Thread: Quasi-identical differences: IEI-INFp and EII-INFj

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux

Oh, and I forgot one huge thing: I can NOT "relllllllllllax" as the Ego and Dual seeking types all want... gosh, the whole idea of people telling me to relax annoys me.
    Don't you want to just throttle them? I've gone off on tirades just to prove a point about that. :wink:
    I don't even like people telling me to relax, and I usually get people from gamma saying it so, IDK about that.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII vs IEI

I want to compare and contrast these two with examples to help me get closer to typing myself, but also to help me better distinguish the two types.

I am reading this thread: http://the16types.info/vbulletin/sho...55&mode=linear and as a side thought after reading a little bit of the thread, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the relationship between these types from a Socionics sense and trying to apply what I know practically. This page gives me some ideas of the MBTI contrast and sense, and I can tell you what I identify with, but I'll withhold that for the moment.

Name me something (a sentiment, a saying, anything) that an EII would say/do that an IEI would never be caught saying/doing. Vice versa.

Random questions of things that have occured that I've been working through:

How does an EII/IEI handle short term tasks as far as dedication? What I mean by that is say a friend asks for a hand in assistance with something. How much energy is the EII/IEI willing to exhaust to see to it that it gets done?

How does an EII/IEI handle longer term tasks as far as dedication? An example would be following through on New Year's Resolutions, or saying something like "I will dedicate myself this year to working out three times a week"

What are other aspects that I can't think of at the moment between the two that can be distinguished differentiated (similar to how this was done on the linked thread)?

Basically, I just want real-world examples that I can say "yes that is me" or "no that is not me" to when comparing EII and IEI.

Is there another thread on this that is slipping past my searches? :-/
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not IEI. If not EII, maybe IEE.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp traits observable in INFjs?

Are the following traits manifested/observed in many EII's as well ? I've been reading about the infj/p confusion, and am wondering if these particular traits are also commonly present with EIIs

Particularly, I've noted here that many self-described IEI report various traits of spaciness, passivity, shyness, nonassertiveness and the tendency to "go along" with more willful personalities.
    Last edited by Ali; 08-22-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: bold-ed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, EIIs come off more as 'calm' and IEIs as 'dreamy.'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INFjs I know aren't aggressive or assertive, but neither can they be described by those characteristics. From my perspective, they seem to know who they are and what they want. They seem to resist pressure, in a quiet and unassuming way. They're simply quite steadfast. They don't make a fuss or try to force people to come around to their perspective, but neither do they 'go along' with opinions and ideas they don't agree with, just because the espouser of those ideas is 'forceful'.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and do EII's also show a hot-cold response when dating ? vis a vis the IEI-estp kind of thing i havent found being mentioned for EII's in the delta forum but i think i read it on some russian forum..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Particularly, I've noted here that many self-described IEI report various traits of spaciness, passivity, shyness, nonassertiveness and the tendency to "go along" with more willful personalities.
    I'm sure I've registered my disagreement with these descriptors elsewhere on this forum.

I've never really been "spacy" or "passive" although when I was younger, I could probably have been described as "shy" (although really, it was more insecurity and self-consciousness). I've never "gone along". I am very willful in my own right, but am not comfortable with open confrontation. Passive resistance or opting out is more my tactic. Nonassertive, mm... I guess I'd have to cop to that. My normal default is inertia.

No one could ever have described me as agreeable.

These descriptors perhaps describe the enneagram 9 IEI or may be more SEI than IEI, imo.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs are unstable when it comes about Se. They can be over aggressive and openly defiant. Weak Se doesn't make them passive; rather, it makes them to have little ability to control themselves. Strong Se is more about self control than control over others.

EIIs are far more reasonable than IEIs. IEIs are somewhat rebellious and find it hard to compromise. Si valuing quadras are far more agreegable than Se valuing quadras.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am curious about your avatar. What does it mean mm?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    I am curious about your avatar. What does it mean mm?
    A loved girl of mine. She lives in Russia. And if you find her a bit awkward, it's because she's ILI and expressiveness doesn't come naturally to her.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default infj infp theory

here's a question, between nife and fine. For the infj, he uses extroverted intuition to intuit information about people, and then recreates them in introverted feeling..ie, he can internally SUBJECTIVELY feel the character, thought etc of people, group, situation. INFP on the other hand uses extroverted feeling - ie, they SUBJECTIVELY take in emotional information from an emotional circumstance (ie, any circumstances is seen in subjective emotional terms) and then try to intuit meaning/information out of it. is this correct?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

INFjs expect others to follow rules and to behave properly and they let people know about this . INFps intuitively know what others feel and change their feelings by using , in a subtle way
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII vs IEI

Hey I'll just like to hear from an EII's point of view, what is it like in your shoes? How is it like to be Fi-leading? Some practical examples instead of just theoretical stuff would be helpful

Same goes for IEI, I'd like to hear how it's like in your shoes and how Ni-leading feels like.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only speak for myself, so what I post may not be synonymous with other EII’s.

I’ve always been rather timid, shy and overly sensitive, which led me to be an avoidant. In other words, I’m frightened of being hurt, so I will avoid unnecessary, and sometimes necessary, situations where that could happen.
    The type of hurt I’m referring to is not just in the extreme sense, but something as simple as the way a person addresses me; if I sense that they’re displeased with me, even if they actually aren‘t.
    For the same reason, I tend to be precocious around people, particularly people I don’t know, walking on egg shells around them so I don’t offend or disturb them, thus both not hurting anyone else and also to protect myself. I tend to make myself ‘invisible’ by not doing, saying, or wearing anything that will draw attention, which is also part of my whole self-preservation mechanism

Because of this, every relation I’ve had has been initiated by the other party, as I don’t approach people unless they’re direct, somehow, that I’m “wanted“. The odd time that I will initiate someone is when I sense that they need someone, such as when they appear hurt/scared/lonely, etc, in which case I’ll tepidly attempt to interact with them.

I’ve always been a quite person, preferring to spend a lot of time on my own, unless I go somewhere unfamiliar, in which case I prefer to have someone else with me. I like when someone initiates doing something with me, like "Let's go do this" or "Do you want to go here with me?"
    I’m pretty emotionally monotonous most of the time, I have my silly periods where I can be rather goofy and animated but that’s only when I feel that way, I can’t put on an act, so to speak, or even smile if I don’t feel like it. I rarely ever smile with my teeth showing, unless I’m laughing. I'm never flirtatious.

I have a hard time with hate or anything that I find immoral. When put in a position where someone does or says something that enrages me I will try to keep it inside, but it does spill out from time to time, like an eruption, but it only lasts for a few seconds at the most, followed by a feeling or remorse and grief, for both the way I’ve been treated and the way I reacted.

I really don’t know what else to write. If you have any questions feel free to ask
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha thx for the reply. I could actually identify with quite a lot of that, especially the part about being sensitive to people's reactions towards me. However quite a lot of times when my mood and the general mood is high and happy, I do accidentally say stuff that just shouldn't be said. I tend to feel bad after that, but recover quite quickly though I do remember the incidents so as to try not to repeat it again.

I don't identify with the 'i'm never flirtatious' part. I actually enjoy flirting quite a bit (depends on your definition of flirting though, I'm generally not known as a flirter though I do it at times and rather enjoy it, especially with the right people).

The part about trying not to draw attention is similar in some aspects. I wouldn't normally do stuff or wear stuff that draws too much attention, but I actually enjoy quite a lot of attention. (But don't we all do lol.)

One thing that might not be typical of INFj's is that I actually enjoy a fair bit of violence. I liked the film '300' a lot, thought 'fight club' was cool, and really love to wrestle/play fight with my friends. I also like competitive sport except for those that requires hours and hours of training which I really hate. Which means I like competitive sport for leisure (does that make sense lol?) Perhaps this isn't type related, but it does imply that I do value some bit of Se. It's just that when I compare myself with my INtj brother he kinda hates these stuff (prolly due to Se polr).

Just wondering if you can identify with the differences between me and you, and if you could in anyway imagine an EII also embodying the behavioural traits that I just stated.

Looks like there's no one else contributing though

It'll be great if you (or anyone) could tell me how an SEE - EII supervision relationship will be like
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's why I added the "disclaimer" about this just representing me, since I really don't want to go around stating that all EII's are like me, since that's just fallacious

My own views on flirting have to do partly with my own timidity as well as a dislike for manipulative forms of expression.
    Maybe this is because I'm programed, so to speak, for Delta ST's whose own approach is centered around authenticity and tend to be rather emotionally sedate (although I'm sure Gamma Te's can relate to this as well)

One thing that might not be typical of INFj's is that I actually enjoy a fair bit of violence. I liked the film '300' a lot, thought 'fight club' was cool, and really love to wrestle/play fight with my friends. I also like competitive sport except for those that requires hours and hours of training which I really hate. Which means I like competitive sport for leisure (does that make sense lol?) Perhaps this isn't type related, but it does imply that I do value some bit of Se. It's just that when I compare myself with my INtj brother he kinda hates these stuff (prolly due to Se polr).
    I don't really relate to this. Violence in films/TV is not as off-putting, to me, as the EII profiles describe but I certainly don't seek it out, either.
    The best way of putting it, is, I dislike *glorified* violence that seems to be represented in a lot of Beta films like 300, Tarentino and Clint Eastwood films, mobster films, etc.
    Movies that show violence but also show how awful it is I react well to, i.e Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, Lord of The Rings, Glory, etc.

I don't particularly like competitive sports either, but than again I'm not particularly athletic. I also have horrible coordination and would end-up with bruises whenever I had to participate in them during gym; I didn't need to be bullied since I kicked my own butt
    I like doing outdoor things where scores are not really kept, like biking, hiking, boating, etc.

Just wondering if you can identify with the differences between me and you, and if you could in anyway imagine an EII also embodying the behavioural traits that I just stated.
    Our views on the above are quite different but that's not to say we're not the same type, I think more information into the functions and intertype relations would be necessary for that.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFlame View Post
    Haha thx for the reply. I could actually identify with quite a lot of that, especially the part about being sensitive to people's reactions towards me. However quite a lot of times when my mood and the general mood is high and happy, I do accidentally say stuff that just shouldn't be said. I tend to feel bad after that, but recover quite quickly though I do remember the incidents so as to try not to repeat it again.

I don't identify with the 'i'm never flirtatious' part. I actually enjoy flirting quite a bit (depends on your definition of flirting though, I'm generally not known as a flirter though I do it at times and rather enjoy it, especially with the right people).

The part about trying not to draw attention is similar in some aspects. I wouldn't normally do stuff or wear stuff that draws too much attention, but I actually enjoy quite a lot of attention. (But don't we all do lol.)

Looks like there's no one else contributing though

It'll be great if you (or anyone) could tell me how an SEE - EII supervision relationship will be like
    I relate to what you're describing. IEI and EII are very different, at least I couldn't make myself to consider IEI as my type. I can see how it might be sometimes confusing to distinguish between the two for someone who hasn't had much exposure to them, but you should be able to confidently recognize which one is your type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing i think IEIs do is fantasize about "poetic justice", that is, giving wrongdoers what they deserve. I don't think EIIs fantasize about dealing out judgment to others, they're more live and let live. in this way (among others), i think IEIs are the "light humanitarians" and EIIs are the "heavy humanitarians".

i would love to see more on this topic; i'm not sure if i'm an EII or IEI. my dad is an EII for sure, and he is EXTREMELY conscientious. he also has no close friends because nobody's values are consistent with his.

here are Kohlberg's stages of moral development:

Level 1 (Pre-Conventional)
    1. Obedience and punishment orientation
    (How can I avoid punishment?)
    2. Self-interest orientation
    (What's in it for me?)
    Level 2 (Conventional)
    3. Interpersonal accord and conformity
    (Social norms)
    (The good boy/good girl attitude)
    4. Authority and social-order maintaining orientation
    (Law and order morality)
    Level 3 (Post-Conventional)
    5. Social contract orientation
    6. Universal ethical principles
    (Principled conscience)

my dad is definitely a 6. he sees many of his adult friends as very base, and thinks ego (in the conventional, not socionics sense) to be one of the most destructive things on earth

hope this gave you some helpful insights!
    message me if you have anything you think might tip the scale too, like i said i'm trying to figure out whether i'm EII or IEI also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one other thing- my EII dad is 40 and he reads fantasy books all the time. i'm sure IEIs enjoy fantasy too but i thought i might add that, lol. i wish i could just have an IEI and an EII right here so i could god damn ask them whats up. they're so similar!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are not EII
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shut the fuck up maritsa

you dont know shit
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's address question pirate, thank you...

How does an EII/IEI handle short term tasks as far as dedication? What I mean by that is say a friend asks for a hand in assistance with something.

EII will dedicate themselves on a timeline to complete tasks. Very deadline driven.
    IEI will not so much notice the deadline of the task as with the time that it's taking to get there.

How much energy is the EII/IEI willing to exhaust to see to it that it gets done?

EII are absolute perfectionists, they will check for the tiny, microscopic details of something that they venture to do before they can feel comfortable with the task being done to a certain expectation of liking. Is a multitasker, they like to talk on the phone or do something else while working.
    IEI will do a good amount of energy, but they will sometimes be distracted and lead to tangents and not stay completely focused. SEI however, is extremely focused.

How does an EII/IEI handle longer term tasks as far as dedication?

EII will break down long term tasks into weekly to do lists or monthly and quarterly goals so that each goal is a deadline. In a dedication to working out three times per week, EII needs will do it but during periods of depression, will drop out of the scene briefly and then get back up because they feel guilty that they did not accomplish the goal.
    IEI is far more strategic and will look at the end result before pursuing the workability of the goal. If the goal becomes unmotivating with no real prospects, they will drop out.
    There are a lot of aspects between the two that are to be differentiated...in their dress, manner of speaking, in their living, behavior, I will post some stuff to compare.
    IEI does not hide their emotions, but restrains his emotions (purpose driven is the key here, they do this to observe it's effect on other individuals). Will share feelings to elicit comfort. Trys to forgive weaknesses. Is attracted to people that have force, drive, insightfulness, naturally if this force lends itself to the influence of his emotions. Tries to reveal or say, point out comical aspects of a situation. Smiles when anxious. Movements are plastic and even rhythmic. Chaos reins in his living quarters (usually not tidy and organzied). He uses his fine sense of humor to make them laugh, shake them up. Will scan people to get a sense of what they are feeling, he/she uses this knowledge to relate with others. Loves poetry and arts. In internet communication, will use eyebrow symbols, like squints and facila symbols like a frown and of the mouth, smirks and such.

EII buries their emotions deep dark corridors of their heart. (emotions come out on matter of sensitive topic, does not purposely display emotions to see effects in others.) Will share feelings not to elicit a response, but to gain understanding of the purpose and root of whether certain feelings are right or wrong to think of. Forgives weaknesses no trying necessary. Attracted to protective, grumbling emotions type of person who extingushes or soon tries to say something to wipe emotions away. Does not point out the comical aspect of a situation is either mildly flirty or blunt. Smiles when happy. Movement is fluid. Living quarters are organzied in what goes where, can not afford to be untidy. May from time to time, depending on the situation, find a joke to tell. Feel relations of people, he uses this to speak with his dual about such relations. Loves painting. To supress other people's emotions by not saying something at that time to make sure the other person does not display sad emotions or anger "His most important capability is his ability to adapt to his partner's emotions, to empathize, release emotional tension, to calm down." Will never spank a child. Extremely concientious. In internet communication, will use gestures of affection like hug, kiss, wink.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 01:53 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Name me something (a sentiment, a saying, anything) that an EII would say/do that an IEI would never be caught saying/doing. Vice versa.

Random questions of things that have occured that I've been working through:

How does an EII/IEI handle short term tasks as far as dedication? What I mean by that is say a friend asks for a hand in assistance with something. How much energy is the EII/IEI willing to exhaust to see to it that it gets done?

How does an EII/IEI handle longer term tasks as far as dedication? An example would be following through on New Year's Resolutions, or saying something like "I will dedicate myself this year to working out three times a week"

What are other aspects that I can't think of at the moment between the two that can be distinguished differentiated (similar to how this was done on the linked thread)?

Basically, I just want real-world examples that I can say "yes that is me" or "no that is not me" to when comparing EII and IEI.

Is there another thread on this that is slipping past my searches? :-/
    You are doing what Minde is doing, please also consider SEI, thank you.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and another thing- IEIs' dual seeking function is , so it gets their attention. because gets their own attention they often assume that, to get other people's attention, they should use themselves. this manifests as the IEI often touching the interlocutor's hand or arm while they lean in close to talk to them. i would guess the EII wouldn't be as comfortable doing this because they find deceiving and sometimes even affronting. they wouldn't want to rattle any cages, so to speak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

How does an EII/IEI handle short term tasks as far as dedication? What I mean by that is say a friend asks for a hand in assistance with something.

EII will dedicate themselves on a timeline to complete tasks. Very deadline driven.
    IEI will not so much notice the deadline of the task as with the time that it's taking to get there.

How much energy is the EII/IEI willing to exhaust to see to it that it gets done?

EII are absolute perfectionists, they will check for the tiny, microscopic details of something that they venture to do before they can feel comfortable with the task being done to a certain expectation of liking. Is a multitasker, they like to talk on the phone or do something else while working.
    IEI will do a good amount of energy, but they will sometimes be distracted and lead to tangents and not stay completely focused. SEI however, is extremely focused.

EII will break down long term tasks into weekly to do lists or monthly and quarterly goals so that each goal is a deadline. In a dedication to working out three times per week, EII needs will do it but during periods of depression, will drop out of the scene briefly and then get back up because they feel guilty that they did not accomplish the goal.
    IEI is far more strategic and will look at the end result before pursuing the workability of the goal. If the goal becomes unmotivating with no real prospects, they will drop out.
    There are a lot of aspects between the two that are to be differentiated...in their dress, manner of speaking, in their living, behavior, I will post some stuff to compare.
    IEI does not hide their emotions, but restrains his emotions (purpose driven is the key here, they do this to observe it's effect on other individuals). Will share feelings to elicit comfort. Trys to forgive weaknesses. Is attracted to people that have force, drive, insightfulness, naturally if this force lends itself to the influence of his emotions. Tries to reveal or say, point out comical aspects of a situation. Smiles when anxious. Movements are plastic and even rhythmic. Chaos reins in his living quarters (usually not tidy and organzied). He uses his fine sense of humor to make them laugh, shake them up. Will scan people to get a sense of what they are feeling, he/she uses this knowledge to relate with others. Loves poetry and arts.

EII buries their emotions deep dark corridors of their heart. (emotions come out on matter of sensitive topic, does not purposely display emotions to see effects in others.) Will share feelings not to elicit a response, but to gain understanding of the purpose and root of whether certain feelings are right or wrong to think of. Forgives weaknesses no trying necessary. Attracted to protective, grumbling emotions type of person who extingushes or soon tries to say something to wipe emotions away. Does not point out the comical aspect of a situation is either mildly flirty or blunt. Smiles when happy. Movement is fluid. Living quarters are organzied in what goes where, can not afford to be untidy. May from time to time, depending on the situation, find a joke to tell. Feel relations of people, he uses this to speak with his dual about such relations. Loves painting.
    this was very telling; i thought it was the other way around! thankyou

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shorebreaker View Post
    this was very telling; i thought it was the other way around! thankyou
    my pleasure, I am happy to have shared this with you.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

oh and another thing- IEIs' dual seeking function is , so it gets their attention. because gets their own attention they often assume that, to get other people's attention, they should use themselves. this manifests as the IEI often touching the interlocutor's hand or arm while they lean in close to talk to them. i would guess the EII wouldn't be as comfortable doing this because they find deceiving and sometimes even affronting. they wouldn't want to rattle any cages, so to speak.
    This is very true and correct. I don't trust the nature of Se, it's rather painful, I don't know if it will slap, thrust, push, shove, snap or strike.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not EII
    i don't think so either, but what leads you to believe that? i'm curious. also do you think the things i think about EII are largely consistent with them? its hard to know; my dad doesn't really self-disclose very much, nor does any other EII i know.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i don't think so either, but what leads you to believe that? i'm curious. also do you think the things i think about EII are largely consistent with them? its hard to know; my dad doesn't really self-disclose very much, nor does any other EII i know.
    I say that because he would rather someone take him information then go after the information himself. Minde is like that as well. Information is not , it's one thing I can "hunt/search/research" freely.
    -

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say that because he would rather someone take him information then go after the information himself.
    shorebreaker, this is an example of maritsas misguided logic and why she should not be taken seriously when it comes to anything related to socionics.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

one thing i think IEIs do is fantasize about "poetic justice", that is, giving wrongdoers what they deserve. I don't think EIIs fantasize about dealing out judgment to others, they're more live and let live. in this way (among others), i think IEIs are the "light humanitarians" and EIIs are the "heavy humanitarians".

i would love to see more on this topic; i'm not sure if i'm an EII or IEI. my dad is an EII for sure, and he is EXTREMELY conscientious. he also has no close friends because nobody's values are consistent with his.
    here are Kohlberg's stages of moral development:

Level 1 (Pre-Conventional)
    1. Obedience and punishment orientation
    (How can I avoid punishment?)
    2. Self-interest orientation
    (What's in it for me?)
    Level 2 (Conventional)
    3. Interpersonal accord and conformity
    (Social norms)
    (The good boy/good girl attitude)
    4. Authority and social-order maintaining orientation
    (Law and order morality)
    Level 3 (Post-Conventional)
    5. Social contract orientation
    6. Universal ethical principles
    (Principled conscience)

my dad is definitely a 6. he sees many of his adult friends as very base, and thinks ego (in the conventional, not socionics sense) to be one of the most destructive things on earth
    hope this gave you some helpful insights!
    message me if you have anything you think might tip the scale too, like i said i'm trying to figure out whether i'm EII or IEI also.
    Yes, we, EII are very heavy humanitarians, serious, dedicated and highly concientious. I will never spank a child for misbehaving. Ego is very destructive indeed. I think your reference was wonderful. You can VI with me if you like to determine your type.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    shut the fuck up maritsa

you dont know shit
    who is this guy? is he trolling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we, EII are very heavy humanitarians, serious, dedicated and highly concientious. I will never spank a child for misbehaving. Ego is very destructive indeed. I think your reference was wonderful. You can VI with me if you like to determine your type.
    i would love that! how can i do it? pictures? i have a webcam on my macbook, but i don't know how to take videos

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you actually type someone here on the forum as EII?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly, but, it's not really unjustified. maritsa has been making some weird typings lately, and been pretty persistent about not actually listening to other people, so, a lot of the flak she get she deserves.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, he just likes to curse at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Possibly, but, it's not really unjustified. maritsa has been making some weird typings lately, and been pretty persistent about not actually listening to other people, so, a lot of the flak she get she deserves.
    You're too honest. Weird? Plynex's typing is not weird.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was probably like the first or second thread I ever made here at the16types, so cut me a little slack.

For the sake of completeness, I will answer the following questions.

I am very deadline driven, and I can get more accomplished when I have deadlines to meet. When things are more free form, I tend to struggle. I always notice deadlines, and I always strive to meet them if they are my responsibility, and even go so far as to stress myself out when I feel like I can't meet a deadline.

I identify with the EII definition. I cannot stand leaving things unfinished. I constantly fill my mind with things that need to get done, but I strive for quality of work rather than quantity of work. I pay too much attention to fine details, to a fault. I will not start a task unless I feel reasonably sure that the quality of what I do will be satisfactory.

IEI does not hide their emotions, but restrains his emotions (purpose driven is the key here, they do this to observe it's effect on other individuals). Will share feelings to elicit comfort. Trys to forgive weaknesses. Is attracted to people that have force, drive, insightfulness, naturally if this force lends itself to the influence of his emotions. Tries to reveal or say, point out comical aspects of a situation. Smiles when anxious. Movements are plastic and even rhythmic. Chaos reins in his living quarters (usually not tidy and organzied). He uses his fine sense of humor to make them laugh, shake them up. Will scan people to get a sense of what they are feeling, he/she uses this knowledge to relate with others. Loves poetry and arts. In internet communication, will use eyebrow symbols, like squints and facila symbols like a frown and of the mouth, smirks and such.

EII buries their emotions deep dark corridors of their heart. (emotions come out on matter of sensitive topic, does not purposely display emotions to see effects in others.) Will share feelings not to elicit a response, but to gain understanding of the purpose and root of whether certain feelings are right or wrong to think of. Forgives weaknesses no trying necessary. Attracted to protective, grumbling emotions type of person who extingushes or soon tries to say something to wipe emotions away. Does not point out the comical aspect of a situation is either mildly flirty or blunt. Smiles when happy. Movement is fluid. Living quarters are organzied in what goes where, can not afford to be untidy. May from time to time, depending on the situation, find a joke to tell. Feel relations of people, he uses this to speak with his dual about such relations. Loves painting. To supress other people's emotions by not saying something at that time to make sure the other person does not display sad emotions or anger "His most important capability is his ability to adapt to his partner's emotions, to empathize, release emotional tension, to calm down." Will never spank a child. Extremely concientious. In internet communication, will use gestures of affection like hug, kiss, wink.
    There are aspects of IEI that seem to ping, but I resonate more with the EII description here. Most importantly is that when I do show emotion, it is only when I feel completely safe to do so, otherwise, I suppress my emotions. However, even when trying to suppress my emotions, I still wear my emotions on my sleeve. I don't show emotions to elicit reactions from people, I show emotions when I feel comfortable doing so because it feels more genuine and truthful to show what it is that I'm feeling. I hate smiling when I'm anxious. If I'm anxious, I look anxious. If I'm depressed, I look depressed. If I know that saying something would negatively affect another person's emotions, and I really care about that person, I will way more often than not choose to not say it. Social interaction to me is predicated on adaptation, responding, empathizing and connecting. I always feel like I have to respond to what's going on around me rather than making people respond to me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    There are aspects of IEI that seem to ping, but I resonate more with the EII description here. Most importantly is that when I do show emotion, it is only when I feel completely safe to do so, otherwise, I suppress my emotions. However, even when trying to suppress my emotions, I still wear my emotions on my sleeve. I don't show emotions to elicit reactions from people, I show emotions when I feel comfortable doing so because it feels more genuine and truthful to show what it is that I'm feeling. I hate smiling when I'm anxious. If I'm anxious, I look anxious. If I'm depressed, I look depressed. If I know that saying something would negatively affect another person's emotions, and I really care about that person, I will way more often than not choose to not say it. Social interaction to me is predicated on adaptation, responding, empathizing and connecting. I always feel like I have to respond to what's going on around me rather than making people respond to me.
    I would then ask you to look at SEI. EII does not wear emotions on their sleeve. That is very clear with the Socioniko deffinition of EII, but Fe (meaning emotions) does wear their emotions on their sleeve as does IEI.

What is the purpose of wearing emotions on your sleeve? When do you find it useful or not?

What do you mean by empathizing?
    Empathizing for an EII means that an EII does not initiate contact with a stranger and will sit on a chair and watch people but by accident, an individual will wonder near an EII and start an off the wall conversation with her. An EII will feel the person's intention and inner makeup (honest or not? a pervert or not? a good person? a nice person?-without any thought these feelings flow in automatically). Then the EII will slowly adjust her mood to the appropriateness of the individual that is speaking with them based on feelings of one information and whether that information is trusted, and getting emotional impression of how the person feels about such things. An EII will never speak about gay rights, as an example with a person who makes a comment that gay people are not good because EII will not want to upset that individual's personal values and will not want to be so rash as to break off relations with that individual. Even though the person is not for gay rights, on a one on one basis, an EII will not be so forceful with her view point. An EII will address, in a croud of people, where she feels that blatant force will not be applied to her directly, the issue of gay rights being important and will then take up a position and support it, debating it and voicing her strong opinions.

Both IEI and EII will let people rome freely around forum sites and not direct or ask people to go here or there...SEI would. SEI are also very well organized.

Extraverted ethic is also called Emotional Ethic.
    This function reflects person's own emotions, his/her emotional, highly personal and passionate reaction to what is going on around. Types with this dominant functions are eloquent, often smiling, artistic, charming (but somewhat “fussy” and “too artistic”), can speak and persuade others, but they perceive situations too emotionally, too personally, and sometimes they “sink” in their own emotions, cannot calm down for long time.

Putting this function in the Second place means:

NeFi and SeFi

They may be misperceived for the quasi-identical types (Humanist and Conservator with the dominant introverted ethic) for their strive for good relations with other people, very mild and comfortable manner of communication. However, there is a difference: both Lyricist and Mediator are emotionally active and even often try to awake emotions in other people. By contrast, Humanist and Conservator rather strive to suppress excessive emotions, to release other people from redundant, unnecessary emotions.

Release of other's emotions does not mean wearing my own emotions on my sleve, it means either not calling attention to my own emotions (for example, I have cried during many interactions with individuals on the forum, but no where have I posted that I have so no one knows), but Minde, I know for sure, likes to display her emotions and soon is comforted when someone and in this case it has been my dual, responds she calms down.

My dual does do a lot of wishful thinking, especially about Minde: "By his advice he helps his improvident dual to avoid many mistakes, the main of which is wishful thinking, especially about health and relations with people."

Of course, this is why I have to tell him things about people he can't see.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast