Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: rmcnew has me almost convinced I'm ENTj/ENxj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear, mudslinging is a brilliant way to argue, isn't it? Everyone but a particular guy who can't take a justified comment on his supposed age has argued in a civil and honest way. Certainly makes you win the argument, doesn't it?

On the whole I must say that SteveENTj has argued well in this thread. Of course Reuben's writings are not the socionics equvialent of the gospel, which I hope everyone understands. Instead they are to be taken as material which one can study if needed. The important thing is not that everything in them is completely new. As the material avalible in English today is very small, ANY material is helpful for the newcomer, as long as one is aware of that it indeed in many ways IS second hand material. Unfortunately people might accidently reach the wrong conclusion when reading these boards as, unfortunately, many of the knowledgable members are completely silent in a lot of threads, perhaps in particular the "What is my type threads?" which is where a lot of newcomers start out. In fact many people might only read them, so if if Reuben and Rocky are the only ones posting, what impression do you think people will get?

Waddlesworth does make some VERY good points too, basically I agree with your general view on the "studies" on socionics on this forum. It just a bit sad that so many people on these boards seems to have a need to "compete" and make their e-penis longer based on their contributions. This rivalry can only have a detriminal effect, and I believe the same attitude can be observed in multiple cases on the board. Perhaps you are a little pessimistic sometimes?

(FYI I have visited this board sporadically for perhaps a year, although not very often so I am not exactly a "post rmcnew" person, just couldn't be bothered to post or study the subject extensively)

Creepy-marcus the maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdallr
    Oh dear, mudslinging is a brilliant way to argue, isn't it? Everyone but a particular guy who can't take a justified comment on his supposed age has argued in a civil and honest way. Certainly makes you win the argument, doesn't it?

On the whole I must say that SteveENTj has argued well in this thread. Of course Reuben's writings are not the socionics equvialent of the gospel, which I hope everyone understands. Instead they are to be taken as material which one can study if needed. The important thing is not that everything in them is completely new. As the material avalible in English today is very small, ANY material is helpful for the newcomer, as long as one is aware of that it indeed in many ways IS second hand material. Unfortunately people might accidently reach the wrong conclusion when reading these boards as, unfortunately, many of the knowledgable members are completely silent in a lot of threads, perhaps in particular the "What is my type threads?" which is where a lot of newcomers start out. In fact many people might only read them, so if if Reuben and Rocky are the only ones posting, what impression do you think people will get?

Waddlesworth does make some VERY good points too, basically I agree with your general view on the "studies" on socionics on this forum. It just a bit sad that so many people on these boards seems to have a need to "compete" and make their e-penis longer based on their contributions. This rivalry can only have a detriminal effect, and I believe the same attitude can be observed in multiple cases on the board. Perhaps you are a little pessimistic sometimes?

(FYI I have visited this board sporadically for perhaps a year, although not very often so I am not exactly a "post rmcnew" person, just couldn't be bothered to post or study the subject extensively)

and who are you...a referee?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really claimed that my type and relationship descriptions @ socion.info were to be the only source for english socionics material. It really is intended in a way to be a collective mediatory site that has more of an american/western feel to it and also someone can use in conjunction to socionics.com. So, do not blame me for playing into american based psychological stereotype [the familiar MBTI style] a little bit. Plus, another goal is the centralization of socionics information and access to quick refrences, something that socionics.com does not provide for people at all let alone newcomers to the theory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case you directed that to me, it was what you just said that I meant was the merits of your site...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I never really claimed that my type and relationship descriptions @ socion.info were to be the only source for english socionics material. It really is intended in a way to be a collective mediatory site that has more of an american/western feel to it and also someone can use in conjunction to socionics.com. So, do not blame me for playing into american based psychological stereotype [the familiar MBTI style] a little bit. Plus, another goal is the centralization of socionics information and access to quick refrences, something that socionics.com does not provide for people at all let alone newcomers to the theory.
    Why don't you freaking put that whole paragraph on the site then!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Why don't you freaking put that whole paragraph on the site then!
    I actually thought of doing that the other night after I wrote this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234