Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SLE/ESTp description, can anyone relate?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    FDG

If you identify with the Victim quadra of sexual behavior, you are hardly an ESTp.

Fabio's a victim!

Quote Originally Posted by ESTP View Post
    In the military I tend to get along easier with higher-ups, even at a Private's level more so than most Sergeants and above I know.
    Do you fuck your way up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

Do you fuck your way up?
    Nah...I think it's just that most people around highers are more uneasy and "scared" so to speak. Where as I am towards them the way I am with everyone...I have a relaxed and uninhibited approach. They're human and most can read into people and see when they're kiss asses. So in that essence, I think they respect that about me & let me get away with more.
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah...I think it's just that most people around highers are more uneasy and "scared" so to speak. Where as I am towards them the way I am with everyone...I have a relaxed and uninhibited approach. They're human and most can read into people and see when they're kiss asses. So in that essence, I think they respect that about me & let me get away with more.
    hmmmmm sometimes you can only get away with that for so long. then it all comes crashing down. i've seen it happen to SLE's more than once.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By that, I mean they let me get away with having a more relaxed attitude, and are more easy going with me. I'm usually someone a lot of people talk to, and generally have all the information before most other troops. Sometimes even not directly relating to me. People tend to tell me a lot of shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you fuck your way up?
    Ok..But I do have to admit...I have slept with an individual or two that have been a higher rank...Sgt. to be exact. But only because I got off on the power trip...not because it got me anywhere. Power is the most seductive thing to me...it's my crack. MMMmmm

It has been a significant amount of time since that occured, almost a yr now. I'm done with all military men tho.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your avatar's a fucking winner for real.

eta -- man, do all ESTps do the knee bounce thing?
    Last edited by implied; 02-06-2008 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done with all military men tho.
    Now you're on to the sweet, sensitive, loving kind of men.

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    Everyone does at one point in their life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you're on to the sweet, sensitive, loving kind of men.
    Uhh...do those exist?? I don't believe so, seeing as how they tend to start out that way...but usually end up ALL the SAME.
    Or perhaps they're just scared of straight-shooters. Seriously, most guys I get involved with are like "i dont like playing games, i dont like or have baggage, balhbabhl" so on and so forth...but they end up being the ones that play the mind games and bring baggage into things. And usually they're the ones that fuck things up by pulling back when they see I'm not kidding around when I say "i dont play games, I dont beat around the bush, and I am very straight forward."
    I am coming to a point where I'm seriously considering in investing into some serious cat toys and acessories cuz I can forsee myself being the crazy cat lady down the street.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTP you sound too much like jessica to be different type from her. So either you are both ISTps or ESTps.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahaha, I was just going to say that. Welcome to the story of my life. I've given up on dating, I just put up with their crap and whatever happens, happens. I've stopped caring.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or they're just both women of around the same age who are fed up with dating games.

Annoyance with men is not type related.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be very interesting to hear the INFp version of things :wink:
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, most guys I get involved with are like "i dont like playing games, i dont like or have baggage, balhbabhl" so on and so forth...but they end up being the ones that play the mind games and bring baggage into things.
    OMFG YES.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    I think most extraverts tend to do it...I've seen ENTps, ENFjs, ENTjs doing it too
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah really men wtf.

when ya find a good one, though, mmm mmmm.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know how stressfree it'd be to be with another woman? Sadly, I am not a lesbian. I'm not jumping on the "hate men" bandwagon at all, but it's hard not to generalize at times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure it's entirely stress-free to be a lesbian. I knew a girl who was bi, and after she started dating a woman and moved in with her, the woman got really jealous and wouldn't let her have any time with her other female friends (not even the straight ones). But she also wasn't allowed to hang out with men either, because she used to be bi, so her partner was also afraid she was flirting with men too. Now THAT'S a Catch-22... lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    You know how stressfree it'd be to be with another woman? Sadly, I am not a lesbian. I'm not jumping on the "hate men" bandwagon at all, but it's hard not to generalize at times.
    Sometimes i think this way too...we should be lesbos together AHAH. NOT!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just because you're hot. Men are attracted to hot women. You will never escape this. Want to be an ugly chick?

Creepy-Cyclops

This confuses me! I've often observed chicks saying they want a nice guy, but then they always seem to end up attracted to someone's who's a bit of a bad lad.

Here's a recent conversation I had with a girl when I was telling her about a guy I know who got dumped. The reason he got dumped was because 'I think your into me more than I'm into you' She immediately screwed up her face and said 'Oh, he's a nice guy then' And she was right he is! Do girls want the good but want the bad?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This confuses me! I've often observed chicks saying they want a nice guy, but then they always seem to end up attracted to someone's who's a bit of a bad lad.

Here's a recent conversation I had with a girl when I was telling her about a guy I know who got dumped. The reason he got dumped was because 'I think your into me more than I'm into you' She immediately screwed up her face and said 'Oh, he's a nice guy then' And she was right he is! Girls seem to want the good but want the bad.
    Maybe the solution is to be both, in different instances.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a recent conversation I had with a girl when I was telling her about a guy I know who got dumped. The reason he got dumped was because 'I think your into me more than I'm into you' She immediately screwed up her face and said 'Oh, he's a nice guy then' And she was right he is! Do girls want the good but want the bad?
    Because good guys are usually boring. For example, my boyfriend. If you're content going out to eat once or twice a week and talking about work or how tiring your day was and how you really need to clean your house and yadayadayada, you're boring. He's a great guy and it kills me to tell him it's not working but who want's to be bored to death? Dating is supposed to be fun, hence the 'bad guys' who give us thrills. I was with someone who was so emotionally abusive and the biggest prick you could ever meet but my god was it exciting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ew hah. my own personal view on this, not at all speaking for all females, is that i actually WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO LIKES ME. that's really the extent of my requirements. hah.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because good guys are usually boring. For example, my boyfriend. If you're content going out to eat once or twice a week and talking about work or how tiring your day was and how you really need to clean your house and yadayadayada, you're boring. He's a great guy and it kills me to tell him it's not working but who want's to be bored to death? Dating is supposed to be fun, hence the 'bad guys' who give us thrills. I was with someone who was so emotionally abusive and the biggest prick you could ever meet but my god was it exciting.
    You just like to complain, c'mon. It's very obvious from everything you say about males. You sound like somebody that complains about drowning yet thows hirself in the water with weights attached to the ankles.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I complain a lot, but how couldn't you in that situation? Women, in general, don't care to know how much a steel box weighs, how many trucks you've successfully deployed that day,that so and so scored a touchdown, etc. I complain because I am perpetually bored. Guys that treat you like shit get your adrenaline going. So start smackin' your gf around a little FDG, you'll have her for life.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I complain a lot, but how couldn't you in that situation? Women, in general, don't care to know how much a steel box weighs, how many trucks you've successfully deployed that day,that so and so scored a touchdown, etc. I complain because I am perpetually bored. Guys that treat you like shit get your adrenaline going. So start smackin' your gf around a little FDG, you'll have her for life.
    So, isn't there a fucking third option? I'm sorry but I see loads of successful couples with the girl not bored and not being treated like shit. You can be fun, outgoing, etc etc and still treat girls well. I've never had a problem with getting girls interested to me, and I've never treated them like shit either, so probably there is a third option indeed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but that's rare.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrug* I am not emotionally abusive, nor the "biggest prick you could ever meet", and neither do I ever talk about cleaning your house, etc -- I'm sure many women think I'm boring but not for the reasons you listed. I think you're making it too simple, as in, either a man is X or he is Y.

Now, of course, if you think that being emotionally abusive and a prick is "exciting" rather than just being a prick, then, maybe that's the problem.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    So, isn't there a fucking third option? I'm sorry but I see loads of successful couples with the girl not bored and not being treated like shit. You can be fun, outgoing, etc etc and still treat girls well. I've never had a problem with getting girls interested to me, and I've never treated them like shit either, so probably there is a third option indeed.
    well, let's hope. ftr, i think i'm over "bad boys." but i also think girls not naturally being attracted to "bad boys" (whatever this is,) -- that doesn't mean that they'll date the first "nice guy" they meet either.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did go through a period where I liked "bad boys". Never physically abusive guys - that would have scared me off - but guys with psychological problems and what-not who got into trouble or were depressed all the time. Also, I seemed to be OK with guys who were verbally abusive and who stood me up and were otherwise disrespectful. There's something in women that makes us think it would be great to find some sad messed-up guy and make him happy. Hmmm or maybe that was just me.

Women of the world! Hear me! Stop emotionally torturing yourself over guys who don't treat you properly!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think FDG's "third option" sounds best.

As for abusive relationships, nay... not so good... after having a rather abusive relationship with one of my parents, I think I'm all "thrilled" out on that sort of thing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much of the appeal of bad relationships comes from having too much time on our hands. Some people play complex videogames to fill the gap, others try to solve complex puzzles, others try to solve puzzles in form of people.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationships were there is no fighting or disagreeing, relationships were everything is lovey-dovey and perfect all the time, are boring in my opinion. Where's the excitement, the thrill? Maybe i'm a masochist, who knows.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationships were there is no fighting or disagreeing, relationships were everything is lovey-dovey and perfect all the time, are boring in my opinion. Where's the excitement, the thrill? Maybe i'm a masochist, who knows.
    If the sun was shining everyday outside, would you get bored of it? Personally, I wouldn't.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's blissful. We make our own excitement, and it's the good kind.
    -Mark Twain

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Women of the world! Hear me! Stop emotionally torturing yourself over guys who don't treat you properly!
    Men of the world! Hear me! Stop getting frustrated over galls that bitch and whine and make you responsible for their emotional well-being!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I did go through a period where I liked "bad boys". Never physically abusive guys - that would have scared me off - but guys with psychological problems and what-not who got into trouble or were depressed all the time. Also, I seemed to be OK with guys who were verbally abusive and who stood me up and were otherwise disrespectful. There's something in women that makes us think it would be great to find some sad messed-up guy and make him happy. Hmmm or maybe that was just me.
    But seriously, you are right about that. I suspect this sort of behavior (which is, by the way, not typical for all women) is a sort of projection, with an underlying hidden agenda that the ultimate result is that she will finally be loved in return and be saved themselves. That's why so many women like guys like Robbie Williams. Does this sound true to you?

It's funny that you brought it up: a while ago I had an MSN chat with my Amrican ex-girlfriend, who confessed: "you were the first guy that wasn't a project!" So I asked: "What do you mean??" She: "Well, my other boy-friends were always projects, guys that needed to be saved." I was baffled by that statement, because in hindsight, I think I was in a pretty desperate need of a savior
    Last edited by consentingadult; 02-07-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^definitely indicative of the XXXx/XXX/XXXX type... *strokes imaginary beard* *draws imaginary pipe* *crinkles forehead in thought*
    Last edited by marooned; 02-07-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: there was another X

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    If the sun was shining everyday outside, would you get bored of it? Personally, I wouldn't.
    I know I would. I like overcast rainy weather. It's relaxing. I get too dry in sunny weather.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I know I would. I like overcast rainy weather. It's relaxing. I get too dry in sunny weather.
    Same. Things cannot be perfect and 'blissful' all the time. It's not possible. We're human. If things were always "blissful" for me with a man, I'd start wondering what the hell was wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast