701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Thanksgiving

What's for food?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

abortion byproducts

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just thankful that I don't have to live in a nasty Indian reservation.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mmm, gonna slow cook a turkey

What I do is I take the biggest turkey I can find, have it thaw in the fridge for about half a week or so, take the giblets and neck and ice out of the birdcavity, put the bird in a shiny rectangular metal pan, heat the oven to 505°F, and put the bird in for 15 minutes or whatever I feel like. I'll then put on my Ove Gloves, open the oven door, take the bird in the pan out, set it on the counter, and wrap tinfoil around the pan to cover the exposed half of the now-browned turkey. I open the oven door to feel that huge burst of heat on my body, and I turn the temperature of the oven down to 190°F. I put the entire metallic cocoon of flavor and greatness into the oven, I close the door, and then I eventually go to bed. When I wake up, the turkey's right there waiting for me.

TOTALLY looking forward for the price of turkey to drop to 49 cents per pound again after the holidays
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably something I buy from the nearby Food Pyramid. I'm not going anywhere, and I'm not buying and cooking a feast for one. (Not that I'd buy and cook a feast for multiple people either.)
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You mean that holiday where people get together and eat food and socialize and then post pictures of the food and socializing all over facebook to show just what a lovely family/circle of friends they have? I think given my pathetic social life, I am too jaded to even get out of bed for that these days.

Come to think of it, maybe I will go and feed stray puppies. Stray puppies don't post on facebook.

I love puppies so much more than people...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, much more so than Christmas even though I love Christmas for other reasons. I love this holiday because it centers around family, friends, giving thanks to what we have and what we can do for others, stories of goodwill and kindness and good food.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-13-2013 at 02:13 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my best friend invited me to go to her place but to be honest its kind of a last resort if i don't get an invite from anybody in my family. they tend to forget about me (lol) so maybe since my dad is staying with me right now i'll end up piggybacking on any invites he gets.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not sure what I'm going to do, I need something to do.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Mmm, gonna slow cook a turkey

What I do is I take the biggest turkey I can find, have it thaw in the fridge for about half a week or so, take the giblets and neck and ice out of the birdcavity, put the bird in a shiny rectangular metal pan, heat the oven to 505°F, and put the bird in for 15 minutes or whatever I feel like. I'll then put on my Ove Gloves, open the oven door, take the bird in the pan out, set it on the counter, and wrap tinfoil around the pan to cover the exposed half of the now-browned turkey. I open the oven door to feel that huge burst of heat on my body, and I turn the temperature of the oven down to 190°F. I put the entire metallic cocoon of flavor and greatness into the oven, I close the door, and then I eventually go to bed. When I wake up, the turkey's right there waiting for me.

TOTALLY looking forward for the price of turkey to drop to 49 cents per pound again after the holidays
    48 cents here now. And what about the brine??

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JadaeRat View Post
    Whatever my cousin makes and I pick out to eat prolly turey itself, then she'll make us all fudge. I'll decline, take it anyways, and get sick on the way home from eating some haha.
    @lungs Tell someone you want to do something w/ him! EZ
    Eat everything. You get sick anyway. Just eat it and you'll deal with the sick part later. Hopefully it won't make you sick.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My sister forces us to buy her a smoked turkey. By force I mean hysteria that will make the ground under you shiver. By hysteria I mean screaming at the top of her lungs and giving you a history of what has been said by her in a thunderstorm. That's ok. I guess fuel on fire runs in my family. None of it is harmful. You just have to laugh about it but this is her favorite and she really won't have it any other way. Some men provide the type of lifestyle their partner wants to live and that's my brother in law. I'm more of the type who will live the life style I can afford to live and I won't expect or demand that like she does. That's because she doesn't have a guilt center like I do. She will get her $1000 turkey if that's how much it will cost and enjoy it while I may think of the 1000 starving people while eating the $10 turkey and feeling really guilty.

We're having smoked turkey. Sides are not decided yet. I am in charge of two sides and I don't know what to make.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i went ahead and asked my sister in law what her plans were and got a family invite since @JadaeRat pushed me to take initiative with his

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm sick

I have a really bad cold. I'm taking all kinds of zinc and decongestion pills to stop the runny nose and hopefully I won't spread my germs around by Thanksgiving dinner. I'm having it at my house.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Feel better, Maritsa!

Sit back and relax, I made you some hot chocolate:
    I hope this isn't going to be a disaster.
    -

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being that I live so far from my family, I don't celebrate holidays anymore. The past 4 Thanksgivings have consisted of me shamefully going to a Mcdonalds drive thru. Like, for real.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i went ahead and asked my sister in law what her plans were and got a family invite since @JadaeRat pushed me to take initiative with his
    so..when i told my dad about this, he was very adamant that he did not want to go >.>
    i'm just going to stay at home with him. the two of us and he bought a fucking turkey, lol. an entire fucking turkey.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We made homemade carrot cake yesterday. It's heavenly.

my family and boss will NOT leave me alone, they ask me to do something for them like every 5 minutes. I'm a nice guy and I don't mind to a certain extent, but I just want to be left alone in this thanksgiving and absorb into my own narcissism.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Smoking a turkey and stuff other people will cook for me. Saturday, another meal, Sunday I might hit my friend's place for like 4th thanksgiving meal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, much more so than Christmas even though I love Christmas for other reasons. I love this holiday because it centers around family, friends, giving thanks to what we have and what we can do for others, stories of goodwill and kindness and good food.
    Happy Thanksgivng Maritsa, and our entire family of 16 Types.

Cyrano
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Happy Thanksgivng Maritsa, and our entire family of 16 Types.

Cyrano

Thank you. My best wishes for a happy one for everyone here
    -

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    48 cents here now. And what about the brine??
    I just bought a 3 pound turkey breast roast for $12 - so it is like $4 a pound in Kansas City, MO.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info