? I helped this woman floor, roof and decorate two houses that are now valued at nearly a million dollars each. Can you roof a house? Can you lay hardwood and tile (terracotta or white ceramic) flooring? Still wanna say that I'm lazy?

The point is not that she asked me to do it; what I take exception with is the fact that she tried to MAKE me do it, and when that didn't work, she tried to GUILT me into doing it. Me, I hesitate to ask any kind of favor from anyone in the first place, and when I do, I never ASSUME that I'll get what I ask for, unless it's owed me. THAT, imo, would be a reasonable and considerate approach to the situation. Sorry if that's beyond you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    What? Are you seriously that much of an asshole that you threw a hissy fit over being asked to do something as simple as fill a shampoo bottle for your mom?
    Now my brother does this shit when asked to do anything and will even go as far as to leave when someone is about to ask for something. I've come close plenty of
    times to kicking his ass and I think that is what you need. I hope you do not ever ask for anything because remember you are entitled to nothing.
    You really think I would complain about filling up a shampoo bottle just for the sake of laziness? I helped this woman floor, roof and decorate two houses that are now valued at nearly a million dollars each. Can you roof a house? Can you lay hardwood and tile (terracotta or white ceramic) flooring? Still wanna say that I'm lazy?

The point is not that she asked me to do it; what I take exception with is the fact that she tried to MAKE me do it, and when that didn't work, she tried to GUILT me into doing it. Me, I hesitate to ask any kind of favor from anyone in the first place, and when I do, I never ASSUME that I'll get what I ask for, unless it's owed me. THAT, imo, would be a reasonable and considerate approach to the situation. Sorry if that's beyond you.
    exactly how i think.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, they're just trying to strengthen the relationship I think... or something like that.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a pretty fucking strange and superficial idea about what comprises relationships to me. But yeah, that is the point...I think: "Do this for me so I know you love me."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a pretty fucking strange and superficial idea about what comprises relationships to me. But yeah, that is the point...I think: "Do this for me so I know you love me."
    thats not even remotely the point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

exactly how i think.
    Yes.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Oh, please excuse me for thinking that I know my mother better than you. I forgot that you took lessons at the Hugo School of Stalkery.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, please excuse me for thinking that I know my mother better than you. I forgot that you took lessons at the Hugo School of Stalkery.
    you are eating an egg with a spoon made out of D batteries at this very second. yesterday you went to the grocery store to buy milk and celery. you have exactly 6 #2 pencils on your desk right now.

now do you believe me?

Creepy-bg

is stalkery the right word? my spellchecker says it doesn't exhist. btw will you fill the ketchup bottle for me?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1.0398299329289301920938244901029831920919299*10^ .3988208

Creepy-bg

I object to this thread.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the very concept of "celebrity" annoys me

Creepy-bg

that's alright since I'm sure the very concept of you annoys most celebrities.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Pointing just tires your arms out - the Sun is over THERE.

Creepy-bg

I object to this thread.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Rudolph, WHY did you have to leave? They don't love you...they just laugh at you, and call you names...

Creepy-bg

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why does it always rain on me? Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?

Creepy-bg

I'm the bigfooted devil of Level 14, who'll try to gouge with me? I weigh seven pounds in zero gravity, *gouge with me*!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Here am I floating round my tin can
    Far above the Moon
    Planet Earth is blue
    And there's nothing I can do

Creepy-bg

checkmate

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The chess board is already alight - the revolution has begun. People are taking to the streets right at this moment - they can sense it too.

Creepy-bg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eXFeW0aI0[/youtube]

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Stilton cheese isn't even MADE in Stilton.

Creepy-bg

stay on topic please

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Karma police, arrest this man, he talks in maths
    He buzzes like a fridge, he's like a detuned radio

Karma police, I've given all I can, it's not enough
    I've given all I can, but we're still on the payroll
    This is what you get, this is what you get
    This is what you get, when you mess with us

And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself
    And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself

For a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself

Creepy-bg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sh_VuxYqBY[/youtube]

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    I'm tired of reading the same prejudice over and over. Fi's not about "just because". That's a very simplistic view on it.

Like I explained in annother thread, Ti is exclusionist and Fi inclusionist. For that reason Ti types think like this:

"If I have 10 coins and I give 2 to my sister and 3 to my brother, then I'm left with 5".

While Fi types think like this:

"My brother, sister and I are members of a group (a family). If I give them half of my coins, we still have 10 as a group."

But not only that. If instead of ten coins I had a billion, it's very likely that I would keep most of them stored, idle. If I give the coins I don't need to others, those coins are put to a good use, and thus the amount of coins inside the group will raise. That's Te, since Te cares for net profit as much as it cares for efficiency.
    I thought was about both excluding and including, while was about neither excluding nor including.
    Using your analogy, wouldn't make a distinction whether the 5 coins were given to a bum on the street or to his/her brother, while would pay more attention to who the coins were given to, but wouldn't really notice how many were given.
    INTj

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that kind of exclusion. It's a tendency to simplify the decision process. Imagine that we have a sentence:

"Today is raining and blue says I can't go out."

Ti reaction: 'blue' is misplaced.
    Fi reaction: 'blue' means both a color and a person. Since the sentence doesn't make sense with the color, then it must be refering to a person.

Ti complains because it considers only the given sentence, without a wider context. Fi takes into account both the sentence and our knowledge about the person we're talking with.

Obviously, the boundaries between the complexity of Ti and the simplicity of Fi depend on each individual.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tired of reading the same prejudice over and over. Fi's not about "just because". That's a very simplistic view on it.

"Today is raining and blue says I can't go out."

Ti reaction: 'blue' is misplaced.

We're not going anywhere aren't we?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

above is a typical entp-enfp discussion. it always goes nowhere.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this goes beyond quadra values ... it's a matter of common decency. I agree with you on this. Although, I can see how ISFjs may be more susceptible to exercise this vice than others (and maybe, not even realize it???)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Although, I can see how ISFjs may be more susceptible to exercise this vice than others (and maybe, not even realize it???)
    My ISFj aunt does that to me. I usually don't mind it although sometimes I 'm like wtf are you ordering me? can't you be polite and ask? ... but... I want to be reliable to her, so I usually don't mind it. I want her to know she can count on me anytime/for anything even though I don't exactly live up to my expectations (of myself) as I 'd like to. (At least I try...)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12