Quote Originally Posted by Baby
All I'm saying is: do what you want, but go about it in a way that is systematic, but (and this will sound weird) open to failure. You're plans are perfectly in tune with what I'm saying. It's just the Socionics justification for playing it overly safe and taking no responsibility for initiative in your life that I object to. I understand why you want to be offensively defensive. I realize you are taking a responsibility to greatly minimize the probability that you will fail, thus placing you in a pretty shitty position from which you'll have to work your way up from again. But, when I did that, I ended up disappointed with myself and where my life was heading, with a huge case of ennui, and consequently, depression. That may not be the case for you, I admit. I don't value stability perhaps because I have never been stable to begin with - even when I was under the financial auspices of my parents.
After reading your post I agree with you to an extent... Your approach is one that signifies you're a step closer to "self-realization" than I am. I know you want us to learn from your mistakes but I think the main thing you're not taking into consideration is that it has nothing to do with the Socionics justification, it has to do with personally building self-confidence up to level that leads to achieving success vs. avoiding failure. I don't think you took this into consideration... I mean that INFps that are just finished school and entering the work force have not yet had the time to build self-confidence up, which is in itself a lengthy process. For example, you can say I should keep my mind open to anything and go for it but I don't even know how to go for whatever it is, I'm still at the point of sending resumees, going through first important interviews ever, I don't know where to get the information on what's available out there yet and so because so much of my future is unknown I'm being overly cautious...

I think that after being in the workforce a few years I'll end up thinking the same way as you. But at this moment, with no career experience, it's reasonable that I prefer to hold back. As an analogy, I feel like a man that's just been blinded... I'm slowly moving around my apartment, scared to go outside because I don't know where anything is, double-checking every step I make so I don't fall. And on the other hand you're the blind guy that's gotten used to the blindness, goes for walks in the park without a second thought, has realized that everything's not as bad as it first seemed through personal experience, and looks back at the first few frightened days of the predicament and regrets not getting out in the world, and realizing it's not as bad as it seemed, sooner.