Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
From my experience with ISFJs they try to hide their F side and can often seem T, because they're not comfortable with their emotions and feelings. That's my experience, I was always trying to get her to open up about her emotions, express her feelings, etc. I guess that was my supervisor role kicking in?
WHOA!

Yes, that's her too! She does tend to "appear" T. She thinks she's a logical T (tested ESTJ, only slightly T though), her friends would most likely see her as a T, but really, I think she's really an F. Yes, when we were first dating she was very hesitant to share feelings on things and I had to drag things out of her. She has a very domineering ESTJ father and I think any expression of emotion was considered to be a weakness, and she learned to hide her emotions and not let them out as a result. She doesn't have too much of a problem expressing feelings now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
Don't worry. I'm over having something against ISFJs, I really am. But I believe it would be very easy to mistake one as T, but they all seem to match their profiles quite accurately. If you can live with an ISFJ for 9 years, I'd say it's a very good chance that you're ENTJ.
oh no worries, I don't get offended by that. There seems to be a lot of hatred for SJs on almost any MBTI/socionics forum I've been too, particularly from N's. I understand where a lot of it comes from (usually domineering parent SJs clashing with their N kids, or a boss at work). I haven't been jaded like that, or had an ex-SJ, but I know that other people have so I understand where they're coming from and why they feel the way they do. I guess that's my empathic at work.