Quote Originally Posted by Cone
I'm sorry if I upset you, Cheerio, but it's just that I dislike people telling me about the philosophy of existence from their viewpoint. I do have reassurance, but unlike you guys, it's a belief, not a truth. But it this statement that leads me to discuss the true reason of why I don't like you guys talking about this stuff (and why I've tried to stay away from this topic.)

The more I age, the more I realize that I have this deep, dark fear of something that you guys take for granted. And do you know what that is? Logic. Pure impersonal logic. As I grow up, I am realizing more and more of how much I dislike any science, whether it be chemistry, biology, neuroscience, quantum physics, computers, and yes, even Socionics. It seems to me that the more I work to figure out Socionics, the more I subconsciously work against it. The more we try to understand it, the more impersonal it becomes. It becomes just another tool to understand something special and sacred in terms of pure, cold logic. With the direction that the sciences are going, I just feel that something bad is going to happen. I don't know what it is, but I know it's there.

This may be extremist and you may hate me for this, but I'll say it anyway: I hope Socionics is never proven and never introduced into America. And for some reason, I think all of this is the subconscious reason of why so many INTps hate Socionics.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
Why do you hate all science and logic?

Do you think we are heading for something Frankensteinian? A horrible invention that somehow works, but weirdly, and why would we want it to?

I think emotional life and science has to merge somehow. That's where I see the next great quantum leap as being. Social science (my area) has probably gone as far as it is going to go, because there's only so much you can "prove" in social science. My field has just about reached the maximum state of knowledge about the research process, although there are many things which still need to be researched as well as other areas have been researched.

At a young age, I decided to pursue a career in social work and at many points I have berated myself for this decision, what with taking out huge student loans, only to find myself beleagured by debt and a lower income than other professionals with Master's degrees. More importantly, I have been frustrated with the soft sciences and their attempts to quantify human nature and social systems. I have often wondered whether I would have made a better lawyer or natural scientist, especially over the last five years or so. I wonder, why didn't I push myself harder, and pursue a "real" science. More recently, I've had a breakthrough, where I've renewed my committment to my field and am no longer considering a change or highly divergent options and I find myself feeling better.

I don't really know where I am going with this except to ask you Cone, about whether you think you might be just questioning your value system, as I have questioned mine. Whether you are simply seeing the limitations of "science" and "logic" and seeing strengths in the emotional/relational/spiritual world of the unprovable or unquantifiable.