StevENTj on another forum somewhere just recently: Is it true that the Tokina guys are a bunch of ex-Nikon engineers that wanted to concentrate just on lenses? A relative who shoots Nikon and has a bunch of Tokina lenses told me this.

The guy answering me:I read this way back in the early 70's, the story goes that some Nikon Optical Engineers wanted to explore mass production of zooms and Nikon didn't want to spend a lot of effort into zooms so these guys got some backers and started Tokina. I don't know how true this story is but it is old enough to be a legend by now! :wink:

My reply: I wasn't born yet in the early-70's so I'll take your word for it.

His reply: Thanks a lot Steve for the reminder of how old I'm getting!

I did add the smiley before hand and it's a darn good thing I did because I had no idea how insensitive that comment actually was until afterwards. I didn't quite mean it like THAT. BTW, I do tend to use a lot of smilieys in my posts because I KNOW I can end up saying some pretty insensitive stuff, and so I tend to use the smileys to cover for that so that people know not to take what I say too seriously. He took it in good humor thankfully, but I realized later thinking about socionics again that that must have been a PoLR Fe moment.