Quote Originally Posted by Joy
I've always identified most with 8's motivations, but I don't necessarily act like an 8. Did you see this?
I hadn't seen it - I never read similarminds, I've read it now.

I disagree with that poster.

The way I see E3 - as in the Enneagram Institute, and other sites - is this:

(3) Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.
Kristiina is the classical 3w4.

It took me some time to pick 8w9 as my type - as sx/sp or sp/sx - and only by reading more deeply, focusing on motivations. It's not obvious to me or to others, though. Gilly has also suggested that I am 6, and if you look at this:

(6) Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.
That's the description of an ISFj a bit too concerned with Ne/Ni; some ISFjs - like Diana - will identify more with 1, which is IJ temperament.

So, I totally understand why an ENTj with Fi-dual seeking, especially in certain periods, would appear as 6 to low-Fi types.

But no enneagram type describes me as well as Stratiyevskaya's ENTj description.

By the way, I use those motivation quotes to make the case, but I have read lots of very long descriptions of all types, too - those brief quotes are not the only reason for my typings.