Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SLE/ESTp description, can anyone relate?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Women of the world! Hear me! Stop emotionally torturing yourself over guys who don't treat you properly!
    YOU GO GIRL! Look at that delta owning that beta spirit. Woof!

Women and gay men have all been there! The sex can be exciting at first, but pretty soon I just get bored. Now I don't need somebody to treat me like an asshole for me to like them. I give so many other guys a chance. I'm confident in myself more so somebody doesn't have to be a complete bully to attract my attention. Wow! Thanks, Oprah.

((I was kidding with that 'Oprah' part, but yeah- you are spot on.))

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Same. Things cannot be perfect and 'blissful' all the time. It's not possible. We're human. If things were always "blissful" for me with a man, I'd start wondering what the hell was wrong.
    So pessimistic! It is possible, and it doesn't mean there's something wrong. I know it isn't that common but it's definitely a good thing. We don't fight. Outside influences aren't always blissful, but we always approach them together and without conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    YOU GO GIRL! Look at that delta owning that beta spirit. Woof!

Women and gay men have all been there! The sex can be exciting at first, but pretty soon I just get bored. Now I don't need somebody to treat me like an asshole for me to like them. I give so many other guys a chance. I'm confident in myself more so somebody doesn't have to be a complete bully to attract my attention. Wow! Thanks, Oprah.

((I was kidding with that 'Oprah' part, but yeah- you are spot on.))
    HAHA

I suppose men are sometimes rewarded for being jerks - or at least they aren't getting any negative reinforcement to help teach them to not be jerks. Not only do we put up with it, we seem to seek it out sometimes, so it's working for them.

But there doesn't have to be conflict for a relationship to be exciting. And a man certainly doesn't have to be a jerk for a relationship to be exciting.

I think people sometimes mistake "excitement" and "fear". If I'm afraid my relationship might fall apart, and I'm afraid my boyfriend/husband might get violent, and I'm afraid I might be cheated on or am being cheated on, and I'm afraid my boyfriend/husband doesn't really love me, etc. it might FEEL like excitement but it's still just fear. And it won't feel like excitement forever.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slackermom, we are not duals. Just about everything you say, i disagree with and just about everything i say, you disagree with.

OHMIGOD GUYZ, SOCIONICS IZ WRONG!!!! NO WAYZ.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slackermom, we are not duals. Just about everything you say, i disagree with and just about everything i say, you disagree with.

OHMIGOD GUYZ, SOCIONICS IZ WRONG!!!! NO WAYZ.
    LOL I don't disagree with EVERYTHING you say. Everything about THIS maybe.

We might be and we might not be. *shrug*
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Men are indeed rewarded for being jerks....ever since they were little boys. It can be hard to snap out of. Just think of how it's okay for a girl to be tomboyish but it's not okay for guys to show their emotions. Way not cool. =/

Making them sexually attractive is a way to handle them I think. It's a way to get back your own power you know what I mean? It's like if you don't know how to stand up to them yet, that way can work. They think *they're* the ones that are making themselves sexy, but I think it's all on us.

I don't think people want some er 'pussy' that just sits around and writes poetry all day either, but again like Expat said why does X have to mean Y and so forth. Just because somebody's nice doesn't mean they can't be challenging.

I think it's about not realizing your own power yet and having to be 'shocked into' it kinda.

For me, an asshole can still be attractive honestly but they are attractive for being attractive. Them being an asshole or a nice guy has nothing to do with it really. But that's more about physical lust. It's okay to play with the fantasy a bit kinda, but why waste your life trying to actually have a relationship with somebody that will only hurt you?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same. Things cannot be perfect and 'blissful' all the time. It's not possible. We're human. If things were always "blissful" for me with a man, I'd start wondering what the hell was wrong.
    You like to be unhappy then. I guess, everyone chooses his own destiny.

By the way, I must honestly say that treating girls well is only something I do out of vanity. I believe I am so awesome, brillant, funny and attractive that I don't really need to waste time dealing with something negative like treating girls bad.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it's my opinion, drop it.

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't think it was meant as a criticism

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say "it's not possible" it doesn't seem like an opinion anymore, but nevermind really
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean i'm a "J" ?????!!!!11

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    When you say "it's not possible" it doesn't seem like an opinion anymore, but nevermind really
    Jessica is literally voicing something (perhaps mildly facetiously) that a lot of (American) women subconsciously operate on.

Clueless people have set up a dichotomy between bad boys and nice guys when in fact the dichotomy is far more subtle and hazy, between object and non-object. The guy who initially treats a woman as an object - but treats her well - and then allows her to evolve into an non-object in his own mind as a relationship progresses over a period of a year or two is going to have the best success.

This often doesn't happen, which leads to Jessica's second point, of women often creating problems/tests in a relationship when things are going 'too well'.

Creepy-Cyclops

Does this mean i'm a "J" ?????!!!!11
    So now you want someones opinion? Or are you asking but we aren't supposed to answer.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I'm doing (and all I ever do here) is throw around my opinions on various subjects. Whether you agree or disagree, that's your thing and frankly I don't care. Take that as you may.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Men are indeed rewarded for being jerks....ever since they were little boys. It can be hard to snap out of. Just think of how it's okay for a girl to be tomboyish but it's not okay for guys to show their emotions. Way not cool. =/
    Who says it's okay for girls to be tomboyish?

Making them sexually attractive is a way to handle them I think. It's a way to get back your own power you know what I mean? It's like if you don't know how to stand up to them yet, that way can work. They think *they're* the ones that are making themselves sexy, but I think it's all on us.
    Why did you lose your power in the first place? It's always harder to play, from the losing side. You like a challenge?

I don't think people want some er 'pussy' that just sits around and writes poetry all day either, but again like Expat said why does X have to mean Y and so forth. Just because somebody's nice doesn't mean they can't be challenging.
    Why not?

I think it's about not realizing your own power yet and having to be 'shocked into' it kinda.

For me, an asshole can still be attractive honestly but they are attractive for being attractive. Them being an asshole or a nice guy has nothing to do with it really. But that's more about physical lust. It's okay to play with the fantasy a bit kinda, but why waste your life trying to actually have a relationship with somebody that will only hurt you?
    [/quote]

Life is pain. Get over it.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Kick it, shove it. Jessica, were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Creepy-Cyclops

All I'm doing (and all I ever do here) is throw around my opinions on various subjects. Whether you agree or disagree, that's your thing and frankly I don't care. Take that as you may.
    You do not like it when people give you their opinion, wether it is meant with good intentions or not, and then all of a sudden you ask everyone for an opinion.

And even more bizarrely you throw your opinion around whenever you feel like it.

Are you capable of thinking about that?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You do not like it when people give you their opinion, wether it is meant with good intentions or not, and then all of a sudden you ask everyone for an opinion.

And even more bizarrely you throw your opinion around whenever you feel like it.

Are you capable of thinking about that?
    You obviously fail to grasp sarcasm.

Creepy-Cyclops

You obviously fail to grasp sarcasm.
    In what way are you being sarcastic? What part are you being sarcastic about? Or do you mean everything you type is sarcastic?

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica reminds me more & more of an LSI each day.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now you want someones opinion? Or are you asking but we aren't supposed to answer.
    Jessica used "?" and "!" in a narrator way. Like this "?!". A taciturn would do "!?" instead. It is official. It has to be true. It is in the wiki. Thus she can't be ISTp but ESTp, ISTj, INTp instead.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Jessica reminds me more & more of an LSI each day.
    Every type has opinions on various subjects. I don't know why I get called an "LSI" because I choose to be open about my opinions. Any type has that ability.

Creepy-Cyclops

Every type has opinions on various subjects. I don't know why I get called an "LSI" because I choose to be open about my opinions. Any type has that ability.
    I don't know you IRL, but looking at your posts, I get the impression that your sensitive sometimes, so to let you know I'm posting a reply but not criticising. From what I've seen your more judgemental than open minded. What do you think?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know you IRL, but looking at your posts, I get the impression that your sensitive sometimes, so to let you know I'm posting a reply but not criticising. From what I've seen your more judgemental than open minded. What do you think?
    The j in Socionics doesn't mean that someone is judgmental. And not having a j wouldn't mean someone wasn't judgmental. It just means that judging function (Ti, Te, Fi, Fe) is in position #1.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    The j in Socionics doesn't mean that someone is judgmental. And not having a j wouldn't mean someone wasn't judgmental. It just means that judging function (Ti, Te, Fi, Fe) is in position #1.
    I appreciate the post but I wasn't referring to her psychological type, I was meaning to refer to her personality type. Sorry if I didn't make this clear (in retrospect its probably none of my business but I'm kind of trying to held.. *normally* I can be good at that sort of thing, sigh!)
    Last edited by Cyclops; 02-09-2008 at 07:18 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You all should listen to what your significant other has to say about his work or hobby. I was never into cars, but after 6 years with an ISTp, I am much less likely to be ripped off by a mechanic and can actually fix little things myself.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You all should listen to what your significant other has to say about his work or hobby.
    Nod head in right places! (j/k )

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You all should listen to what your significant other has to say about his work or hobby. I was never into cars, but after 6 years with an ISTp, I am much less likely to be ripped off by a mechanic and can actually fix little things myself.
    This is true in all cases barring one: scrapbooking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast