LSI

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LSI too. So you are interested in war and dictatorship? Can you tell something about that?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post

"People who aren't assholes"... "People who aren't bitches"

Anyway haha, assuming you are curious about typings... based on the vids and my overall impression of you, I'd say...

*drumroll*

LSI-0 (leaning -Ti), Sp/Sx 6w5
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI or IEE-D 2w3 so/sx
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think LSI too. So you are interested in war and dictatorship? Can you tell something about that?
    I like learning about history and war because I like "immersing" myself into the the thoughts, moods and struggles of people in different time periods. I like having a glimpse of how people behave in circumstances. Aside from that I just like learning about all the cool weapons and battlefield tactics in various wars.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think you are LSI, you seem cool and fun, plus because of your strong LSI manifestations, finally everybody is on the same page about someone's type *waiting for murphy's law to come*

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSI-Ti 6w5 sp/so, the 'strongside' sp-subtype, given that you seem to place lot of attention to your living conditions

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII 5w6

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Ti in the ego block. I wouldn't rule out ILE-Ti THE INNOVATOR just yet. Leaning toward Alpha for sure but I can understand why many think Beta based on his way he decided to present wrt Se (war) & Si (history) topics.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 11-24-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought you were LSI for some time now but maybe I'll take a look to confirm.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Definitely Ti in the ego block. I wouldn't rule out ILE-Ti THE INNOVATOR just yet. Leaning toward Alpha for sure but I can understand why many think Beta based on his way he decided to present wrt Se (war) & Si (history) topics.
    Surely you mean Se (war) and Ni (history)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Surely you mean Se (war) and Ni (history)
    Si is history

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on this:
    History can be both and

There is your own perceived part of history, or past events, your sensorial memory, which is and the abstract imagination of past events which is , which you never self witnessed.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI. You said before you don't like people being condescending, and that is very much related to Fi, just like Fe is about being a manipulative two faced whore.

Fi valuers love traditional snobbery/uppity-ness/sophistication and a Fe valuer is always trying to either shit on that or correct the shadow sides of those qualities. The word 'crappy' is also very Fe. A Fi valuer would just say 'Here are some videos I made. I apologize for the low quality, I'm trying to <insert dumb Te excuse here>.'

Need to watch more, ur smile/face is Fe valuing as fuck though.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 11-26-2018 at 06:11 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Si is history
    It's history in MBTI, not socionics.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Still reminding me of my SLI ex

These videos are so haphazard and lackadaisical and idgaf

I guess they help me see Fe valuing making more sense. Looks like you just came for a good time lol

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Still reminding me of my SLI ex

These videos are so haphazard and lackadaisical and idgaf

I guess they help me see Fe valuing making more sense. Looks like you just came for a good time lol
    Yeah I was still using my crap 2012 phone that can only send videos a little over a minute long so I just winged it and had fun with it lol.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Muddy I know the current group think in this thread is LSI, but I never saw anything wrong with your self typing of SLI and these videos just confirmed it so my vote goes to SLI.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tfw when you can't type yourself cuz everyone wants you in their quadra and you don't want to feel like you are favoring anybody's opinion over another.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfw when you can't type yourself cuz everyone wants you in their quadra and you don't want to feel like you are favoring anybody's opinion over another.
    You dont need to torture yourself over possibilities or estimating the potential of options. See who you like more and use intertype relationships as a guide, the best ones are in your quadra.

Or just take my word for it, you are lsi.

Want a proof? If you like cheerful humorous emotional people who will resist you long enough to make it interesting and not let you win their heart so easily. If you like things more the harder they are to get then lsi, if you like weird zany people taking you on trips doing the most crazy and unusual things, leading the charge while you follow them and take care of them, then sli.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The best thing to do is look at ITR of people you know IRL like Hamada said. Also, SLIs and LSIs share similar strengths and weaknesses, but what separates them is what they value so that is another measuring point to go by. Also, don't put too much stock on what people's typing of you is in the forum (that includes me as well of course) as we don't have a full grasp of who you are unlike people who know you IRL. Anyways, I have the idea of SLI cemented on you partly because of your self typing, but also because you've always seem kind of laid back and down to earth like SLIs tend to be ime. LSIs have many great traits, but I don't think those are LSI traits.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    You dont need to torture yourself over possibilities or estimating the potential of options. See who you like more and use intertype relationships as a guide, the best ones are in your quadra.

Or just take my word for it, you are lsi.

Want a proof? If you like cheerful humorous emotional people who will resist you long enough to make it interesting and not let you win their heart so easily. If you like things more the harder they are to get then lsi, if you like weird zany people taking you on trips doing the most crazy and unusual things, leading the charge while you follow them and take care of them, then sli.
    For me I feel like there is too much nuance between people I "kinda like" and "actually like" to make any generalizations. When asking if I like weird zany people it matters lot to describe what exact brand of weirdness we are talking about. There was this one guy at my job once who was enigmatically silly and incompetent at his job and we became pretty good friends with despite nearly everyone else hating and talking shit about him. To me he was amusing and fun to be around and that's really what mattered. He was a bit exhausting to be around for too long though and I wasn't too bothered when he quit.

It's easier for me to point out what I don't like in people. Stiff, restless, intrusive people who act like they always got a stick up their ass and can't come to down to earth and be buds with those around them. Also to a lesser extent people with no absolutely passion for anything all and are content with hard mediocrity.

Oh and one other thing, I sure as hell am not interested in taking care of anyone's daily physical needs.
    Last edited by Muddy; 11-26-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Muddy

Bear grylls, Jonathan ross.

Or

neil degrasse tyson, will smith

Wich group fits your good guys / bad guys ?
    Last edited by Hamada; 11-26-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    @Muddy

Bear grylls, Jonathan ross.

Or

neil degrasse tyson, will smith

Wich group fits your good guys / bad guys ?
    I never watched and don't know anything about Jonathan Ross, but I've found Bear, Neil and Will all to be good and entertaining to watch and I don't like or dislike any of them over the other.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad, objectivity trap fails. Jonsthan ross is the only enfp there, the rest are enfjs.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well decided to go ahead and go with LSI so I can actually have grounds to finally talk about type related things. A note to @Raver, I definitely don't see you as my conflictor, but there's also a lot I feel wouldn't would make sense were I to type SLI. So yeah its a tough choice but I got to go with somethin ya know?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well decided to go ahead and go with LSI so I can actually have grounds to finally talk about type related things. A note to @Raver, I definitely don't see you as my conflictor, but there's also a lot I feel wouldn't would make sense were I to type SLI. So yeah its a tough choice but I got to go with somethin ya know?
    It's all good. LSI is certainly possible for you. I lean towards SLI still, but LSI would be my second choice. Also, I think I should elaborate on why duality and conflicting is overrated.

There are LSIs I know that I don't conflict with at all, but we don't jive either. Like we don't get bothered by each other, but we can't relate either due to being so different so nothing happens.

There are also SLIs that I jive with easily and we can talk about almost anything. However, we can conflict over the most mundane things and it would be very messy. This is worse than conflicting to an extent because you expect to get along in the long run and non-Socionics factors get in the way.

This is largely due to non-Socionics factors that complicate inter type relations. Finally, there are LSIs I conflict with like anyone would expect and SLIs that I get along with easily with little to no conflict.

The caricature of ITR relations does happen at times, but not always. This is why I think knowing about Socionics can backfire at times since it doesn't always go the way we expect.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    There are LSIs I know that I don't conflict with at all, but we don't jive either.
    "conflict" is only a name for IR. it does not mean you'd have conflicts in common sense. it would be hard to be good friends with them or to have good/easy marriage. they exhaust, as minimum - just by their difference, when you communicate with them IRL

> There are also SLIs that I jive with easily and we can talk about almost anything. However, we can conflict over the most mundane things and it would be very messy.

Besides types you may to have other conflicting regions with duals. I argued about politics with EII, and that was not good. Sometimes that EII behaved not good by own reasons. People are not ideal. Types are one of factors for relations only. It's important factor if you want good romance or close friendship, or need to deal much where some people would be easier.

Sometimes people may to have other types, also. Other good IR, for example.

> This is largely due to non-Socionics factors that complicate inter type relations.

would be better to say types mb overrated in some kinds of relations, but not concrete IR
    in IR descriptions are described abstract relations where are accented the important tendencies. it's not descriptions of real relations. even when real examples are used - only small part of those relations is described

> This is why I think knowing about Socionics can backfire at times since it doesn't always go the way we expect.

misunderstanding what it's about may. it's not the problem of Socionics, but of the quality of texts for studing. there should be used special study books and cources, but not only to read descriptions. any knowledge should be given by the correct way to be used better

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Why would a present oriented function be concerned about history? That MBTI definition never made any sense.
    The immediate stream of internalized sensory monitoring (Si) knows no future. The best it can do is to compare the present conditions to those recorded in the past.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey, @Muddy. I watched your four videos just now and I got a strong impression of ESI. Now, I know that LSI's and ESI's share two valued functions in the same position so there is some overlap, but the question is, What are the differences between LSI and ESI?

I know that LSI's love, and I mean love, expressions of Fe, and I was wondering if you really like it when someone is clowning around and openly expressing their emotions, both good and bad?
    LSI's also love drama, while ESI's hate drama. Weirdly enough, both seem to like sports and the outdoors. (3D Se?)
    I also know that ESI's value family and loyalty above practically everything else (Fi), and that you've stated that you felt betrayed by that guy at work.

What do you think? Is ESI a possibility?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Fair enough, I guess. But that would be connected to one's personal history, not the interest of history as a whole. Yes, an Si user may compare their immediate sensory monitoring with with those recorded in the past, but that doesn't give them an incentive or a desire to learn about the way society functioned before their time.
    I believe it does. Interests spread out. You may wonder why the space is uncomfortable, and without Ni, you can only examine other, previous spaces. You may notice that the city has an area that is completely segregated. A Te-Ni user would assume racism and would think about the best way to alter that situation for the common good. An Si-dom would consult historical maps and newspaper clippings to discover that at some point in history, the banks started redlining areas and they never changed, and that explains it; end of story.

Notice that the differences in the functions are as much in what doesn't get asked as they are in what does get asked.

Actions spread out from a point, but they spread in different directions according to functions.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hey, @Muddy. I watched your four videos just now and I got a strong impression of ESI. Now, I know that LSI's and ESI's share two valued functions in the same position so there is some overlap, but the question is, What are the differences between LSI and ESI?

I know that LSI's love, and I mean love, expressions of Fe, and I was wondering if you really like it when someone is clowning around and openly expressing their emotions, both good and bad?
    LSI's also love drama, while ESI's hate drama. Weirdly enough, both seem to like sports and the outdoors. (3D Se?)
    I also know that ESI's value family and loyalty above practically everything else (Fi), and that you've stated that you felt betrayed by that guy at work.

Hmmm....

I'm at work now but I'll try to answer more as soon as I get home.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI lolz cmon adam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Well I like people who clown around, though I'm not exactly sure if I can say I like it when people express bad emotions. I might need an example there.

As far as loyalty goes it just something I sort of expect without talking or thinking much about it. I don't concern myself with making people "prove" loyalty or anything like that, but I do get very upset if someone does act disloyal.

Family in itself is mostly irrelevant to me. What really matters is how much I love someone. If someone in my family is being an abusive asshole like my dad and step-dad were at times, I'd tell them to fuck off as I would anyone else who would act them same. If someones give me a reason to love them however, I'd do a tremendous amount for them regardless if I'm related to them or not. I'd rate my current family which consist of pretty much just my mother and brother at the "meh" level. I'd help them if they were in truly desperate need but I wouldn't do every little task or chore for them.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems evident that you're MBTI ISTP based on dichotomies alone. I see a lot of Se, as do most, but I wouldn't say extravert. Se seems valued over Si by your aggressive demeanour, but I don't have enough insight onto your thought process to say anything for certain. I think ISTx S subtype. It's difficult to differentiate quasi-identical types without deeper knowledge of your thought process.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020