Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lord of the Rings characters

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sauron is an eyeball. How are we supposed to type that?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    For type Sauron you have to read the Silmarillion. In the lord of the rings he use the eye but is not still an eye, in fact gollum was tortured by the hands of sauron as you can read in the fellowship of the ring.

Sauron is a shadow archetype of the maiar Mairon, Mairon became Sauron when followed Melkor. Melkor (the false messiah) opposed the other Valar, who remained faithful to Eru and tried to carry out the Creator's designs. Around this time, Sauron fell victim to Melkor's corrupting influence: "In the beginning of Arda Melkor seduced him to his allegiance."
    As for Sauron's motives, Tolkien noted that "it had been his virtue (and therefore also the cause of his fall ...) that he loved order and coordination, and disliked all confusion and wasteful friction." Thus "it was the apparent will and power of Melkor to effect his designs quickly and masterfully that had first attracted Sauron to him. Sauron deserted his service to the Valar and openly joined their great enemy: "Because of his admiration of Strength he had become a follower of Morgoth and fell with him down into the depths of evil. "While Morgoth still stood, Sauron did not seek his own supremacy, but worked and schemed for another, desiring the triumph of Melkor, whom in the beginning he had adored. He thus was often able to achieve things, first conceived by Melkor, which his master did not or could not complete in the furious haste of his malice."

Remember the lord of the rings is a book and only the end part of a saga, the movies are only peter jackson's interpretation of the book.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Of course. Frodo is more of a feeler in the movie than in the book. I need to finish reading the trilogy for the fourth time so I can accurately type him. I've read neither the Silmarillion nor The Tolkien Reader.

So what would you type Sauron as?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's that Melkor and Sauron are both ENFJs.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZAMPA View Post
    I think it's that Melkor and Sauron are both ENFJs.
    I've seen Sauron typed LSI and Melkor EIE. I'll have to post the link later.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I've seen Sauron typed LSI and Melkor EIE. I'll have to post the link later.
    As part of a plan to seduce the Elves into his service, Sauron assumed a beautiful appearance as Annatar, "Lord of Gifts," befriended the Elven-smiths of Eregion, led by Celebrimbor, and counselled them in arts and magic. Sauron hinted that he was an emissary of the Valar, specifically of Aulë, whom the Noldor in Exile held in high regard. Some of the Elves distrusted him, especially the Lady Galadriel and Gil-galad, the High King of the Noldor. The Elves in Eregion, however, did not heed their warnings.
    With Sauron's assistance, the Elven-smiths forged the Rings of Power, which conferred great power upon their bearers. He then secretly forged the One Ring in the volcanic Mount Doom in Mordor. This "One Ring to rule them all" had the power to dominate the other Rings and enslave their wearers to Sauron's will. The Rings of Power were extremely potent, however; to create an instrument that could dominate even them, Sauron was forced to transfer a great part of his native power into it. Yet "while he wore it, his power on earth was actually enhanced".When Sauron put on the One Ring, the Elves saw him for who he really was, removed their Rings, and did not use them for as long as Sauron retained the One Ring. Enraged, Sauron initiated a great war and conquered much of the land west of Anduin. This began the Dark Years. He overran Eregion, killed Celebrimbor, leader of the Elven-smiths, and seized the Seven and the Nine Rings of Power that had been previously forged with his assistance. The Three Rings, however, had been forged by Celebrimbor himself without Sauron's help. These rings were saved and remained in the hands of the Elves, specifically Gil-galad and Galadriel.

also in the Akallabêth (the fall of numenoré)
    "Sauron convinced Ar-Pharazôn to assail Aman and wrest immortality from the Valar, saying that great kings take what rightfully belongs to them. Sauron's desire was to destroy the Númenóreans and their proud king with the wrath of the Valar (though not to destroy their kingdom), although he underestimated their power. When the Great Armament set foot on Aman, however, the Valar laid down their guardianship and called on Ilúvatar, who broke and remade the world. Eru destroyed Ar-Pharazôn and his Númenórean host, burying them under falling hills until the Dagor Dagorath. To Sauron's dismay, Ilúvatar also had Númenor sunk into the Belegaer, and Aman he removed forever from the circles of the world. The world that had been flat was now spherical, and Aman was only open to Elves, who could still find the Straight Road."

Sauron has a behaviour of or as an EIE or SLE but not as an introverted.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I know I typed Sauron as LSI in the past. Haven't actually read the book (fail, I know) and haven't seen the movies in a long time so I don't have a strong opinion on anything anymore, other than Gandalf. I think Frodo is Fi leading, though. I used to type him as EII for no firmly established reason and Sam as LSE for no firmly established reason outside of impressions.
    For understand the lord of ther ring you have to read the Silmarillion first, after the Hobbit and after that the lord of the rings, the movie is heavy cutted and biased. However you cannot type sauron into the lord of the rings, cause he is only a Éminence grise, he is only typable into the Silmarillion.

For Frodo and Samvise its ok i think.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I firmly typed Sam as ESE-Si. He's a caregiver, seems to have in #8, and strikes me as a feeler.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Melkor

Lord of Arda!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 8w7; extrovert
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Enneagram 8w7; extrovert
    And what does that mean, exactly?

Qusay Hussein reminded me of him.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that doesn't work regarding extroversion: he went out into the Void, alone, to create fires and experiment with creation. This could point towards ILE, but would an ILE really sit in Utumno for years? Possibly, I guess, but why not EII?

Melkor hated being manipulated and he was always trying to assauge his fear of others. He cared nothing for justice, only getting his way in anything and everything. Of course his goal was to create life, which he could not do because he only enjoyed destruction (well not really, he enjoyed creating heat, but heat leads to destruction in some cases, and he used it for this purpose to kill elves).

My chief reason for thinking EII, is because he used Te in a very aggressive way ("This is my kingdom, and I name it unto myself") . This suggests Te superid.

But Gilly, you could be right. ILE-LSI may work well for him: using pressure and fission to determine the possible vs the impossible, and create the technology thereby to create life.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-08-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But here's a question that's more to the essence of the matter: how does type influence the expression of sadistic tendencies?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    And what does that mean, exactly?

Qusay Hussein reminded me of him.
    I know his bro Uday is definitely a SEE 7w8 so/sx... I always wondered what Qusay was, what do you type him Tcaullding?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    I know his bro Uday is definitely a SEE 7w8 so/sx... I always wondered what Qusay was, what do you type him Tcaullding?
    Something TP. There was a report he participated in torture, and gassed to death a child who wouldn't "stop shrieking". That's all I've heard about him.

As for Morgoth, http://valarguild.org/varda/Tolkien/...rinMorgoth.htm

He speaks as a being who sees itself as completely in control, a person with unlimited ability to punish. Exceedingly vain and presumptuous, with no regard for the rights of others. My overwhelming impression however, is that the character of Melkor is incomplete and unreal, in that it lacks political direction.

But now, I'm perceiving that there is a certain loss for logic in his actions. Hurin beats him back with logic, refusing his favors, and this just sends him into a tantrum. Could there be a touch of SEE in there, perhaps?

If we ascribe domination by static positivism to each function in an SEE scenario, then we get a secret fear of destruction in the PoLR block, answered by a relentless urge to might that prides itself on dominion and exclusive liberty. And through it all a fixation, element by element, on creating respect for the absolute perfection of the elements which preceded it: the perfection of the one demands the perfection of all so associated.

The urge to might is actually quite hollow: it is an assertion based on the feined invincibility of the self, a myth of personal immortality. Dauntless might accompanies invincibility, which affirms dominion. Likewise all within dominion are lower than oneself as proof of this dominion. This in turn means that one's own ambitions can inflate without limit, because loyalty to oneself alone is the only true morality. In turn opportunities are granted only to those who are loyal.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-08-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Lord of Arda!
    Lord of orcs, and maybe some men from south.
    ESTP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123