View Poll Results: What is eminem's type?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 5.36%
  • SLI (ISTp)

9 16.07%
  • SLE (ESTp)

3 5.36%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 3.57%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 14.29%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 3.57%
  • LSI (ISTj)

7 12.50%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 7.14%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.79%
  • ESI (ISFj)

16 28.57%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 1.79%

Thread: Eminem

Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS is a Te dominant?

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI-Se....the 'keeping it real' type. Yielding, Introvert, Rational, Negativist, Serious, Ethical

yielding > obstinate is pretty obvious from his rap lyrics.

He's too 'hard' for an IEI. Beta NF is not even a tomboyish type.

He is also too irreverent for LSI. Consequently, that's also the problem with typing Hitchens LSE. LSIs avoid open displays of iconoclasm and in your face fuck-you-ness. LSI aggression really operates behind the scenes. That's the nature of the type; an operative. They take more steps to wipe off trails leading back to them.

Irreverence is not a problem for ILE (nor for some other types), especially not ILE-Ne. Consequently, that's another reason why Manson is not LSI. However, Eminem's irreverence shows up more through his emotional realness. "Keeping it real." An ILE's irreverence shows up through their intuitions.

For his enneagram type, sx/sp cp6w7 works. Among other reasons, the "assertive bluffing" -- an apt phrase Naranjo uses to describe the counterphobic six -- reminds me of a guy who used to post here Absurd (LSE cp6w7 sx/sp).

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What most people don't realize is that Beta NFs are actually very internally aggressive. Moreso for EIEs than IEIs. But you won't see that on the surface.

And anyway, a lot of these typings are based on the stereotype that ESIs/LSIs are this badass muthafucka types, which is something that is not actually quite reflected in real life. It also contradicts the idea that Fi-dom is all about being moral and ethical and proper. Typing Eminem as ESI is about as convincing as typing Eminem as EII. Pretty much all of his songs are about being as unethical as possible.

But first, his "hardness", roughness, harshness that you see in him is just his persona. He admits that his "Slim Shady" persona is something that he just created to be as offensive as possible to deal with his problems. His ex-GF Kim paints quite a different picture of him, she has said that he is actually a very good husband and father and so on. And so has his mother, whom she says that he was a very nice boy as a child. There is nothing that is actually "hard" about him. So if you type him based on his hardness, then you're not actually typing him, but his persona.

Second, in his lyrics, he is an irrational incarnate. He is also very imaginative, and makes things up and raps about things that never probably really happened. This indicates N. His skill with his language, his wordsmithery is also more likely an NF trait. He is very good at languages and coming up with rhymes. You don't get the "duh, obvious" real-world literalness that you often get from S types.

Case in point... he writes stuff like this, which who knows it's actually true or not, and it's also self-depreciating, which points more to a Victim type:

I came to the club drunk with a fake ID
    Don't you want to grow up to be just like me?
    I've been with 10 women who got HIV
    Now don't you want to grow up to be just like me?
    I got genital warts and it burns when I pee
    Don't you want to grow up to be just like me?
    I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree
    You probably want to grow up to be just like me
    These lyrics, also show devalued Te:

Now I got the Industry pissy ever since me and Dre split it fifty-fifty on fifty it's funny
    We got a buzz spreading quicker than making paper-airplanes out of a twenty
    Fuck money I don't rap for dead presidents
    I'd rather see the president dead
    What is money?
    Money is what makes a man act funny
    Money is the root of all evil
    Money'll make them same friends come back around
    swearing that they was always down

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    THIS is a Te dominant?
    What part is supposed to refute that?

The only thing that seems obvious is that he isn't a Se valuer.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    How the fuck does that make sense.
    Lets wait for Gilly before you wet your pants, yeah?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS is a Te dominant?

In this video he looks possibly ENFj to me, but IDK He's different in each video.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Eminem had a drug addiction to benzos/sedatives/hypnotics going for a while, so that's going to make him appear more chill and relaxed, of course, than he probably is in his natural clean state. There is no way to tell if he's on anything in those interviews, but I'm wondering if the SLI impression people are getting is simply valium and ambien circulating in his bloodstream.

According to this interview link he was taking 20+ pills a day. Do SLIs really have this much trouble keeping relaxed? Would an IP take nearly two dozen downers daily and then still have the energy to hop around the stage like he does?

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    In this video he looks possibly ENFj to me, but IDK He's different in each video.
    drugs

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    More points for Fe ego...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Eminem had a drug addiction to benzos/sedatives/hypnotics going for a while, so that's going to make him appear more chill and relaxed, of course, than he probably is in his natural clean state. There is no way to tell if he's on anything in those interviews, but I'm wondering if the SLI impression people are getting is simply valium and ambien circulating in his bloodstream.

According to this interview link he was taking 20+ pills a day. Do SLIs really have this much trouble keeping relaxed? Would an IP take nearly two dozen downers daily and then still have the energy to hop around the stage like he does?
    it wouldn't be out of character for an IEI to take an extended break from touring so they could down opiates in complete leisure. but that's putting aside the assumption that EJs would be more inclined to these kinds of drugs than IPs -- the opposite has been true ime. but with em, the theme is pretty clear: he's mechanized by LSI dre, attains the megalomaniacal level of recognition he sought, then once the whole spiel gets boring, devolves into a masochistic frenzy, which is described with the same bitter hopelessness as his other, more personal music (yeah, 3w4). ultimately I can see but a superficial VI case for LSE, and even though he has an awkward terseness in some interviews, you only have to look at how he commands crowds and stretches inflection to have that cast into doubt.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's cute. I find him very charming somehow. there's something super compelling to me about his story, the whole victim breaks out of chains. I guess I relate. Not that I was ever poor but there are other ways of feeling trapped. I still say beta NF.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    he's cute. I find him very charming somehow. there's something super compelling to me about his story, the whole victim breaks out of chains. I guess I relate. Not that I was ever poor but there are other ways of feeling trapped. I still say beta NF.
    He's such an American archetype, almost too perfect to be real, if you really get the feel for his whole story. There's a reason he has a song called "Cinderella Man."

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Some kind of goofy, reactive, aggressive type. sx/so

With a bad drug addiction for years. Drugs affect personality in weird ways. Hard to see who someone really is when they are addicted.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    it wouldn't be out of character for an IEI to take an extended break from touring so they could down opiates in complete leisure. but that's putting aside the assumption that EJs would be more inclined to these kinds of drugs than IPs -- the opposite has been true ime. but with em, the theme is pretty clear: he's mechanized by LSI dre, attains the megalomaniacal level of recognition he sought, then once the whole spiel gets boring, devolves into a masochistic frenzy, which is described with the same bitter hopelessness as his other, more personal music (yeah, 3w4). ultimately I can see but a superficial VI case for LSE, and even though he has an awkward terseness in some interviews, you only have to look at how he commands crowds and stretches inflection to have that cast into doubt.
    Yeah I feel like his awkwardness is purely a product of trauma/social anxiety. I'm willing to bet money the benzos started around the time he began recording "The Eminem Show" as a way to combat the anxiety he often talks about when dealing with bad press and such. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he has a lot of performance anxiety: if I had that much hate spewed at me by people and the media, heck, even the government, I'd be afraid to go on stage too. Who knows when some fundamentalist psycho will snap and sneak a gun into one of his shows, or crawl through the ducts with a sniper rifle, or god knows what? When that many people OPENLY dislike and express their hate for you, paranoia is to be expected, and quite frankly not unreasonable, albeit perhaps counter-productive.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I mean I don't know how much paranoia influences it, but his energy carries more of a self-conscious tension than the unwitting awkwardness I've observed in Te-EJs, not like he's stepping out to define other boundaries. it's easy to relate to, as I'm often extremely anxious in public, just from seeing other eyes and filtering energies, yet don't ever really feel 'off balance' (something which is probably inverted for EJs and IPs). but yeah that pretty much relates to IPs and downers/benzos lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I feel like his awkwardness is purely a product of trauma/social anxiety. I'm willing to bet money the benzos started around the time he began recording "The Eminem Show" as a way to combat the anxiety he often talks about when dealing with bad press and such. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he has a lot of performance anxiety: if I had that much hate spewed at me by people and the media, heck, even the government, I'd be afraid to go on stage too. Who knows when some fundamentalist psycho will snap and sneak a gun into one of his shows, or crawl through the ducts with a sniper rifle, or god knows what? When that many people OPENLY dislike and express their hate for you, paranoia is to be expected, and quite frankly not unreasonable, albeit perhaps counter-productive.
    Trauma is a bit of a catch-22. The person wants a way out from something awful, but they can't find/obtain it, which is even its own trauma; eventually they have to accept it, while also accepting that they want to find a way out; some create a mental split to do this (personality disorders).

I'm sure he's not exactly comfortable, but I doubt it's a problem for him...kinds of reminds me of The Joker from The Dark Knight in a way, though I guess that character decided there was no point in wanting anything, since he saw that there is no real way out, nothing redeeming about existence.

edit: or whatever
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 09:26 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    I'm sure he's not exactly comfortable, but I doubt it's a problem for him...kinds of reminds me of The Joker from The Dark Knight in a way, though I guess that character decided there was no point in wanting anything, since he saw that there is no real way out, nothing redeeming about existence.
    Interesting comparison; I type Ledger's Joker as IEI as well.

Under cerulean skies...