Thread: Do Deltas withdraw from emotionally expressive people?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Deltas withdraw from emotionally expressive people if they feel like the expression of other people's emotions impedes their ability to be aware of their own. Beta emotionality often feels way too over the top for me, even overbearing and painfully intrusive. It feels like it carries with it a sense of self-righteous justification that isn't allowed to be questioned. That last part is especially true for Betas who have lived in a uniform environment and haven't had to adjust to others.

In other words, Beta emotionality can feel like an imposition.

Betas themselves are prone to believing that those who don't support the emotional environment and those who don't openly and overtly show their will are somehow immoral or possessed of malicious intent. They are seen as not contributing as they should. In Beta, you have to approach, shake hands, kowtow, and make nice to be acceptable. They realize it's all a game, but they get their feelings rather deeply hurt if you don't play. The "manly show of force" is how Betas tell if someone else is trustworthy, because healthy Se can mean positive Ni, etc.

It's always odd to me how Betas can express positive emotionality and not actually be in agreement with someone else. Strong valued Fe lets you kiss a lot of ass and make people think you like them. Lol!
    Last edited by Aramas; 06-19-2019 at 05:26 AM.