Default INTp Hugh Grant - ENFj Orpah Winfrey

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    That was extremely awkward. Could be a legit example.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That was extremely awkward. Could be a legit example.
    That's so funny you say that was awkward because for me it read as authentic and not really awkward at all.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    That's so funny you say that was awkward because for me it read as authentic and not really awkward at all.
    Well, not awkward for him maybe. What type are you?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Well, not awkward for him maybe. What type are you?

I never saw it as awkward for anybody besides Oprah. The audience gave real laughs whilst Oprah had that shit "erm mer gerd" grin on. I do know that Grant went to Oxford Uni, so he's a pretty smart guy and it looks like he knew exactly what impact his words were having.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    Oh God... it's like he can't help being offensive. However, I wouldn't rule out a F type just because somebody's offensive. Sometimes, Beta NFs can have a deliberate, abrasive, offensive personality. Or the F type could have asperger's or autism and inadvertently say offensive things.

I would see ESFp for Oprah though...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Oh God... it's like he can't help being offensive. However, I wouldn't rule out a F type just because somebody's offensive. Sometimes, Beta NFs can have a deliberate, abrasive, offensive personality. Or the F type could have asperger's or autism and inadvertently say offensive things.

I would see ESFp for Oprah though...
    His negging game is strong.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    I'm pretty sure Oprah is an EIE and Hugh Grant is a ILE or IEE. He gives off a Si and Ne vibe. In any case Oprah's Fe makes me uncomfortable and I am an ESE! She isn't really reading his body language and backing off. I feel bad for him. The questions are way too personal.

The whole thing all seemed Fi to me, Grant and Oprah. They were having a dark moment, very typical delta banter. If Oprah is EIE, then she is not at all getting to him in that conversation. Seems like they have that understanding. Crossing boundries, going further then an NT or ST would like, but NFs are ok with this.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    I'm pretty sure Oprah is an EIE and Hugh Grant is a ILE or IEE. He gives off a Si and Ne vibe. In any case Oprah's Fe makes me uncomfortable and I am an ESE! She isn't really reading his body language and backing off. I feel bad for him. The questions are way too personal.
    Yeah, I would also think IEE. IEEs often show that kind of negativity when they're getting annoyed, like rolling their eyes. I think the fact that he's so comfortable with showing negativity might be Fi. He's just not a particularly nice IEE. Also his sardonic and sarcastic humor has got to do with the fact that he's British.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

WHY DID YOU MAKE OPRAH MY MIRROR.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    WHY DID YOU MAKE OPRAH MY MIRROR.
    I'm sorry truck. Noone made Oprah your mirror. She was born that way.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I didn't know hugh grant was an ILI. That seems like a pretty spot on typing for him and a good find.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I offended my wife today with a sarcastic remark that was meant to be funny and instructive. I cannot seem to help it. We were coming up with ideas for remodeling the house and once I have an idea that fits it seems to be the only idea I want to pursue. I'm unfortunately too dismissive of other people's ideas once I form my own. It is best to separate my analytical abilities from my personal life.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I offended my wife today with a sarcastic remark that was meant to be funny and instructive. I cannot seem to help it. We were coming up with ideas for remodeling the house and once I have an idea that fits it seems to be the only idea I want to pursue. I'm unfortunately too dismissive of other people's ideas once I form my own. It is best to separate my analytical abilities from my personal life.
    Come now. What was the remark?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I suggested that we remove a bad section of the house and she later stood in the room that I suggested tearing down and she said after we tore it down that we should build a mud room with a door and a stairwell, and I said, "You mean we should just leave it the way it is."

It was suppose to be funny dammit! hehe.....oh well, you win some, you lose some.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I suggested that we remove a bad section of the house and she later stood in the room that I suggested tearing down and she said after we tore it down that we should build a mud room with a door and a stairwell, and I said, "You mean we should just leave it the way it is."

It was suppose to be funny dammit! hehe.....oh well, you win some, you lose some.
    WTF is a mud room? Lol

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    WTF is a mud room? Lol
    A room, usually small, which is common in rural homes; a place to remove your wet or muddy clothes/shoes as you enter the home.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A room, usually small, which is common in rural homes; a place to remove your wet or muddy clothes/shoes as you enter the home.
    So an anteroom.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is an example of fe Polr.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post

So he is an SLI? The only other type I could actually see is not Fe polr, but Fe DS/HA. Something Si infantile about this vid.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, probably SLI or LII, not necessarily Fe polr

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    So he is an SLI? The only other type I could actually see is not Fe polr, but Fe DS/HA. Something Si infantile about this vid.
    I think it'd be hard to be conclusive based just on this video. I do kind of have a type for him that I mentioned elsewhere, but that was based on other stuff about him. ...yeah.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it'd be hard to be conclusive based just on this video. I do kind of have a type for him that I mentioned elsewhere, but that was based on other stuff about him. ...yeah.
    Well I watched it a second time and I think I'm understanding what you meant by fe polr.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, just like @Reyne, I too laughed and felt like someone had filmed me when I watched this video!

I'm a little ashamed of these silly moments in my life where I know I'm being a bit childish.
    Mostly these moments occur in private or in front of those I like and trust so no lasting scars, just the occaisional view maybe that I'm being a little immature in the situation.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The problem of having as a PoLR is that it isn't automatically a bad thing. I could argue that having any PoLR function is not automatically bad but is mine so I can only speak from my own experiences of being the biggest social dunce I have ever seen upon introspection (and my shock as to how I did not get lynched by my own family somehow given that fact).

The absolute lack of "empathy" we tend to display in a given situation can and often does lead to some very comical results if most everyone in the room is expecting some level of competence that you... just don't have. You can remark upon something in a way that by all rights ought to piss everyone with half a brain off but you come off as either so socially inept and/or so obviously sarcastic (when you are not doing that in your own mind I must point out) that you achieve a sort of ironic Nirvana. You are SO wrong/offensive/evil/emotionally stupid/etc. that you crash through the floor, cross an event horizon, and end up being absolutely hilarious to those who (if they could read your mind) would hang you from the nearest tree without hesitation.

Thankfully, they can't, so everyone laughs and you laugh along thanking god that they didn't see through you and thus shove a knife into your left kidney like so many special forces people have to their enemies. If ya know why they do that then ya get a gold star for proudly both knowing morbid things and broadcasting it to everyone with ears to hear. A favorite thing for those with PoLR. I mean, who wouldn't want to know stuff like that right? Right???

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if a Fe-PoLR type does or says something socially offensive or cause a social gaffe, then the IEI (probably SEIs too) probably finds it funny and laughs at you. This is because sometimes the XEIs "ignore" the Fe rules to solve a problem creatively. So if a Fe-PoLR type says "I don't have to act in a socially acceptable way!", then the XEI might see a point in that, and may even adopt the same attitude himself, despite the fact that he knows and understands the rules of Fe.

But I mean, it will definitely help if one has the knowledge of Socionics.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well, if a Fe-PoLR type does or says something socially offensive or cause a social gaffe, then the IEI (probably SEIs too) probably finds it funny and laughs at you. This is because sometimes the XEIs "ignore" the Fe rules to solve a problem creatively. So if a Fe-PoLR type says "I don't have to act in a socially acceptable way!", then the XEI might see a point in that, and may even adopt the same attitude himself, despite the fact that he knows and understands the rules of Fe.

But I mean, it will definitely help if one has the knowledge of Socionics.
    Yes, absolutely. I have seen this before. It plays in well with their duals.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the stuff my grandpa says. I wonder if he's the same type. What my grandpa never realized and never will is that people don't think he's as clever as he belives himself to be, and they try to get away from him, and the people who get along with him are the exact same way. Legends in their own minds. He borrows quips, quotes, jokes and never deviates from the same ones and laughs at them every time. I also wonder if he's on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oprah is IEE. Uncertain about Grant but ILI seems about right.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just by reading this thread I would say that insults are best served as ambiguous remarks (= usually drives ESIs insane).

It is funny though that I'm capable of those kinds of things that were included in examples just to elevate atmosphere.

Example
    Fe-PoLR: You know certain kinds of people reproduce by accident and their offspring...
    Me: You can always say to a student when he/she makes a mistake that he/she is a mistake.

I totally silenced him while everyone else were laughing their asses off.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder if Fe-polr is being mistaken for Fi-polr? Something else? While socially inappropriate comments may be indicative of Fe-polr, I wouldn't think that being a dick necessarily constitutes what Fe-polr is about. It may be more about 1) the general inability to create warm, loving, friendly, environments to attract singing rainbow unicorns and smiling dancing cupcakes 2) the social awkwardness at how to respond to positive emotions 3) the lack of emotional range of expressiveness that most people take for granted, leading to further social awkwardness and misunderstanding 4) monotone voice, just to name a few.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
    I wonder if Fe-polr is being mistaken for Fi-polr? Something else? While socially inappropriate comments may be indicative of Fe-polr, I wouldn't think that being a dick necessarily constitutes what Fe-polr is about. It may be more about 1) the general inability to create warm, loving, friendly, environments to attract singing rainbow unicorns and smiling dancing cupcakes 2) the social awkwardness at how to respond to positive emotions 3) the lack of emotional range of expressiveness that most people take for granted, leading to further social awkwardness and misunderstanding 4) monotone voice, just to name a few.
    Plus Fe-polr explains the absolute extroverted delight or anger outbursts we have on occasion.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    Plus Fe-polr explains the absolute extroverted delight or anger outbursts we have on occasion.
    The delight is very adorable. The anger ---> yes, also very good - make yourselves heard.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exactly. And not being enthused, or even feigning enthusiasm for lame, inauthentic group activities. I think Fe HA is the worst type of Fe. So clumsy. Want to be liked so bad. Sickening.

Shit like this from another site. A male playing fucking hostess. Like a Tupperware party. Let's have an internet "ball". What? lol. And mentions like 50 posters to come in the thread. That is trying hard to be liked. Check out this garbage, Fe in its worst form. It's just fuckin dorky. There is no other word for it.

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-foru...ion-infps.html

An EIE can be as insensitive or shocking as anybody. I actually think they are more confident doing it than lower Fe types.

EIEs generally refuse to conform to standards of what is acceptable and nice to say. Instead, they try to express themselves spontaneously — sometimes harshly, sometimes sweetly or kindly — not because that is what other people expect of them, but because that is what they actually feel at the moment.

Tupac could be EIE and is much harsher than that old Brit.

"I ain't got no motherfucking friends, that is why I fucked your bitch you fat motherfucker." said no Fe polr type ever.

Nas: Hate me now. Do it. I hate you too.

Hell or the pearly gates; I was destined to come
    Predicted, blame God, he blew breath in my lungs

Last edited by Tearsofaclown; 04-13-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a dick doesn't constitute what any function is about. To the degree we can speculate it does, Fe PoLR isnt much different from Fi PoLR when I think about being a dick, rude, etc. I've seen some awful cases of emotional abuse from XLI's, due to their PoLR. Stratiesvayka notices this too in her type descriptions for XLI's.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe polr has nothing to do with being rude. xLI types are some of the most polite people.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    Fe polr has nothing to do with being rude. xLI types are some of the most polite people.
    Maybe you're thinking of metalheads? \m/ \m/

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILI friend has a pretty offensive sense of humour tbh. He actually made a joke about comparing a teacher of ours and ****** and said that ****** at least knew when to quit. (It was one of the said teacher going in turbo mode while 'teaching' case, and his humour sense is made of pretty much things like this.) He was pretty fascinated with this joke for a while actually. He also likes Filthy Frank and memes in general.

There is a nihilistic absurdism vibe to him, most likely 5w4 Ni subtype. It is also pretty fun to watch how he doesn't even realize just how much the EII in the group gets annoyed by him constantly picking on her, (he is actually trying to pick lightheartedly in a joking way) which really is a bad decision as she is also a 4w5 and seems to reinforce her sense of "I am always the one others in the group pick to mock" though I think someone actually told him since he doesn't act as 'annoying' towards her anymore.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuhime View Post
    My ILI friend has a pretty offensive sense of humour tbh. He actually made a joke about comparing a teacher of ours and ****** and said that ****** at least knew when to quit. (It was one of the said teacher going in turbo mode while 'teaching' case, and his humour sense is made of pretty much things like this.) He was pretty fascinated with this joke for a while actually. He also likes Filthy Frank and memes in general.

There is a nihilistic absurdism vibe to him, most likely 5w4 Ni subtype. It is also pretty fun to watch how he doesn't even realize just how much the EII in the group gets annoyed by him constantly picking on her, (he is actually trying to pick lightheartedly in a joking way) which really is a bad decision as she is also a 4w5 and seems to reinforce her sense of "I am always the one others in the group pick to mock" though I think someone actually told him since he doesn't act as 'annoying' towards her anymore.

Delta NF, or maybe Delta in general, cannot take jokes. I am always "poking at people". Testing their boundaries. But I am used to social environments where everybody picks on each other. It's spread around to everyone. May be a Beta or Merry thing but I can't be friends with somebody who I can't pick on basically. And my ribbing is usually light hearted too like you mentioned about the ILI. And the EII can't even take that. I often end up offending Delta types. Delta NF women particularly. lol. I like to bust their balls. The fact that it irritates them just makes me want to do it more.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast