Thread: Wing or Fixes: What has greater influence?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wing or Fixes: What has greater influence?

I find that the wing influences behaviour and motivations and the fixes act in terms of reacting to situations. What are your thoughts or views on what has a stronger influence?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for a specific E-type, which would portray stronger traits, one with it as a wing or a fix?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Good question.

The most intuitive answer would be, the main type counting the most, including its wing. However, I've found it depends a lot on what the wing actually is, as in from which centre it comes from. If it is from the same centre as the main type, it will be quite visible and more dominant than the other fixes. If not, the "dominance" switches a bit.

For instance, take someone who is 4w5 469. The 5 wing will give a bit of a flavor of 5, but the 6 fix will be the "true" head fix. So whenever the person is struggling with fear, it will be mostly in a Type 6 way. Of course there will be an influence of 5, but it won't be predominant.

At this point, I'd like to clarify that each fix is about how people deal with each main "emotion" (or issue) from each centre. Someone's head fix is about how they deal with fear, heart fix how they deal with sadness or shame or feelings in general, gut fix how they deal with anger. As I said earlier, 469 is mostly going to act like a Type 6 when it comes to fear, even if their wing is a 5. The 5 wing still matters, but the 6 fix is predominant, because it is the "true" head fix.

Having said all that, when the person is operating from neither fear, sadness, or anger in any significant way, they'll be mostly like their core type. In that case, the 4w5 469 will mostly act like a 4w5, really.

(I know it is all a bit complex, especially if you take into account disintegration/integration and such... ;p )
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much @Medusa! This is really helpful, especially in helping me understand what exactly the role of the fixes is. I've pieced together most of what was bothering me about the wing-fix correlation in someone's personality. Love you <3

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479